Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Standing on the Promises

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Sister

CF Ambassador
Standing on the Promises
Thoughts by Sister

Romans 12:1-2 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Thoughts

What stood out to me today in reading Romans 12:2, is after I am transformed by renewing my mind, I can test and approve God's will. This isn't just any every day person's imperfect will, but this says I am able to test and approve GOD'S good, pleasing, and PERFECT will. I think that is pretty assuring the Bible can be trusted. It is His will we are transformed by His Holy Word. God is good with keeping His promises. God has made so many promises, and they are conditional. Many you just have to know Jesus as Your Savior, like in Psalm 103: Bless the Lord, O my soul, And forget none of His benefits; Who pardons all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases; Who redeems your life from the pit, Who crowns you with lovingkindness and compassion; Who satisfies your years with good things, So that your youth is renewed like the eagle. Psalms 103:2‭-‬5 These are all benefits of a believer.

In Proverbs, many times gaining wisdom and discernment is what we see will determine a long life. I try to tell my daughter she will live longer if she listens to me too, but she is still learning. I am too, God. My goodness!!!! When will I listen to You!!!! Really, head to heart takes time, but that is where transformation takes place.

So my thought today is read and live God's promises, then test and approve them, because God is faithful. How do You test them? Know what the promises are in His Word and what God promises will happen if you do. Then pay careful attention to what happens. And always, always pray about everything.

Prayer: Father, thank You for the transformation process. I pray that You help me to be transformed by Your Word, to know Your promises, and see the fruits from living out Your Word. Thank You that You are faithful and good to us. In Jesus Precious Name, Amen.

Question: what are some promises God makes? What is the condition?

What stood out to me today in reading Romans 12:2, is after I am transformed by renewing my mind, I can test and approve God's will.

Yes, and the previous Chapter in Romans is all about the believing Gentiles being grafted into Christ, and thus into believing Israel. The renewing of the mind is therefore about transforming our thinking into embracing His holiness and His righteousness, so that like Israel we separate ourselves out from the world; not that we become Jewish, but that we prove to a Gentile world what the righteousness of Christ - which is the will of God - is all about.

This is why commands about righteousness follow your verses in Chapter 12.

To not be high-minded over others but understand that every member of Christ's body has its own spiritual gift (v.38); to be filled with the Spirit of Love, Joy, Hope, Patience, Mercifulness, Cheerfulness, etc (v.9-13); and never curse others but always bless them, even those who persecute, abuse and hate us, never returning evil for evil but overcoming evil with good (v.14-21).

These things specifically prove what His good and acceptable will is to an unbelieving world, but we have to renew our minds to always remember this is how we behave now as children of God. The old man has died and we have been born into the new man in Christ.

Concerning spiritual gifts, it says that walking in them reveals part of His perfect will for His own. I have mine, though I need to pray for an increase, or maybe just for Him to "stir up" the gift that has been given to me. Concerning the fruit of the Spirit, I think the vast majority of my day is spent in Joy especially, though each one has their own fruit they manifest more than maybe others. And concerning overcoming evil with good, some might disagree but I think I am actually pretty good at it. I correct others, and that comes off to some like I am being overcome by evil, but the opposite is true. I stay in a Spirit of forgiveness towards others and always open to them and hopeful for them (Love always hopes), and most of the ones I correct end up coming around to being friends with me eventually.

Just my thoughts, but in studying your passage I am realizing exactly what some of the things are we need to be conforming ourselves to; not that I haven't walked in them, but that it's nice to understand the word a little better.

Thanks for the post. :)

These things specifically prove what His good and acceptable will is to an unbelieving world, but we have to renew our minds to always remember this is how we behave now as children of God. The old man has died and we have been born into the new man in Christ.

The ADHD of scriptures... (Distraction from one passage to many others. :biggrin) I may need to try again and maybe take longer then a 20 minute when kids nap time to meditate. I know this stuff. Needs tweaking in that my thoughts went on a tangent.

