Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] Study: Only 37% of American Pastors Have a Biblical Worldview

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Note that Ken Ham's language of "the authority of God's Word" and "a biblical worldview" should be taken with several grains of salt. Of course the term "worldview" never appears in the Bible.

For example, "43% [have a biblical worldview] when it comes to matters of sin, salvation, and one's relationship with God." What constitutes a biblical worldview here? Calvinism? How broad is it really? Is semi-Pelagianism considered be excluded from a "biblical worldview"? How rigid of an interpretation was used in this survey?

Definitely be skeptical.
1 . Definition of a Biblical Worldview ? I have not seen a consensus on this so far . :shrug
Good question. Apparently "54 worldview-related questions" were asked.
2. Why would a Biblical Worldview be a bad thing ? It does sound like a good thing :chin:neutral:study
Which is why Ken Ham is so distressed over this study. He wants it to be 100%.

1 . Definition of a Biblical Worldview ? I have not seen a consensus on this so far . :shrug
Not likely to find consensus but a good place to start would be acceptance of the Nicene Creed.

It would be nice to see the 54 questions . I have looked for them .

Arizona Christian University survey results
Looks like you have to pay for it, but based on the reviews, it not only looks like it doesn't reveal much, it could be fairly problematic in its methodology:

https://www.amazon.com/American-Wor...x=american+worldview+inventory,aps,101&sr=8-1

Pretty much the definition of a Christian.

Barna, BTW, is a pretty astute pollster. He has an ideological POV, but he's no charlatan.
Yes, that I know, which is why it is concerning he may have used poor methodology in this instance. If it was free, I would take a look.

That is, only 37% of pastors have a Ken Ham worldview. Which is reassuring.

See above. Only 37% of them have a Bible-despising, anti-Biblical worldview.
Oh? Is Ken Ham now also one of those Bible-despising Darwinists who demonstrate their hatred against God's Word by shamelessly contradicting it in their denial that God, in six days, created the heaven and the earth, and all the animals after their kinds, and man?

i know my church has recited both the apostles creed and the nicean i cant recall but both are in the wcf. the hymnalls have them.

That is, only 37% of pastors have a Ken Ham worldview. Which is reassuring.

See above. Only 37% of them have a Bible-despising, anti-Biblical worldview.

Oh? Is Ken Ham now also one of those Bible-despising Darwinists
Bible-despising creationist, who demonstrates his hatred against God's word by adding to it and subtracting from it to fit his own wishes. Ham claims to believe that God created living things according to their kind, but he doesn't approve of the way God says He did it.

Back