Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

sitting under a tree

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

evenifigoalone

Fare thee well, Felicia
2024 Supporter
I used to sit under the oak tree in my yard a lot in my late teens. I found it helped me deal with depression and other hard feelings. Something about it just so..... relaxing? Freeing? Uplifting? You feel like you're worlds away from all your problems, and it's just you and nature and God and the rest of it doesn't matter anymore. I could stay there for hours.

There is something about oak tree. I always remember the oak tree from when I was a child and used to walk home from school it was just a amazing tree and looked so peacful. I don't know what it is but it's just such a peaceful beautiful tree. I sometimes think of the old oak tree when I look back.

And the Maple tree. That's a beautiful and peaceful tree.

Seeing big deciduous trees through there seasons and witnessing the beauty of nature it's peaceful.

Last edited:
I used to sit under the oak tree in my yard a lot in my late teens. I found it helped me deal with depression and other hard feelings. Something about it just so..... relaxing? Freeing? Uplifting? You feel like you're worlds away from all your problems, and it's just you and nature and God and the rest of it doesn't matter anymore. I could stay there for hours.
There are parks I have walked that do this.

There is so much beauty in God's creation that at times we need to shut out the world and engulf ourselves in His creation, especially under a tree.

My husband and I use to have a camp and I loved sitting out on the deck with a cup of coffee in the morning just watching the river flow by and hearing the birds up in the trees. So relaxing.

Everyone needs there time out sometimes because the world is full on. Like sitting under a big tree for peace of mind is reconnecting with nature. Like many people enjoy going for a walk in the park or the wetlands or botanical gardens and just soaking in the beauty, taking some time out. For me it's the ocean , I don't know what it is but as soon as I'm on the ocean i get peace of mind. Away from everything and one with the ocean and nature the sea life and the beauty of the ocean.

Last edited:
Nature is very much a natural antidepressant. I always feel better getting outside than if I stayed indoors. I think I'd feel better if I saw some green grass here, though. Natural desert landscape can feel a bit gloomy sometimes with all sorts of dead stuff.

Getting outdoors is good for us, though!

As my father used to tell me, "Human beings were never created to sit in front of a computer screen all day." It makes plenty of sense to me.

Back