The ADHD of scriptures... (Distraction from one passage to many others. :biggrin) I may need to try again and maybe take longer then a 20 minute when kids nap time to meditate. I know this stuff. Needs tweaking in that my thoughts went on a tangent.

That is actually the secret to good writing. Many can write, but it takes a true craftsman to write well. It takes having very well-organized thought to begin with, and then putting words together in such a way that most clearly communicate what you're trying to say. That usually involves condensing, because with more words comes a diluted message, and with fewer (but sufficient) words the message is communicated with greater force and clarity.

Good writing is an art form.

You're pleasant to read. You always have been. Your sentences are well constructed and clear, and generally straight to the point. If you want my advice, just keep praying for the Holy Spirit to continue increasing your understanding of His word. You have the writing skills already, you just need more revelation to share with people that you will then have available to put into words. :)

Last edited:
I may need to try again and maybe take longer then a 20 minute when kids nap time to meditate. I know this stuff. Needs tweaking in that my thoughts went on a tangent.

Stick with it. :)

I've written a lot, and plan on doing a lot more down the road, and I could use some advice on my plans myself, Lol.

This hymn comes to mind.

Thank you @Sister for the devotional

Oopsie! Hey guys, I know this is abrupt, but I had a few dreams yesterday that I think mean I may need to be moving on for a little while. I'll check in around at Christmas time to wish everybody a Happy Holidays, but if I don't post again before then, keep up with the Bible Studies, and keep growing in the word!

God bless, and may every blessing be yours in Christ! :)
Hidden

Oopsie! Hey guys, I know this is abrupt, but I had a few dreams yesterday that I think mean I may need to be moving on for a little while. I'll check in around at Christmas time to wish everybody a Happy Holidays, but if I don't post again before then, keep up with the Bible Studies, and keep growing in the word!

Hidden

God bless you, Hidden. I pray that God continues to work in your life in great ways!

I haven't had any I've lost sleep over thankfully. Last night I dreamed I was just going back to a program I was in after being thrown around by a sumo wrestler I wouldn't listen too, and was fixing to eat some slimy worms in front of a drill sergeant I found when I woke up. LOL. A very shortened description. I have felt clearer minded since putting them away. It would be more beneficial I believe in putting my understanding of scripture into words and learning to keep focused. It has been taking time to get there. So grateful for what God is doing.

I'm going to be more careful before sharing next time I think, because I want it to match the actual meaning of the passage and not the path my mind takes with things. LOL. I got excited to share something and God put things on my heart that I need to make sure match the right places. But I got the fear out of the way of being off with it. I don't want to teach as much as I want to encourage. But I want understanding too. Make sure I'm not sharing things without gaining my own spiritual discernment also. I think this is good to practice, but please share your thoughts too.

Last night I dreamed I was just going back to a program I was in after being thrown around by a sumo wrestler I wouldn't listen too, and was fixing to eat some slimy worms in front of a drill sergeant I found when I woke up. LOL.

Ahahahah!! I truly hope neither of those monsters were ME. You deserve better, LoL!!

No wonder I'm leaving. I'm a sadistic drill sergeant now, LoL. :salute:salute:salute:salute:salute
I have felt clearer minded since putting them away. It would be more beneficial I believe in putting my understanding of scripture into words and learning to keep focused. It has been taking time to get there. So grateful for what God is doing.

Amen, and keep up the good work. :) I'm a Word guy first and foremost as well. When I can finally get to the video- making stage, everybody's gonna find out how much.
I'm going to be more careful before sharing next time I think, because I want it to match the actual meaning of the passage and not the path my mind takes with things.

