Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

jerry63935

Live Updates: Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade in Landmark Decision​

The decision eliminating the constitutional right to an abortion after almost 50 years was met with celebration and anger across the country. It could lead to all but total bans on the procedure in about half of the states.

Live Updates: Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade in Landmark Decision​

The decision eliminating the constitutional right to an abortion after almost 50 years was met with celebration and anger across the country. It could lead to all but total bans on the procedure in about half of the states.
I never thought I'd see this day in my lifetime.

Thanks be to God.

Oh, apparently I can't edit posts here. Ok. But was going to add, that banning abortion alone doesn't address the root cause. And even before this, the number of abortions per year was going down and had gotten pretty low if I recall.

is to many use it as birth control. see if person does not want a pregnancy' there are ways of fixing that. contraceptives' or surgery or not have sex. the baby has a right to life
As does the mother! Pregnancies can be caused by such evils as rape and incest, and the woman (or girl) must pay the price, not the man (or boy). Also, there are pregnancy complications that can cause a) the death of the woman (or girl) or there are fetal anomalies that can cause the death of the fetus in utero or very shortly after birth (in agony).

The choice should clearly be left to the woman (or girl), her physician, and her family. It is absurd for the federal government to make that de facto decision for her.

I am wondering what this is going to do to stem cell research. Considering people could donate the child for medical research.

As does the mother! Pregnancies can be caused by such evils as rape and incest, and the woman (or girl) must pay the price, not the man (or boy). Also, there are pregnancy complications that can cause a) the death of the woman (or girl) or there are fetal anomalies that can cause the death of the fetus in utero or very shortly after birth (in agony).

The choice should clearly be left to the woman (or girl), her physician, and her family. It is absurd for the federal government to make that de facto decision for her.
then let these things be left THE OBGYN DOCTOR not some fly by night doc at a killing clinic station. sorry it s not absurd there are very few cases of mothers life at risk over a child .. rape and incest im sure something could be done . but abortion is murder

stem cell research
stem cells can be retracted from the placenta after birth and if there is a still birth iam sure something could be done. abortion clinics was nothing more than a butcher shop where the kill the baby by puncturing the skull then di sect the baby in sections

Oh, apparently I can't edit posts here. Ok. But was going to add, that banning abortion alone doesn't address the root cause. And even before this, the number of abortions per year was going down and had gotten pretty low if I recall.
I agree the number of abortions per year has declined over the years but pretty low? I don't think so. The highest recorded number since 1980 (CDC records) was recorded in 1990 at 1,429,247. Since about 2015 the number of abortions per year has remained somewhat steady between 612,719 and 638,169. In 2021 there were 629,898 abortions.

In 2020 there were about 385,000 deaths due to Covid-19 and in 2020 there were about 386,000 deaths due to Covid-19 and our world was turned upside down. There were more than double that many abortions and it isn't even news.

then let these things be left THE OBGYN DOCTOR not some fly by night doc at a killing clinic station. sorry it s not absurd there are very few cases of mothers life at risk over a child .. rape and incest im sure something could be done . but abortion is murder
You're wandering all over the place! Right: the decision should be left to the OB/Gyn doctor (or midwife). People will be forced to go to "some fly by night doc at a killing clinic station" because abortions are now against the law, thanks to the Supreme Court decision. You are totally wrong when you say that there are very few cases of mother's life being at risk because of pregnancy; it is fairly common. "Abortion is murder" is just a slogan, and it's totally wrong.

stem cells can be retracted from the placenta after birth and if there is a still birth iam sure something could be done. abortion clinics was nothing more than a butcher shop where the kill the baby by puncturing the skull then di sect the baby in sections
If you knew the facts of a medical abortion you wouldn't write such nonsense.

You're wandering all over the place! Right: the decision should be left to the OB/Gyn doctor (or midwife). People will be forced to go to "some fly by night doc at a killing clinic station" because abortions are now against the law, thanks to the Supreme Court decision. You are totally wrong when you say that there are very few cases of mother's life being at risk because of pregnancy; it is fairly common. "Abortion is murder" is just a slogan, and it's totally wrong.
i am sorry you feel that way but abortion is murder

Correction. 2020 covid deaths was 385,000. 2021 covid deaths was 386,000.

In your opinion only. An abortion is a medical procedure that is a) private and b) should be left up to the woman, her OB/GYN, and her family. It is not murder! If it was, every woman and her doctor would be convicted of the crime and jailed or executed, regardless of the circumstances.

The funny thing about using the incest or rape argument is that it basically says that abortion (murder of an unborn child) is okay because less than .5% of abortions are due to incest and less than 1% of abortions are due to rape.

Using this basis then, wanton murder of people should be okay when less than 3% of all homicides are done in self-defense.

Reactions: JLB
If you read the Bible you would understand what murder is, because clearly you don't.
yes murder is taking the life if some one living when a person goes into the womb of a mother and punctures the skull of the baby in the womb. that kills it they then di sect the baby in pieces. its no different than the school shootings

The funny thing about using the incest or rape argument is that it basically says that abortion (murder of an unborn child) is okay because less than .5% of abortions are due to incest and less than 1% of abortions are due to rape.

Using this basis then, wanton murder of people should be okay when less than 3% of all homicides are done in self-defense.
i fail to see how any Christian could support abortion . i found a web page that will give you information on how to abort the baby on your own .. i simply dont get it

Reactions: JLB
Back