Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Eternal Kingdom/Reign of Jesus Christ

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

SolaScriptura

2024 Supporter
1 Corinthians 15:24-28

“Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father after destroying every rule and every authority and power. For He must reign until He has put all his enemies under his feet. The last enemy to be destroyed is death. For He has put all things in subjection under his feet. But when it says, all things are put in subjection, it is plain that he is excepted who put all things in subjection under Him. When all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subjected to Him who put all things in subjection under Him, that God may be all in all”

This passage has been misused by some, who teach that in the End Times, after the Second Coming of Jesus Christ, and the end of this present world, that Jesus Christ would Himself remain “subject” to God the Father. Further, it is assumed, that because of this, that God the Father is “superior” to Jesus Christ in the Godhead. Both are 100% WRONG!

To understand what the Bible Teaches on any subject, we must look at what the Bible says overall, rather than taking a single verse or passage, and trying to build a “doctrine” on it.

It is very clear from the passage in 1 Corinthians, that Paul is speaking of the Mediatorial Kingdom of Jesus Christ, of which Jesus Himself says, “no one will say, ‘Look here!’ or ‘There!’ For you see, the Kingdom of God is among you.” (Luke 17:21). Note the use of “ἐστιν” (is), which is the present, continuous tense. Jesus Christ Himself being The King of His Kingdom, while He was on earth. It is this Kingdom, which Paul refers to in this passage, and not the Eternal Kingdom, which is clearly shown in Scripture.

“And Your house and your kingdom shall be made sure forever before Me. Your Throne shall be established forever” – 2 Samuel 7:16

“And to Him was given Dominion and Glory and a Kingdom, that all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him; His Dominion is an everlasting Dominion, which shall not pass away, and His Kingdom one that shall not be destroyed” – Daniel 7:14

“And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall call His Name Jesus. He will be Great and will be called the Son of the Most High. And the Lord God will give to Him the throne of His father David, and He will Reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His Kingdom there will be no end.” – Luke 1:31-33

These passages, as others show, that the Reign of Jesus Christ, in His Kingdom, will be an eternal one, without any end.

There are also Scriptures that very clearly Teach, the coequal Reign of Jesus Christ with God the Father.

In the Book of Revelation, we read of the Eternal Reign of God the Father, and Jesus Christ:

“Then the seventh angel blew his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, saying, “The kingdom of the world has become the Kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall Reign forever and ever.” (11:15)

The distinction of Persons can be seen from “τοῦ κυρίου ἡμῶν καὶ τοῦ χριστοῦ αὐτοῦ” (our Lord and of His Christ). However, we then go on to read, “βασιλεύσει εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων”, “He shall Reign for ever and ever”. Here we don’t have “ἐβασίλευσαν”, as in the plural, “They shall Reign”; but rather, the singular is used, “βασιλεύσει”, “He shall Reign”. Not that this means that God the Father and Jesus Christ are one and the same Person, as it already shows that they are not. The use of the singular is very important, as it shows the absolute singleness and unity of the Joint-Reign of both the Father and Jesus Christ, as coequal.

In chapter 20, we have very similar language used:

“Blessed and holy is the one who shares in the first resurrection! Over such the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and they will reign with Him for a thousand years” (verse 6)

Here also we see the distinction of the Persons, “τοῦ θεοῦ καὶ τοῦ χριστοῦ” (of God and of Christ). This verse tells us about the reign of all saved believers in Jesus Christ, who will reign with Him. Here we have the plural “βασιλεύσουσιν” (they shall reign), for the believers. Then we have the singular “αὐτοῦ” (Him), but we have Two Persons, “God [the Father]” and Jesus Christ. Again, the use of the singular is the same as in 11:15.

This is clearer in chapter 22, verses 1 and 3:

“Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, bright as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb. No longer will there be anything accursed, but the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and His servants will worship Him”

“τοῦ θρόνου τοῦ θεοῦ καὶ τοῦ ἀρνίου”, which is “the Throne of God and the Lamb”, which is Jesus Christ. Two distinct Persons, yet one Throne, the singular “θρόνου”, and not the plural “θρόνων”. Clearly because of the COEQUAL Joint-Reign of BOTH the Father and Jesus Christ. In verse 3 again we have the singular “θρόνου”, for Two Persons. We then read that “His (αὐτοῦ, singular) will worship Him (αὐτῷ)”. It can only refer to the SERVING and WORSHIP of Jesus Christ, or, to God the Father and Jesus Christ, JOINTLY, which is what all of these passages clearly teach. In chapter 5, verses 13-14, we have ALL “the Blessing and the Honor and the Glory and the Might”, equally given to BOTH the Father and Jesus Christ. And they are BOTH WORSHIPPED together.

