Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Soul Salvation

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Soul man

Salvation is a free gift to all that will receive it.
Salvation happened at the cross and is the greatest event to ever take place in the world.
It is the fullfilling of the great and glorious plan of the Father before the foundation of the world, Eph. 1:4
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

We have used a term that was an Old Testament term, "the saving of the Soul," for spirit salvation.
We have soul saving campaigns, rally's for saving soul's, do what we can to get souls in the altar for salvation.
I understand the thought that goes into these type of things, and God has honored them down through the years.
But the fact of the matter is, it is not your soul that was saved at the cross, it was your spirit.
Your soul is being saved, delivered, renewed.
So it really should be called spirit salvation, with the soul being saved (renewed) and body being saved on resurrection morning, 2 Cor. 1:10
10 Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver us;

I make the point because of the many traumatic things that can take place in this life, before salvation and even after.
The soul is a tender shoot, like new plant growth, it can be bruised and battered beyond what seems like repair for those that have suffered some of these trauma's.
With all the different type of media outlets we see events unfolding on a daily basis.
I still remember well as we dealt with a woman that had suffered such abuse as a child she could not adjust to a normal life even as a Christian.
What I remember most is when this session came to an end the minister told me "I have seen many like her and they never recover."
That completely contradicted what I was reading in scripture, I don't want to belittle him, he had seen alot, but I was seeing by the word of God there was never a time where hope was gone.
Through time and time again I came to understand our hope of any kind of life in this world is "a renewed mind".
The saving of the soul, the washing of the water of the word.
The mind that functions as a Christ mind, that is the saving of the soul.
Over and over people try to change, I'll be a better husband or wife, I'll be that parent I'm supposed to be.
I have seen the effects of those that get their minds renewed or at least get on track for being renewed.
Their are those that cannot talk about the depth of their pain, with other they need to talk.
True healing is beginning when you have the memories of things that have happened to you, and they dont hurt when you think about them. At least as much and when you can glory in your afflictions, you have started to see the reason for all things.
Allow this mind to be in you that was in christ Jesus.
What sets the believer in motion for this type of mental relief is when they begin to understand they are sons/dauthers of God, 1 John 3:2
2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Not later, not when you get cleaned up, not when you work your doctrine right, but now are you birthed of God.
That will be the greatest news to ever be fixed in you by the Spirit, when I rell you it will mean nothing, when the HolySpirit reveals to you that you are the birthed of God, healing begins.
Your religion and self help and works will have to cease, the HolySpirit will need your undivided attention with nothing to hinder you from coming on into the wonderful sound of your Father's voice that says "this is my son in whom I'm well pleased.
Religionists will keep you from moving on in God, follow on to know the lord, walk out of the not knowing into the knowing of your Father that He has reserved for His Own.
There is a journey that awaits every believer, an uncharted journey that only your Father knows.
A land, if you will, like the pioneer's of old not knowing what lay ahead, but a journey into the deep, yeah calleth to the deep, Psalms 42:1-7
As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.

2 My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?

3 My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is thy God?

4 When I remember these things, I pour out my soul in me: for I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept holyday.

5 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.

6 O my God, my soul is cast down within me: therefore will I remember thee from the land of Jordan, and of the Hermonites, from the hill Mizar.

7 Deep calleth unto deep at the noise of thy waterspouts: all thy waves and thy billows are gone over me.

Back