Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Spiritual warfare? Prayers appreciated

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
hello I have been recently very resistant to reading the Word, prayer and things of that nature. Depression has been hitting me very hard. I am thinking this could be the spirit mentioned in Isaiah 61:3. I will admit that I do have harbored sin in my life. Prayers appreciated.

Last edited:
I was given excessive involuntary shock treatments back in the day. Until Jesus willed restoration a lot of times prayer was about all I could handle.
Like i said, prayer is like a chore that I really don’t want to do. Like I said I think I maybe could be dealing with what is mentioned in Isaiah 61:3. I am apathetic. I am having a lot of wicked thoughts from my flesh and I feel like giving up. I hope there is still hope for me.

Last edited:
I think depression is a problem in living and a spiritual problem. Physical components…personally I find vitamin supplements help.

Demonic? Satan is real and so are his minions. ThT doesn’t make misery satanic in origin.

Hi Andrewoder1999 and welcome to CF :wave2

I read that website and have to ask myself why do you not believe what was written there.

Depression is from the spirit of doubt and fear as only one themself can allow this spirit to enter into their mind as the mind is Satan's greatest playground.

I see you have checked that you are not a Christian, but I do believe you know who Jesus and God are, but have no personal Spiritual relationship with either one. If I am right about that then you need to humble yourself and bring all of this to Jesus and just sit and talk to Him in which is what prayer is all about. Pour your heart out to Jesus as you lay your burden down before Him. When you are done pouring it all out then be still long enough to hear His still small voice speak to you and to start a new work in you as Jesus brings the joy back to your heart.

We are here to help you and do not be afraid to ask questions in the Question forum. You are in my prayers :pray

I read that website and have to ask myself why do you not believe what was written there.

Depression is from the spirit of doubt and fear as only one themself can allow this spirit to enter into their mind as the mind is Satan's greatest playground.

I see you have checked that you are not a Christian, but I do believe you know who Jesus and God are, but have no personal Spiritual relationship with either one. If I am right about that then you need to humble yourself and bring all of this to Jesus and just sit and talk to Him in which is what prayer is all about. Pour your heart out to Jesus as you lay your burden down before Him. When you are done pouring it all out then be still long enough to hear His still small voice speak to you and to start a new work in you as Jesus brings the joy back to your heart.

We are here to help you and do not be afraid to ask questions in the Question forum. You are in my prayers :pray
Thank you and I really appreciate prayers.

I am still praying but I’m very resistant to it. Could God have hardened my heart?

I am still praying but I’m very resistant to it. Could God have hardened my heart?
If God had hardened your heart then you would not be seeking Him. This reminds me of 1 Corinthians 12:1-10 where we read about Paul's thorn in the flesh as Satan trying to buffet him, but look what God tells Paul, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness."

Right now you are weak in mind and in Spirit walking in the flesh as Satan is playing with your mind making you resistant to pray and bringing doubt and is stealing your joy and happiness. It's up to you to get firm and tell Satan he has to flee in the name of Jesus and that you are not going to take it anymore from Him that you are a child of the most high God, the God of all creation and that you are going to dedicate your life to Christ and pick up your cross and follow Him. You have to surrender all of yourself to God and start having fellowship with Him.

Just something like this, Enough is enough, I want my joy and my peace of mind back as this battle belongs to the Lord who has purchased my life by His very blood on that Calvary Hill who has now given me a new life in Christ no turning back, but pressing forward to the mark of my salvation through Christ that has said, I am more than a conquer through Christ Jesus who is my life and in Him will I only believe.

Don't be afraid to yell at Satan and stand firm in faith that is Christ Jesus. Sometimes it just feels good to yell at Satan when he becomes a thorn in your side as well I know he can be.

Go Andrewoder1999 walk with Jesus, go Andrewoder1999 be filled with the Holy Spirit, go Andrewoder1999 get your joy back, get your praise on get excited for Jesus :sohappy

Back