All these passages, and many others in the Bible, are very clear, that in the Eternal Godhead, The Father and The Son and The Holy Spirit, are 100% COEQUAL, COETERNAL, AND COESSENTIAL. As there is One God, in Three Persons, Who are equally YHWH.

There is no Scripture that Teaches, that in the Godhead, that any of the Persons, is “superior”, or “inferior” to the others. This is an impossibility.

While on earth, during His Incarnate state, Jesus Christ did, of His own free will, choose to become “for a while lower than the angels” (Hebrews 2:7, 9). And give up His equality with the Father, which He had from all eternity, as is clear in John 17:5, “And now, Father, Glorify Me in your own presence with the Glory that I had together with You before the world existed”. And, as we can see from Philippians 2:5-11, Jesus “gave up” His Godhead right of being “equal” with the Father, while on earth. Interesting that Paul writes, “ἴσα θεῷ (equal to God)”, which is the neuter plural, used adverbially, which refers to the “Power, Authority, Glory”, which Jesus “He stripped Himself of His glory” (Weymouth NT, ἑαυτὸν ἐκένωσεν, verse 7), while on earth, and “submitted” Himself to the Father. Which is why Jesus could say, “the Father is greater than I” (John 14:28); but, also, “that all may Honor the Son, exactly as they Honor the Father. Whoever does not Honor the Son does not Honor the Father who sent Him” (John 5:23, as in the Greek). Because Jesus Christ is the God-Man, 100% Almighty God, and 100% fully human, apart from any sin in His “human nature” (Luke 1:35; Romans 8:3; Hebrews 7:26). Jesus Christ could never cease to be Almighty God, even when in the womb of Mary, and lived on earth. This is what the Apostle Paul means, when he writes, “And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh” ( 1 Timothy 3:16)

While some believe that the Kingdom of God and Kingdom of Heaven are referring to different things, it is clear that both phrases are referring to the same thing. The phrase “kingdom of God” occurs 68 times in 10 different New Testament books, while “kingdom of heaven” occurs only 32 times, and only in the Gospel of Matthew. In response to this, some interpreters have come to the conclusion, with the understanding of the Jewish nature of the Gospel of Matthew, that Matthew was writing concerning the millennial kingdom while the other New Testament authors were referring to the universal kingdom. However, a study of the use of the phrase reveals that this interpretation is in error.

For example, in the story of the rich young ruler in Matthew 19:16-24, Christ uses “kingdom of heaven” to speak of the spiritual kingdom. “Then Jesus said to his disciples, ‘I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven’” (v. 23). In the very next verse, Christ proclaims, “Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.” So, in answer to the rich young ruler’s question concerning eternal life (v. 16), Christ uses the phrases “kingdom of God” and “kingdom of heaven” interchangeably.

Mark and Luke used “kingdom of God” where Matthew used “kingdom of heaven” quite frequently. In the same parable, the authors used different words, indicating that the two are referring to the same thing. Compare Matthew 11:11-12 with Luke 7:28; Matthew 13:11 with Mark 4:11 and Luke 8:10; Matthew 13:24 with Mark 4:26; Matthew 13:31 with Mark 4:30 and Luke 13:18; Matthew 13:33 with Luke 13:20; Matthew 18:3 with Mark 10:14 and Luke 18:16; and Matthew 22:2 with Luke 13:29. In each of these instances, Matthew used the phrase “kingdom of heaven” while Mark and/or Luke used “kingdom of God.” Clearly, the two phrases are interchangeable because they refer to the same thing, Kingdom of God described

1Ch 29:11 Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty: for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all. 12 Both riches and honor come of thee, and thou reignest over all; and in thine hand is power and might; and in thine hand it is to make great, and to give strength unto all.

Psa 22:27 All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee.
Psa 22:28 For the kingdom is the LORD's: and he is the governor among the nations.

Dan 4:3 How great are his signs! and how mighty are his wonders! his kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and his dominion is from generation to generation.

Mat 4:23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people

Mat 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: (note foundation of the world)

Luke 12:31 But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Luke 12:32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

Joh 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Mar 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Mat 3:2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. (note Jesus is the kingdom of God on earth)
Mat 3:3 For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Isaiah, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

Eph 5:5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

Mat 13:43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Mat 26:29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom. (note this one)

Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Special feature of:

Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Mat 13:19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

Mar 4:11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

Entrance into:

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God

Luk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
Luk 22:30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel. (?)

