Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Spiritual Gifts

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

for_his_glory

Fight the good fight of faith
2024 Supporter
Spiritual gifts are supernatural manifestations that come as gifts from the Holy Spirit operating through believers for the common good. These are gifts we receive through grace that indicates that Spiritual gifts involve both an inward motivation and the power to perform ministry and is received from the Holy Spirit. No man can place a certain gift on themselves unless it is placed on them by the Holy Spirit.

1Corinthians chapter 12 explains these gifts given to those who are in service of the Lord for the purpose of Gods ministry to all nations as we are one in the body of Christ to all who have answered Gods call to reconciliation by his grace. Four walls do not make a Church, but one body gathered together in the name of Jesus is what makes up his true worldwide church and as those of each nation comes to Christ so are the gifts given to each individual working as a whole for the witness of Christ.

These gifts are for the governing of Gods ministry to keep us inline with his perfect will. They are not to be used to edify and lift up ones self to make one better than another, but to lift up and edify one another in the will of God which is his perfect will of love. Let us bind these gifts up in our hearts and use them for the purpose and intent that binds us together in love.

1 Corinthians 12:1-31

Vs. 1-3 Do not be ignorant of the world’s ways of conducting themselves as we know that Satan’s domain is trying to control this world and also has his own demonic ministry. God’s word is not only for the Jews, but also for the Gentile whom the Jews thought to be nothing more than heathens not worthy to be called by the name of God. No one can be speaking under the influence of the Holy Spirit and say curse Jesus or can say Jesus is Lord, but by the Holy Spirit that gives us confirmation that Jesus is truly Lord of lords and King of kings.
(Matthew 16:13-17)

Vs. 4-7 The different way each gift is given is to be used in the ministry of Christ as in administrations, directors or delegates and only given to those who are led by the Holy Spirit. Different operations are for the function of the working body as each operations is given individually to each one by Gods Spirit for direction for what God purposes, not what man wants to control within the body of Christ.
(Ephesians 4:4-6)

Vs. 8 Word of wisdom is for us to know the mind of Christ to allow his Spirit speak to us and through us not only to instruct others, but for us to know for a surety that we are remaining in Gods will. Word of knowledge is for us to grow into maturity of Gods word to be able to speak his word with all power and authority that comes by his Spirit for all truths.
(1 Corinthians 2:16; 2 Timothy 2:15-16; 3:16-17)

Vs. 9 Faith brings with it a good report that through the gift of faith we have hope and can see the evidence of faith in action just as those gathered together in the upper room saw the evidence when Jesus was taken up and the Holy Spirit came down and fell on all of them as their faith was increased through belief. Faith is also displayed by those who come for healing and believe that Jesus truly is who he said he was as it is not the person laying hands on you, but the Holy Spirit using the hands of that person to heal you, but you have to have faith to believe in your healing.
(Hebrews 11:1-2; Matthew 10:1; James 5:15; 1 Peter 2:24-25)

Vs. 10 Working of miracles is God glorified through acknowledgement and amazement of the presence of God that he is the same yesterday, today and forever through his Spirit working through others as no one can speak evil and perform the signs of God on their own. It’s those signs that draw others to faith in Christ by actually seeing the power and authority Christ works through others as it is evidence through action. Prophecy is given to those prophets who speak through divine inspiration whom the will of God is expressed. Discerning of spirits is given to know what spirit is in action as there are two spirits that operate and one is the Spirit of truth and the other a spirit of error. Different kinds of tongue and interpretation of tongues means through all the different languages that are spoken in this world God will always give us interpretation of another’s language so we can all be as one in Gods word for teaching and learning.
(Mark 9:39; John 2:11; 1 John 4:1-6; Genesis 11:9)

Vs. 11-27 Different parts make up the whole body through one common factor that is the Spirit of God and works in all of us and through all of us for the glory of the Lord. The body of Christ has many members and many different functions yet it remains one body in Christ. There is no gift that places one higher than another as God is no respecter of person, but chooses those who have the Spiritual capability and availability to lead his people with the same love and compassion he shows us.

