Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Struggling with faith and hearing God?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Have you ever struggled with something you knew or believed God told/showed you. At the time you knew and believed without a shadow of doubt. God even used other people to speak to you about it and confirm it but with the way things played out and circumstances it made you doubt or question what you believed God showed/told you?

Has anyone ever experienced this and if so how did you handle or get past it.

First, I think one has to ask themselves if the message lines up with the Word of God to determine if it is truly from God.

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God.
1 John 4 NKJV

My experience wasn't anything earth shattering but I believe it was the Holy Spirit that was pushing me. One day a few years ago, I was going to our local Walmart and as I drove into the parking lot I noticed a fellow sitting along the curb. He had a sign asking for money to buy food. Around here this is an extremely rare sight. We just don't encounter people begging in our small town of about 10,000. My first inclination was to just ignore him and I proceeded to park my vehicle and pick up whatever it was that I needed. On my way out I drove by the fellow again and just ignored him but as I did I suddenly felt this urge to do something no matter how small and the farther away I drove the stronger this urge became until finally I felt I needed to turn around and go back to that parking lot. I had a small pocket sized New Testament from the Gideons in my truck glove box and a $20.00 bill in my wallet so I slipped the money inside and handed it to the guy. He thanked me saying "God bless you!" I told him that the thanks go to God and left. I did not know him and never saw him again so I do not know what seed I may or may not have planted but I sure felt a load lift off my shoulders when it was done.

way things played out and circumstances it made you doubt or question what you believed God showed/told you?
Hi Yungstagurl07 and welcome to CF :wave2

I'd like to address this part of what you said.

If God told you and showed you something then it is what He wants you to pay attention to. Since we do not know what it is He showed you or what He has said to you do not doubt it or let any circumstances stand in your way. You say others have confirmed whatever this is to you, but yet you doubt. Then my advice would be to go to the Lord and have Him confirm this to you and pray for His guidance waiting on His perfect timing.

God bless.

God even used other people to speak to you about it and confirm it but with the way things played out and circumstances it made you doubt or question what you believed God showed/told you?

I think you need to re examine what you were told to do and why you did not do it.

Then as ' for his glory' has said go back to God and confess your disobedience.

Have you ever struggled with something you knew or believed God told/showed you. At the time you knew and believed without a shadow of doubt. God even used other people to speak to you about it and confirm it but with the way things played out and circumstances it made you doubt or question what you believed God showed/told you?

Has anyone ever experienced this and if so how did you handle or get past it.
:) what is it you want to know? In my case there can't be doubt and I have never shared it openly. Has times past so were looking back and we since then get so many thoughts.. went left not right.. a test we failed? Did we miss Him? More thoughts.. how could He not have already seen this. Why didn't He warn me.. tell me more? Since then have we had more encounters with Him.. unbelievable encounters yet seems He's so silent about this one?

Is what He called you to.. is it really based on just you? Does God ever start something He wont finish? Heres a good one.. does it have to be done in this life time? Did we forget who were talking about? What is to hard for God.. your Father..who is always every moment thinking about you. There does come tests so to speak when God is going to do something new.. the enemy comes right away.. we miss that.. yet God didn't stop..we do. God "well they say there 3rd times a charm".. God "maybe they are wrong and 4th times a charm". Being silly but.. its a truth.. the enemy comes to kill steal and destroy. THINK about all the thoughts and feelings.. as one said does it go in line with the word? Fear is not of God...worry doubt.. so FLIP THOSE! The enemy can not speak truth.

So get up.. dust off (repent).. and stand.. no matter what you see hear feel..stand on that word. God will always finish what He starts..so give Him all this. doubt worry fear.. what ever it is.. and KNOW HE will keep His word.

So... YES to your question.

Back