Fully studying passages out in their immediate and surrounding context takes a great deal of work. It's why I've never been in favor of babes in Christ just jumping straight into ministry, running into the pulpit, and proclaiming to everyone, "Hear ye verily! Thus saith the Lord!" :rolleyes I'm usually thinking, "Oh great. Here comes something really deep," Lol. But the zeal of the Lord motivates all of us, I suppose. It's just that studying and accuracy are what separate the good teachers from the bad ones, not someone's personal charisma, zeal, or rhetorical skills and presentation.

Keep this in mind: Jesus said that whoever breaks one of the least of God's commandments and teaches men so shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven, yet whoever does and teaches them shall be called great. So it's not about how many people you effect, but rather how positively you effect them, and as a teacher that's through accuracy. Patience also helps once you start really becoming knowledgable, because most people aren't, so you have to be ready to go slow with some. So both accuracy and patience constitute the principle parts of what scripture calls being "apt to teach."

Anyway, keep going and you'll keep getting there. It's all part of growing in Christ, and growing as a servant of the Living God. :)
I think this is good to practice, but please share your thoughts too.

I'll be back. To some extent, I think maybe some of the stuff I could teach might go over your head a little, but that's only because I have been in the Word for about as long as you've been alive. I think the more you learn on your own and the more you pray for revelation from the Spirit of God Himself, the more stuff that I and others could teach you would hit home, and as a servant of God I am in no more rush about that then the Lord is. So have fun! And walk in Joy. That's what the Christian walk is supposed to be, no matter what stage of it we are at. For those who abide in the Spirit of the Lord, the whole journey should be enjoyable. :)

TTYS, and God bless you, Sister. It's wonderful having a friend like you.
- H

Ahahahah!! I truly hope neither of those monsters were ME. You deserve better, LoL!!

No wonder I'm leaving. I'm a sadistic drill sergeant now, LoL. :salute:salute:salute:salute:salute

Amen, and keep up the good work. :) I'm a Word guy first and foremost as well. When I can finally get to the video- making stage, everybody's gonna find out how much.

Fully studying passages out in their immediate and surrounding context takes a great deal of work. It's why I've never been in favor of babes in Christ just jumping straight into ministry, running into the pulpit, and proclaiming to everyone, "Hear ye verily! Thus saith the Lord!" :rolleyes I'm usually thinking, "Oh great. Here comes something really deep," Lol. But the zeal of the Lord motivates all of us, I suppose. It's just that studying and accuracy are what separate the good teachers from the bad ones, not someone's personal charisma, zeal, or rhetorical skills and presentation.

Keep this in mind: Jesus said that whoever breaks one of the least of God's commandments and teaches men so shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven, yet whoever does and teaches them shall be called great. So it's not about how many people you effect, but rather how positively you effect them, and as a teacher that's through accuracy. Patience also helps once you start really becoming knowledgable, because most people aren't, so you have to be ready to go slow with some. So both accuracy and patience constitute the principle parts of what scripture calls being "apt to teach."

Anyway, keep going and you'll keep getting there. It's all part of growing in Christ, and growing as a servant of the Living God. :)

I'll be back. To some extent, I think maybe some of the stuff I could teach might go over your head a little, but that's only because I have been in the Word for about as long as you've been alive. I think the more you learn on your own and the more you pray for revelation from the Spirit of God Himself, the more stuff that I and others could teach you would hit home, and as a servant of God I am in no more rush about that then the Lord is. So have fun! And walk in Joy. That's what the Christian walk is supposed to be, no matter what stage of it we are at. For those who abide in the Spirit of the Lord, the whole journey should be enjoyable. :)

TTYS, and God bless you, Sister. It's wonderful having a friend like you.
- H

See ya, Hidden. :)

God has given me plenty spiritual discernment I believe. I am not a babe in Christ. Maybe when it comes to the Charismatic side of Christianity, but God has been moving and working in my life since I was fifteen. I would say if it goes over my head, you should probably write it where people can understand.

Me too. :biggrin I agree accuracy is key and this was rushed/a bit sloppy. Good thoughts, just needs more work/even maybe two different topics. I'll try again.