Vs. 28-31 Whether it be a formal Church setting behind four walls with pews and fancy stained glass windows or just a group of people gathered together in someone’s home sharing the word of God there has to be an order in all we do in Gods ministry so we will remain in Gods will for the purpose and time of his ministry. As an individual we can receive all the gifts of the Spirit within us, but can only use those gifts as the Spirit gives us unction to do so. We are all apostles and prophets that teach the word of God and perform miracles and heal the sick, but we do not do this of ourselves, but only by the Holy Spirit working in us and through us to reach out to the hearts of others. Let the Holy Spirit guide and direct your path and you will always be pleasing to the Father bringing glory and honor to his glorious name.

One thing I have noticed about the listing of the gifts. They were explained to the gentiles who were not familiar with God, and like you said were used to evil leadings while involved with idol worship.
1 Corinthians 12:2 kjv
2. Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.

The Jewish people can find instances of the gifts used by prophets throughout the Old Testament. They are scarce however. The New Testament shows sons and daughters involved and not just the prophets.

King Saul was told the donkeys (?) were found. Which seems out of place but was a word of knowledge.

The answer to the writing on the wall was interpretation of tongues.

This has the potential to be an excellent study.

eddif

I feel so many have turned away from all these Spiritual gifts saying they are no longer for today. If they would truly study and understand that the need is even greater today then yesterday as we need a mighty moving of God's Spirit throughout the nations in a greater refreshing of the Holy Spirit.

I feel so many have turned away from all these Spiritual gifts saying they are no longer for today. If they would truly study and understand that the need is even greater today then yesterday as we need a mighty moving of God's Spirit throughout the nations in a greater refreshing of the Holy Spirit.
It sometimes is hard to get past the error we see in people. Meaning that fake spiritual gifts have been used, and so people think spiritual gifts are spoiled forever.

The next three verses may seem out of place, but the concept of not being spoiled is here.

Romans 3:1 kjv
1. What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?
2. Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.
3. For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?

I used to look at spiritual gifts as the height of being spiritual. Wrong ego trip. They are a bag of tools to use in humble service. To convince people God is in us for some. Others just have needs that need to be met.

eddif

Agreed. Through false teachings many have been led astray from the power of the Holy Spirit, and the gifts of the Spirit.

How desperate we are for the Spiritual gifts today as we see the end of the age fast approaching.

JLB

I have the gifts of tongues, proclamation, and prophetic utterance. I'm also an anointed worship leader, though the Lord removed me from the church many years ago. He is preparing me to be part of a revival that is going to start in my area.

It sometimes is hard to get past the error we see in people. Meaning that fake spiritual gifts have been used, and so people think spiritual gifts are spoiled forever.

The next three verses may seem out of place, but the concept of not being spoiled is here.

Romans 3:1 kjv
1. What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?
2. Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.
3. For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?

I used to look at spiritual gifts as the height of being spiritual. Wrong ego trip. They are a bag of tools to use in humble service. To convince people God is in us for some. Others just have needs that need to be met.

eddif
1Co 12:11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
1Co 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
1Co 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
1Co 12:14 For the body is not one member, but many.

It's all about the Holy Spirit working through us within the ministry of Christ.

I have the gifts of tongues, proclamation, and prophetic utterance. I'm also an anointed worship leader, though the Lord removed me from the church many years ago. He is preparing me to be part of a revival that is going to start in my area.
And these are the workings of the Holy Spirit through you that you may be a light unto the world that others will come to Christ as you continue to let the light of Christ shine through you.

I'm just one little no-name man (which is how I like it) who delights in being used by our awesome God in renewal/revival. If He used me like this again, I might even enjoy life again!
More importantly, I want to see the dead raised to life, the blind see, the deaf hear, the sick healed...but most of all, for people to come to know Yeshua! Then my life would have meaning! This is what I'm talking about.

