Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Dream Thread-- Post your dreams here

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Mister E

Not knowing where to plant a 'dreams thread' in the forum listings- I chose this section despite the oddity of doing so. The truth is that dreams are about as pure and orthodox as anything found in scripture and there's hardly a familiar story from the Bible that doesn't include some element of a dream, vision, angelic encounter, or direct communication with God apart from that which comes via dreaming. In Numbers God speaks to Moses, Aaron and Miriam--

“Hear now My words:
If there is a prophet among you,
I, the LORD, shall make Myself known to him in a vision.
I shall speak with him in a dream.

In the book of Job we read:

He speaks in dreams, in visions of the night,
when deep sleep falls on people
as they lie in their beds.
He whispers in their ears
and terrifies them with warnings.
He makes them turn from doing wrong;
he keeps them from pride.
He protects them from the grave,
from crossing over the river of death.

And famously in the book of Joel- concerning the last days>>>

And afterward,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your old men will dream dreams,
your young men will see visions.

Got dreams?

Post them here. Unorthodox or not.

I'll kick it off-

Last night I was working on the construction of a new home. It was a massive undertaking and as I was doing a walk-through I was amazed at how many things were happening in concert- the air-handling units were being placed into the ceiling spaces, plumbing and electrical all underway as well. Then suddenly I was wearing a suit. The house was complete and I was walking in the front door for what seemed to be an Open House, or perhaps the Grand Opening because there was a multitude of people touring the home. The Great Room was expansive and walled with windows allowing light to stream in.

I recognized a number of people I knew well--- common folks who were not part of the touring crowd, but friends of mine who were seated in a family room. When I saw them I sprinted toward them and slid into the little group like a baseball player stealing second base (suit and all). This caused a lot of excitement and laughter and it felt so good to be among friends and family again.

I have posted this already but here it is again for this thread .
One night I had a dream , here it is . I dreamed my wife and I were sitting in our front yard about ten feet from where our car was parked . We saw a skunk walk between us and the car and I was thinking " Oh no it is going to spray !" but in my dream the skunk did not spray and walked off , end of dream .

Later in the day a thought came to me and I asked my wife did she smell a skunk last night as we slept . She said " Yes it was terrible in the house and she just happened to be awake when the smell started !"

I never smelled one whiff of the skunk but I did see it in my dreams 😂 .

I have posted this already but here it is again for this thread .

In dreams- in spirit, ideas or more properly- concepts are communicated in ways that our minds can process. Associations are made between things that are unworldly (spiritual) and things that are familiar to us so that we can at least attempt to make some sense of them, if we try. You might say that in dream you picked up something from your environment and tried to make scents of it. :nod

Back