Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

starting a new med in the morning

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

evenifigoalone

Fare thee well, Felicia
2024 Supporter
Strattera - a non-stimulant medication approved to treat ADHD. I hear it has a few pretty big side effects. I generally don't get too many side effects, so hopefully I'll have a smooth start on this one.

I'm onnn 9 medications now, including this new one. Mostly for diabetes and related health conditions, as well as a few for mental stuff (anxiety, depression, ADHD, all that). Over time, I would absolutely like to reduce the number of these. But for the time being, they're better than doing nothing about my health diagnoses, I think.
Honestly, I'm very very skeptical of "natural medicine". There's a ton out there that's bunk, because there's nothing to regulate it (so far as I know). Not that I think the FDA is the end all be all, but at there's at least something of a system in place.

Strattera - a non-stimulant medication approved to treat ADHD. I hear it has a few pretty big side effects. I generally don't get too many side effects, so hopefully I'll have a smooth start on this one.

I'm onnn 9 medications now, including this new one. Mostly for diabetes and related health conditions, as well as a few for mental stuff (anxiety, depression, ADHD, all that). Over time, I would absolutely like to reduce the number of these. But for the time being, they're better than doing nothing about my health diagnoses, I think.
Honestly, I'm very very skeptical of "natural medicine". There's a ton out there that's bunk, because there's nothing to regulate it (so far as I know). Not that I think the FDA is the end all be all, but at there's at least something of a system in place.
Who pays for all that?

Don”t share too much information.

The MDs vs the NDs. Working together our doctors are more effective IMHO.

Some people have 7 out of nine side effects and choose the Naturopathic route.

Proverbs 17:22 kjv
22. A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

I realize you have made your choice. I suggest you at least keep track of drug interactions between your meds. Of course I live so far in the sticks a vet is the nearest doctor. Being a redneck I know everything and will listen to no one LOL. What I experience may not be unique to 1% of the population.

Do not tell it all, but do keep us posted.

As a side note:
I have seen natural products have five different effects on five different people (I set up a test once, and I was one of the testers). No one got the exact desired effect. The person who was to benefit sailed through without any seen effect. This was a benign natural product.

eddif

Well, I'm skeptical of mainline medicine as well. All we have to do is see the massive confusion regarding mask mandates, shots, and the like lately. Mainline medicine has become too political like everything else involving government, finance and even religion. But if you want to stay with mainline medicine, have you at least had your metabolic tests done and nutritional status evaluated? All your symptoms sound like a vitamin D deficiency and adequate supplies may make a difference between taking medications or being able to control your sugar by yourself.

The ancients believed in earth, water, air, and fire (energy). Actually they were describing states of matter plus energy as science would say today. But there's some wisdom in all that:

Earth: Have a proper diet. If blood sugar is an issue, keep the carbs low. Fats and proteins should be more in your diet and with those you will even lose weight if need be. Forget the negative publicity on saturated fats, cholesterol, salt which are not really bad for you, which means things like butter is fine, so is lean, red meats, cheese and the like. Less breads and sugary fruits and definitely away from the candies, cakes, pies vegetable oils and "substitute" man-made things like margarine and egg whites in a carton. I'm just touching on the things here as there are many things to consider.
Water: Just keep it simple. Water with minerals is better than purified water. Anything that's refined, such as table salt where they strip the minerals is bad as we need those minerals.
Air: Fresh country air is needed and don't listen to some neurotic, messed-up governess of any state that says you need a mask outdoors for COVID when fresh, country air is the best thing for the lungs and disease instead of re-breathing one's stale air that apparently goes to some people's heads and then they make mandates. Take deep breaths instead. Air is the most important thing we need constantly. You'll die within minutes without it. No wonder the Holy Spirit is compared to wind. Without the Lord, we die.
Fire: The sun. Best source of vitamin D is sunshine. Pick up the "healing rays of the sun". For vitamin D production with UVb, the solar altitude has to be 50 degrees or higher which means in middle latitudes in which most of the continental USA is in, the sun won't provide much vitamin D after September until late March. This is why colds and flu pick up in the winter. There were virtually no severe or critical cases of COVID with people who had blood vitamin D levels higher than 30ng/dl. That's the good news. The bad news is unless one supplements like crazy in the winter, most are deficient of vitamin D; something like 75% of the American population. And that same deficiency is to blame for heart disease, diabetes, emotional upsets and depression, cancers and the like. To make vitamin D, the body uses an important pre-vitamin D called cholesterol and then the action of the sun's UV light.