Spiritual gifts are supernatural manifestations that come as gifts from the Holy Spirit operating through believers for the common good. These are gifts we receive through grace that indicates that Spiritual gifts involve both an inward motivation and the power to perform ministry and is received from the Holy Spirit. No man can place a certain gift on themselves unless it is placed on them by the Holy Spirit.

1Corinthians chapter 12 explains these gifts given to those who are in service of the Lord for the purpose of Gods ministry to all nations as we are one in the body of Christ to all who have answered Gods call to reconciliation by his grace. Four walls do not make a Church, but one body gathered together in the name of Jesus is what makes up his true worldwide church and as those of each nation comes to Christ so are the gifts given to each individual working as a whole for the witness of Christ.

These gifts are for the governing of Gods ministry to keep us inline with his perfect will. They are not to be used to edify and lift up ones self to make one better than another, but to lift up and edify one another in the will of God which is his perfect will of love. Let us bind these gifts up in our hearts and use them for the purpose and intent that binds us together in love.

1 Corinthians 12:1-31

Vs. 1-3 Do not be ignorant of the world’s ways of conducting themselves as we know that Satan’s domain is trying to control this world and also has his own demonic ministry. God’s word is not only for the Jews, but also for the Gentile whom the Jews thought to be nothing more than heathens not worthy to be called by the name of God. No one can be speaking under the influence of the Holy Spirit and say curse Jesus or can say Jesus is Lord, but by the Holy Spirit that gives us confirmation that Jesus is truly Lord of lords and King of kings.
(Matthew 16:13-17)

Vs. 4-7 The different way each gift is given is to be used in the ministry of Christ as in administrations, directors or delegates and only given to those who are led by the Holy Spirit. Different operations are for the function of the working body as each operations is given individually to each one by Gods Spirit for direction for what God purposes, not what man wants to control within the body of Christ.
(Ephesians 4:4-6)

Vs. 8 Word of wisdom is for us to know the mind of Christ to allow his Spirit speak to us and through us not only to instruct others, but for us to know for a surety that we are remaining in Gods will. Word of knowledge is for us to grow into maturity of Gods word to be able to speak his word with all power and authority that comes by his Spirit for all truths.
(1 Corinthians 2:16; 2 Timothy 2:15-16; 3:16-17)

Vs. 9 Faith brings with it a good report that through the gift of faith we have hope and can see the evidence of faith in action just as those gathered together in the upper room saw the evidence when Jesus was taken up and the Holy Spirit came down and fell on all of them as their faith was increased through belief. Faith is also displayed by those who come for healing and believe that Jesus truly is who he said he was as it is not the person laying hands on you, but the Holy Spirit using the hands of that person to heal you, but you have to have faith to believe in your healing.
(Hebrews 11:1-2; Matthew 10:1; James 5:15; 1 Peter 2:24-25)

Vs. 10 Working of miracles is God glorified through acknowledgement and amazement of the presence of God that he is the same yesterday, today and forever through his Spirit working through others as no one can speak evil and perform the signs of God on their own. It’s those signs that draw others to faith in Christ by actually seeing the power and authority Christ works through others as it is evidence through action. Prophecy is given to those prophets who speak through divine inspiration whom the will of God is expressed. Discerning of spirits is given to know what spirit is in action as there are two spirits that operate and one is the Spirit of truth and the other a spirit of error. Different kinds of tongue and interpretation of tongues means through all the different languages that are spoken in this world God will always give us interpretation of another’s language so we can all be as one in Gods word for teaching and learning.
(Mark 9:39; John 2:11; 1 John 4:1-6; Genesis 11:9)

Vs. 11-27 Different parts make up the whole body through one common factor that is the Spirit of God and works in all of us and through all of us for the glory of the Lord. The body of Christ has many members and many different functions yet it remains one body in Christ. There is no gift that places one higher than another as God is no respecter of person, but chooses those who have the Spiritual capability and availability to lead his people with the same love and compassion he shows us.

