Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Something for all of us to think about

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Paul1965

I love this. Not just because of the humour, but also because it rings true with a lot of God's children.

A man was being tailgated by a stressed out woman on a busy street. Suddenly, the light turned yellow just in front of him. He did the right thing, stopping at the crosswalk. The tailgating woman hit the horn, screaming as she missed her chance to get through the intersection.

As she was still in mid-rant, she heard a tap on her window and looked up into the face of a police officer. He took her to the police station where she placed in a holding cell.

After a couple of hours, the policeman opened the cell door and said, "I'm very sorry for this mistake. I pulled up behind your car while you were blowing your horn, flipping off the guy in front of you, and cussing a blue streak. I noticed the 'What Would Jesus Do?' bumper sticker, the 'Follow Me to Sunday School' bumper sticker, and the chrome-plated Christian fish on the trunk. Naturally, I assumed you had stolen the car!"

As believers, we are always being watched.

God's Blessings to you all

I love this. Not just because of the humour, but also because it rings true with a lot of God's children.

A man was being tailgated by a stressed out woman on a busy street. Suddenly, the light turned yellow just in front of him. He did the right thing, stopping at the crosswalk. The tailgating woman hit the horn, screaming as she missed her chance to get through the intersection.

As she was still in mid-rant, she heard a tap on her window and looked up into the face of a police officer. He took her to the police station where she placed in a holding cell.

After a couple of hours, the policeman opened the cell door and said, "I'm very sorry for this mistake. I pulled up behind your car while you were blowing your horn, flipping off the guy in front of you, and cussing a blue streak. I noticed the 'What Would Jesus Do?' bumper sticker, the 'Follow Me to Sunday School' bumper sticker, and the chrome-plated Christian fish on the trunk. Naturally, I assumed you had stolen the car!"

As believers, we are always being watched.

God's Blessings to you all

Paul:

Hmm...good thought.

I remember you saying that it was your conduct by God's grace, which matched your tattoos, which caused your wife to start reading the Bible...

Blessings.

Hi Paul,
Thanks for sharing. It's important to remember who we are representing and not give cause to unbelievers to talk bad of God. Hope all is well with you.

Hi Paul,
Thanks for sharing. It's important to remember who we are representing and not give cause to unbelievers to talk bad of God. Hope all is well with you.

G: Testimony is an important thing, yes. It's so easy to forget one's testimony, but the world is observing.

(Is the bridge in your avatar the Golden Gate? those one that features in one of the Bond movies, when the lady with the nice haircut flies over the bridge in a helicopter?)

Hi Gordon, you're right. Sometimes we forget,(I know I'm guilty sometimes) to show grace as God has shown us through Jesus' sacrifice at Calvary. Then wonder why some people brand us as hypocritical.

Yes I'm fine thanks,and hope the same of you. I've been very busy writing new articles for Glorify Fitness (will post soon) and clients as well as teaching...sigh..a day of rest would be nice.

Hi Farouk, hope all is well with you. Re: Thayanee and His word, yes, it was.

Consistency is so hard to achieve. :sad

Claudya:

True, but the believer has the example of the Lord Jesus to keep looking at: the writer to the Hebrews speakings of 'looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith' (Hebrews 12.2).

Claudya, consistency IS hard to achieve. I pray for His strength to help me overcome the old ways every morning, some days I make it some not. If I put 10 Baht in a tin every time I slipped up, by the end of a year I'd have quite a nice bundle of cash (after tithing of course) Just this morning I found myself muttering under my breath about the driving standards here......

G: Testimony is an important thing, yes. It's so easy to forget one's testimony, but the world is observing.

(Is the bridge in your avatar the Golden Gate? those one that features in one of the Bond movies, when the lady with the nice haircut flies over the bridge in a helicopter?)

Yes Golden Gate. Impressive to see.

Back