Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Sodom and Gomorrah

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Shema

CF Ambassador
png_20220618_150348_0000.png
An Emoji devotions for Sat, June 18, 2022

Topic: Sodom and Gomorrah

Highlight:

Finally, Abraham said, "Please don't get angry, LORD, if I speak just once more. Suppose you find only 10 good people there." "For the sake of 10 good people," the LORD told him, "I still won't destroy the city." Genesis 18:32

God also punished the evil cities of Sodom and Gomorrah. He burned them until there was nothing left but ashes. He used those cities as an example of what will happen to people who are against God.
2 Peter 2:6

Such punishment is specially reserved for those who indulge the corrupt desires of the flesh and despise authority. Bold and self-willed, they are unafraid to slander glorious beings.
2 Peter 2:10 BSB

Congratulations to you, if you are someone who is wise enough to search for God. I am congratulating you because you are the first people God is looking for whenever he looks down from heaven to check on his creations. How did I know? In Psalms 14:2, The Holy Bible Tells us that From time to time God would look down from heaven if anyone is wise enough to search for Him.

The Lord looks down from heaven upon the sons of men to see if any understand, if any seek God. All have turned away, they have together become corrupt; there is no one who does good, not even one.
Psalms 14:2‭-‬3 BSB

The story is short. No one was looking for God in Sodom and Gomorrah except Lot and their family. They were not up to ten in numbers, there is no amount of intercession that could save them. Simply because there were no good people in the city. God had to removed lot and his family out of Sodom and Gomorrah. Even when Lot's wife looked back to the city when it was being destroyed, she paid for it with her dear life. For her heart was with Sodom and Gomorrah and not with God. She will be a salt for the goats in the mountain because goats were symbols of disobedient children.

Give your life to Christ, seek God in the right way which is through Jesus Christ. John 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true adorers shall adore the Father in spirit and in truth. For the Father also seeketh such to adore him.

Lot and his two daughters escaped the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah but the destructive way of Sodom and Gomorrah did not escape them. Genesis 19:30-38 as His daughters raped their father to raise children for their lineage.

The world is going viral on the pathway of Sodom and Gomorrah. God is still looking down each day to find good people who adore him in Spirit and in truth. Will he find you? Lot lived right and was greatly troubled by the terrible way those wicked people were living. He was a good man, and day after day he suffered because of the evil things he saw and heard. So the Lord rescued him.
2 Peter 2:7‭-8 Such is the generation of those who seek Him, who seek Your face, O God of Jacob. Selah
Psalms 24:6

Prayer: God if I can seek your face in spirit and truth that will make you to love me and bless me. Give me grace to honor and adore you.

Back