The Lord's been telling me to write a book. A few people online have told me to write a book. A few months ago I went to church for the first time in 13 years, a new church.
A strange woman came up to me, the Spirit came on us powerfully, and guess what she says? "Write a book!" Do you think He's trying to tell me something? I started but I hate writing...it hurts my hand. I'm too scatter-brained!

The Lord's been telling me to write a book. A few people online have told me to write a book. A few months ago I went to church for the first time in 13 years, a new church.
A strange woman came up to me, the Spirit came on us powerfully, and guess what she says? "Write a book!" Do you think He's trying to tell me something? I started but I hate writing...it hurts my hand. I'm too scatter-brained!

I'd pray about it, Norman. That would be awesome!!!!

Hidden
Between dream and God's word which one drives you?

As for me, I have countless dreams and sometimes scary ones every day but i do tell myself "God determines my destiny not dreams" and I neutralize any negative omen with the blood of Jesus.

It's been quite long time ago that I do let dream determine my life and I see how such things deprived me of important positions in the society.

Since I have discovered that most times dreams are not accurate, I live my life based on God's word.

I read past emoji devotions and daily devotions from other anointed men of God daily to let the Holy Spirit take the Wheel.

Just saying...

I am not a babe in Christ. Maybe when it comes to the Charismatic side of Christianity, but God has been moving and working in my life since I was fifteen.

I know. I didn't mean you there or I wouldn't be encouraging you to write. Very little goes over your head mentally. I'm just talking about how some of the things God has shown me are contrary to established assumptions, and it can cause even the intelligent to sort of miss what's being said if they're not paying close attention. I know this because I used to teach Bible studies in our home, and I had intelligent people in our group who would smile at me and nod their heads like they fully understood what I was saying, and then two weeks later their actions and words revealed that they didn't hear a thing I said. I've also been friends with a couple different pastors who grossly underestimated how strong I am in the word. But I'll be posting stuff all over the place here eventually, including here, so we'll go over some things together when the time comes and you can tell me what you think. We also had a few students who were very sharp and spiritually perceptive, and my wife tells me that to this day (8 years later now), one of them still reminds her of things I taught, saying, "Remember when brother Chris taught us about this?" My wife will be like, "No..." LoL.

Anyway, should be fun down the road. I'll be happy to run some things by you, and then get your reaction. God bless. :)
Between dream and God's word which one drives you?

As for me, I have countless dreams and sometimes scary ones every day but i do tell myself "God determines my destiny not dreams" and I neutralize any negative omen with the blood of Jesus.

It's been quite long time ago that I do let dream determine my life and I see how such things deprived me of important positions in the society.

Since I have discovered that most times dreams are not accurate, I live my life based on God's word.

I read past emoji devotions and daily devotions from other anointed men of God daily to let the Holy Spirit take the Wheel.

Just saying...

Not to worry, SV. I will be back eventually. It's not as if I'm off for good. But something Sister shared in her post about a dream she had appears to confirm what the Lord was telling me in mine, so I think I'd better trust my judgment here and just skiddadle for now. I can indeed be rather dominant in my teaching and influence, and the last thing I want to do is cause anyone harm or make anyone fearful of anything by my presence. That's not the idea at all.

So time to roll again, but I'll be back around eventually and we can talk again then. God bless, and it's been wonderful getting to know you and the others here. And thanks for the concern on the dream stuff. I just lead a pretty complicated life is all.

Talk to you soon,
- H

Though I may never get justice in this world, perhaps it's wrong for me to even try, He is faithful to me.
"…9Hide not Your face from me, nor turn away Your servant in anger. You have been my helper; do not leave me or forsake me, O God of my salvation. 10Though my father and mother forsake me, the LORD will receive me. 11Teach me Your way, O LORD, and lead me on a level path, because of my oppressors.…" - Psalm 27:10
Live and learn, I guess.

Back