Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Story Riddles!!!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
H

Heidi Mighty Mo

In case you don't know how to do this, I will explain. I will give you a story and you need to ask only yes or no questions to solve the riddle. Some of my story riddles are quite long but I will start with a simple one to get you going:

The rope broke, the bell rang, the man died.

Now you need to find out how and why by asking the yes or no questions. NO open ended questions allowed and if you know this, don't blow it for the others.

I'm not sure yet.

Uh....

Was the rope made of clothes?

Was the man climbing the rope?

Was the rope attached to the bell?

I'm all confuzzeled now??!?!!!

Um........

Was the bell large?

Was the man a criminal?

Did someone braek the rope?

Did the man die of natural causes?

No

no

no

um - no

Here is a hint, you need to learn more about the man. Most story riddles will have one or two of the following be relevant of a character in it:

1. Occupation
2. physical appearance/disabilities
3. their past

Ok, thanks for the tip.

Allright,....

Did the man have an occupation?

Did he have a disabilitie?

Did he have a good childhood?

Either this is a really hard riddle, or I'm a dumby.

I'll go ahead and guess the answer:

How he died: The man was being suspended in air, tied up with a rope.
He was a hostage. His takers were going to drop and kill him. One kidnapper rings a bell, signaling to the other guy to cut the rope. He did.
The man started falling, and he could have grabbed on to somethibng, but because of a disabilitie, he couldbn't. He hit the ground hard, dying there.

Is that close? (or right?)

No, but that was a really good try. You are not dumb, riddle like these use a lot of deductive reasoning so you still need to establish more facts. Like what his disability is exactly, where he is at, where the rope and bell are, etc...

Once you figure out all the facts, then you will be able to put the pieces together.

yes

No

YES!

Figure out his disability and location and you will prolly get it.

a man jumped out of an airplane, pulled the rope to his shute, the rope broke so it didn't open, he fell onto a church bell where he died..........

am I close?

um...no...his disability plays a big part, as does the rope and the bell.

yes

NO!

yes

(If I don't get back right away after your next post, it is because I am in TKD, will check after class)

No

YES!

No - you silly nut you! :biggrin

Don't forget the bell and rope

did he fall onto the bell?

did he fall into the bell?

did the bell fall on him?

(I had to say the surgery part.....laughter is good for the soul.....and the abs, and my cheeks :lol: )

Back