Hope this helps and I'm off now to make a steak and egg breakfast.

Hope this helps and I'm off now to make a steak and egg breakfast.
That sounds good!
However, I’ve found that Turkey and Chicken are easier on my system than steak. And I love steak!
Reducing my red meat consumption helps reduce my heartburn. It’s a trade off.

I’ve had to change my diet just a tad…

evenifigoalone
Good luck on your new med and as others have stated, keep track of all the side effects.
I would also echo the thoughts of others in regard to alternative lifestyle changes. I would encourage you to integrate a healthier diet specific to the issues your facing. It’s not always easy, but my personal experience tells me the trade off is worth reducing or removing the drugs that cause so many side effects.
And you have to watch what the dr prescribe you. Some of them may be to counter the side effects of another drug your taking.

That sounds good!
However, I’ve found that Turkey and Chicken are easier on my system than steak. And I love steak!

Actually I did change to Turkey and eggs. I did not feel like making steak after all. I will have some later. LOL

That sounds good!

Do I believe all I hear or read? No.
About 4? Years ago suddenly beef seemed to have become my enemy. I work outside a good bit and have tick, chigger, flea, wasp bites as part of life.
In looking for the reason, I found the Lone Star Tick can cause problems with beef as a food (and other meats for some). The problem can also diminish till the next tick bite.

I was better till the next three tick bites. I am about as alergic to pesticides as the pests. Oh well ( by his stripes we were healed).

eddif

About 4? Years ago suddenly beef seemed to have become my enemy. I work outside a good bit and have tick, chigger, flea, wasp bites as part of life.
In looking for the reason, I found the Lone Star Tick can cause problems with beef as a food (and other meats for some). The problem can also diminish till the next tick bite.

I was better till the next three tick bites. I am about as alergic to pesticides as the pests. Oh well ( by his stripes we were healed).

eddif
Yeah I heard of this tick bite. Sometimes I think the devil himself is in these things just to make God's word into a lie. However, I heard that the effects are not as bad with fish or poultry, and due to meat prices seems to be what most are eating anyway. That tick bite causes a weird immune response in some people, so make sure your immune system is finely tuned and you may get over it sooner.

eddif
That’s amazing and very perceptive. Most things are connected to something else and we’re so vastly different in certain biological makeup that it’s interesting when those puzzle pieces start to come together.

In my early 30’s I discovered I couldn’t drink milk on a daily basis and I had to cut certain cheeses out of my diet. I LOVE half and half and a good cheddar. Cutting both of those out of my diet was very hard. But as soon as I did, my system went back to normal. I can eat cheese again, but I’ve never went back to milk.

evenifigoalone
Good luck on your new med and as others have stated, keep track of all the side effects.
I would also echo the thoughts of others in regard to alternative lifestyle changes. I would encourage you to integrate a healthier diet specific to the issues your facing. It’s not always easy, but my personal experience tells me the trade off is worth reducing or removing the drugs that cause so many side effects.
And you have to watch what the dr prescribe you. Some of them may be to counter the side effects of another drug your taking.
Yanno, I am trying, but it's incredibly hard. I do want to eventually come off of or reduce my diabetes + other physical ailment meds.

So far as ADHD is concerned, I really did want to try meds for that and see if they help. ADHD is a deficiency of dopamine and another chemical in the brain, so taking stuff that helps to up those chemicals (such as a stimulant) is incredibly effective in managing ADHD. That said, neither my MH dr nor my GP will prescribe controlled substances just for ADHD. So I'm taking a non-stimulant.

Second day. No side effects still. I don't often get side effects from meds.
I got temporary akathisia (a continual feeling of restlessness and inability to sit still) from one of my past meds, but it went away after 2 weeks

Second day. No side effects still. I don't often get side effects from meds.
I got temporary akathisia (a continual feeling of restlessness and inability to sit still) from one of my past meds, but it went away after 2 weeks
Do you have strange dreams?

Back