Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

stuff about prophecy

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Classik

What is prophecy or who is a prophet? One who declares what God has said or who reports what God has said; and/or one who declares something and God acts on it and make it come to pass?

Remember prophet Elisha who cursed those boys and they were devoured by wild animals

Your views!

Prediction is quite different...kinda guessing stuff

I guess. True prophecy seems to be in the moment. Instead of saying within the next 100 years there will be a earthquake somewhere in the world, its more like a true prophet is in the moment, like Christ, who can just say get up, pick up your mat, and walk.

Last edited:
He didin't command Jesus, he said, Arm, in Jesus name I command you to grow. He commanded the arm.

He was within his authority to do that. Jesus gave us a lot of authority...

What is prophecy or who is a prophet? One who declares what God has said or who reports what God has said; and/or one who declares something and God acts on it and make it come to pass?

Remember prophet Elisha who cursed those boys and they were devoured by wild animals

Your views!

All of humanity recieves a touch from God in the womb. All they are comes from that special touch from God, gifts, talents, personally, so on.
Ministry office's are used for the building up and edification of the church.
The perfecting of the saints (maturing) for the work of the ministry.
Basically for babes growth,
Eph. 4:13
13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Believers mature in knowing Christ do not need someone telling them the future. Point being why would anyone who's knows and understands the mystery of Christ in them need an individual to instruct them. They have Christ in them and grown in Christ.
We do have father's of the faith today, mature, I have met a few.

He didin't command Jesus, he said, Arm, in Jesus name I command you to grow. He commanded the arm.

Serious question here - do you believe that the arm actually grew in that video?

In Jesus name true faith would just say its done. If he was a true prophet he would just say your arm is healed. No need for a video camera in full view of people trying to show a miracle in Gods name. Sorry but i dont believe God works like that.

Last edited:
Serious question here - do you believe that the arm actually grew in that video?

Not really. I'm pretty skeptical of that stuff. Not that God couldn't do it because He can, but these type videos are so easy to fake.

But God is doing big miracles worldwide today, I believe that. I think it's going to increase too.

Not really. I'm pretty skeptical of that stuff. Not that God couldn't do it because He can, but these type videos are so easy to fake.

But God is doing big miracles worldwide today, I believe that. I think it's going to increase too.

Ok. I was just curious. I would say I am a 'reasoning' man. I fully believe in miracles, but most of the ones I see on TV or internet just do not have any resemblance to the ones I read about in Scripture.

The word "Prophecy is plural to begin with.

It can be "forth telling" of the absolute truth that seems to be hidden.

It can be foretelling of events in the future but always surrounds bad news and not good.

Both forth telling and fore telling surround repentance of current or imminent future actions and attitudes.
The prophecy is always told in lyrical or poetic fashion.

A "sign" can be granted and asked from any prophet giving such...And it will be granted.

Any prophet must be 100% accurate or be stoned to death.

It's always a bad day when the prophet comes to visit you. Consequently they never are liked.

Ok. I was just curious. I would say I am a 'reasoning' man. I fully believe in miracles, but most of the ones I see on TV or internet just do not have any resemblance to the ones I read about in Scripture.

Sometimes, not all the time, well, less as time goes on in fact, the Holy Spirit will ping my spirit when I'm watching a video to tell me if it's true or not. I think most people would fake a video just to try to monetize it but I have watched some healing vids on youtube which were very true.

I see you are talking about me. Those weren't boys. They were a mob of young men threatening to kill me. Two bears came to chase them away, but the mob attacked the bears and a bunch of them were mauled, but none of them were devoured.

Your views!
The prophets of the OT did both, the forth telling of God's word (which at the time was the law), and the foretelling of future events.
Any mouth piece that God is using, whether it be in the bringing forth the word of God in a corrective insightful way, or foretelling future things that will happen, is operating in a prophetic ministry. Prophets seem to be known more for the former than the latter at this time in church history.

Back