Vs. 28-31 Whether it be a formal Church setting behind four walls with pews and fancy stained glass windows or just a group of people gathered together in someone’s home sharing the word of God there has to be an order in all we do in Gods ministry so we will remain in Gods will for the purpose and time of his ministry. As an individual we can receive all the gifts of the Spirit within us, but can only use those gifts as the Spirit gives us unction to do so. We are all apostles and prophets that teach the word of God and perform miracles and heal the sick, but we do not do this of ourselves, but only by the Holy Spirit working in us and through us to reach out to the hearts of others. Let the Holy Spirit guide and direct your path and you will always be pleasing to the Father bringing glory and honor to his glorious name.
Question??:
Would you care to start a thread on pagan false parallel spiritual gifts? Another title would be fine. I think I know a few. I don’t think I have ever tried to identify all of them. Your call.

The purpose is to discern good and evil spirits, which is in itself a spiritual gift.

eddif

In 2000, the Lord led me to the above prophetic word. I do not know the author, nor do I know the interpreter. Over the years, the Lord has given me dreams, visions, and songs, along with answers to prayer that have convinced me that I will, in some small way, be part of what He has been preparing me for, for nearly 22 years.
I don't know what bothers me more, charismatics who try to use me for my giftings and anointing, or those who say anything supernatural is of the devil.
I will not verbalize what I feel like saying to both sides, as I don't want to get kicked off of this forum.
If there is one thing I'd like to say to the "church," it's this...GROW UP!!!

Due to B's mistake, A believes they're right.
Due to A's mistake, B believes they're right.

Question??:
Would you care to start a thread on pagan false parallel spiritual gifts? Another title would be fine. I think I know a few. I don’t think I have ever tried to identify all of them. Your call.

The purpose is to discern good and evil spirits, which is in itself a spiritual gift.

eddif
I really do not know much about pagan spiritual gifts other than they are of Satan. We have been taught to test the spirits according to 1 John 4:1-6 to know if they are of God or of the principalities of this world as Satan has infiltrated many churches unaware of the congregation.

If you would like to start a thread on this I would be interested in reading what you have. Just tag me into it.

I'm just one little no-name man (which is how I like it) who delights in being used by our awesome God in renewal/revival. If He used me like this again, I might even enjoy life again!
More importantly, I want to see the dead raised to life, the blind see, the deaf hear, the sick healed...but most of all, for people to come to know Yeshua! Then my life would have meaning! This is what I'm talking about.
It's the little no-name people like you and me that Christ is looking for to work through as they are humble and pure of heart. All of us start out like a lump of coal, but are in the process of the refiners fire making us in whom He wants us to be in all our brilliance as being a light unto the nations.

Norman you are a light unto the nations as you proclaim the name of Christ to others. The light of God's word proceeds within the actions of our heart as what we speak to others as we want others to come to know Jesus and have that personal relationship with Him.

Joel 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
Joel 2:29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.
Joel 2:30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.
Joel 2:31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.
Joel 2:32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

Luke also confirmed this prophecy of Joel in Acts 2:14-21.

IMO I think this was what Bobby Connor and Rick Joyner was speaking of in the vision Bobby was given. We can do nothing of our self, but can do all things through Christ Jesus as the Holy Spirit work in us and through us.

BTW, Morningstar Ministries is only an hour north of me.

In 2000, the Lord led me to the above prophetic word. I do not know the author, nor do I know the interpreter. Over the years, the Lord has given me dreams, visions, and songs, along with answers to prayer that have convinced me that I will, in some small way, be part of what He has been preparing me for, for nearly 22 years.
I don't know what bothers me more, charismatics who try to use me for my giftings and anointing, or those who say anything supernatural is of the devil.
I will not verbalize what I feel like saying to both sides, as I don't want to get kicked off of this forum.
If there is one thing I'd like to say to the "church," it's this...GROW UP!!!
Never let others distract you of what God gives you. He prepares us in His timing for His purpose here on earth.

"And he did not do many mighty works there, because of their unbelief." - Matthew 13:58 ESV
Fear=unbelief
People just do not want to get up from their comfort zones as they live in fear. If one fears what others will do to them, then they put to shame the name of Jesus.

John 15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
John 15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
John 15:20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
John 15:21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.

Back