Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Sinless Perfection in Christ

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
People who commit or practice sinning are indeed sinners and are lost.

This does not mean they were never born again.

JLB
Can someone really keep on sinning and still be saved?

1 John 3:6; "No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him."

Can someone really keep on sinning and still be saved?

No.

Here is how we are called to remain in Christ.

Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us. 1 John 3:24

I agree with your post except this sentence. I was always told many years ago that in order to go to heaven you had to be perfect. I struggled with this for many years walking away from God feeling I would never be perfect, no matter how hard I tried, in order to go to heaven. Now I know in my areas of weakness that God's grace is sufficient as where I am weak He is stronger and helps me to overcome the weak areas. Am I perfect, no, am I striving by the grace of God to be perfect, yes. I will be working out my own salvation with the help of Christ until the day when this corruptible puts on incorruptible and this mortal puts on immortality then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. 1 Corinthians 15:51-55.
Would you have "struggled" with..."You must always obey God"?
I struggled with both versions of "Love God with all your strength", but only struggled because nobody ever showed me how to accomplish it.
When they showed me I could crucify the flesh with the vile affections and lusts, and be raised with Christ as a new creature, I was "all in".
With the old man out of the way, and a new divine nature, and the Spirit of God, I found I could say "NO" to things that had enslaved me when I walked in the flesh.

Would you have "struggled" with..."You must always obey God"?
I struggled with both versions of "Love God with all your strength", but only struggled because nobody ever showed me how to accomplish it.
When they showed me I could crucify the flesh with the vile affections and lusts, and be raised with Christ as a new creature, I was "all in".
With the old man out of the way, and a new divine nature, and the Spirit of God, I found I could say "NO" to things that had enslaved me when I walked in the flesh.
We have different understandings, but does not mean we are none of His own. I know some religions teach sinless perfection, but I know that I still fall to the flesh at times, which is no excuse other than I am still housed in this fleshly body where the sin nature dwells. Yes, we are told to walk in the Spirit to avoid the things of the flesh, but yet we struggle between flesh and Spirit as they war against each other. I might not win a few battles, but will always win the war by the grace of God.

I have no clue how sinless you say you are as it is easy to say this when others do not know you or are with you face to face 24/7.

I do not know anyone who has become incorruptible or immortal yet for as far as I know Jesus hasn't come back yet.

We have different understandings, but does not mean we are none of His own. I know some religions teach sinless perfection, but I know that I still fall to the flesh at times, which is no excuse other than I am still housed in this fleshly body where the sin nature dwells. Yes, we are told to walk in the Spirit to avoid the things of the flesh, but yet we struggle between flesh and Spirit as they war against each other. I might not win a few battles, but will always win the war by the grace of God.
God made a way to crucify, kill, cast off the flesh.
The way is called baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, using water.
He made it possible to walk in the Spirit instead of in the flesh.
You are, in effect, blaming your skin and bones for sin.
How is that possible when it is the mind that is tempted, enticed, and lured into "fleshly" satisfiers.
I have no clue how sinless you say you are as it is easy to say this when others do not know you or are with you face to face 24/7.
One is either sinless or sinful.
There are no "degrees" of sinlessness.

for_His_glory:
I do not know anyone who has become incorruptible or immortal yet for as far as I know Jesus hasn't come back yet.
The vessel will fade away to dust, but it has no influence on what the mind does or doesn't do.
"I" am not the vessel, but "I" am what is inside of it.

Back