1Th 2:12 That ye would walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory.

Members of:

Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Act 14:22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

Act 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

Mat 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Col 4:11 And Jesus, which is called Justus, who are of the circumcision. These only are my fellow workers unto the kingdom of God, which have been a comfort unto me.

Nature of:

Rom 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
Rom 14:18 For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men.

2Peter 1:11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. ( growth in Christ)

John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

To SolaScriptura

Concerning (1 Cor. 15:28), that all three Persons of the Godhead are equally God is not the issue. The Son being subject to the Father doesn't take away the Deity of the Son.

Quantrill

Jesus Christ is not subject to the Father as God, as the God-Man, and while on earth, Jesus was, but only for this time. If Jesus is Himself Almighty God, YHWH, which is what the Bible says, then He cannot be any "less" than the Father or Holy Spirit, Who are also YHWH.

To SolaScriptura

Concerning (1 Cor. 15:28), that all three Persons of the Godhead are equally God is not the issue. The Son being subject to the Father doesn't take away the Deity of the Son.

Quantrill
I agree with this especially when we read John 1:1-16 and all the other ones where Jesus claimed to be Alpha and Omega as I and the Father are one.

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
John 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

IMO, the simplest way to explain the Deity (Trinity) is found in these two scriptures, but yet no one can fully understand the Trinity as that would mean one could fully understand all the complexities of heavens, what can you do? God.

Can you fathom the depths of God or discover the limits of the Almighty? They are higher than the heavens, what can you do? Job 11:7, 8; Isaiah 55:9.

Isa 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
Isa 55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

God is the word from the beginning being one God who exist in three persons. Trinity means three in one Spirit, God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
John 14:25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

God is Spirit, Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.

God is the word (Spirit of God),

The word became flesh (Jesus) and dwelt among us,

When the word (Jesus) ascended back up to heaven, once again God sent His Spirit, (Holy Spirit) to indwell us and teach us all things and bring those things back to our remembrance.

Deity (Trinity) is God's Spirit manifested in the person of Jesus as God's plan of salvation through His birth, death and resurrection before the foundation of the world.

Holy Spirit (God's Spirit) was again sent down to permanently indwell those who are Spiritually born again, John 3:5-7, who will teach us all truths of what Jesus, (the word of God made flesh), already taught His disciples who were sent out into the world to make disciples of all of us to help teach others the Gospel of God's grace through faith.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ is not subject to the Father as God, as the God-Man, and while on earth, Jesus was, but only for this time. If Jesus is Himself Almighty God, YHWH, which is what the Bible says, then He cannot be any "less" than the Father or Holy Spirit, Who are also YHWH.

Again, the Son being subject to the Father doesn't take away the Son's Deity. Your problem is with Scripture. (1 Cor. 15:28).

"Only for this time"? The relationship between the Father and Son is eternal. It didn't begin when Jesus was born. Jesus said the Father is greater. (John 14:28) And later, after Jesus rose, and was glorified, and all authority was given him, we are told, (Rev. 1:1) "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, ...." See, the glorified Christ, the Son, is given revelation from the Father.

And, understand this, authority and power come from the Father. If it is not given from Him, then it doesn't exist. So, when you read (Matt. 28:18), where Jesus says "...All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth....", that should tell you something. The Son has been given the authority and power. It didn't come from Himself. It came from the Father.

No one is saying Jesus is not God. Get that out of your head. I am saying there is authority structure within the Godhead, the Father being the Greatest.

Quantrill

Again, the Son being subject to the Father doesn't take away the Son's Deity. Your problem is with Scripture. (1 Cor. 15:28).

"Only for this time"? The relationship between the Father and Son is eternal. It didn't begin when Jesus was born. Jesus said the Father is greater. (John 14:28) And later, after Jesus rose, and was glorified, and all authority was given him, we are told, (Rev. 1:1) "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, ...." See, the glorified Christ, the Son, is given revelation from the Father.

And, understand this, authority and power come from the Father. If it is not given from Him, then it doesn't exist. So, when you read (Matt. 28:18), where Jesus says "...All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth....", that should tell you something. The Son has been given the authority and power. It didn't come from Himself. It came from the Father.

No one is saying Jesus is not God. Get that out of your head. I am saying there is authority structure within the Godhead, the Father being the Greatest.

Quantrill

Thre is no problem with any Sripture with Jesus being eternally "subordinate" to the Father, as I have very clearly shown in the OP. The passage in 1 Corinthians 15 only relates to Jesus post-Incarnation, and till the end of this present world, which this passage discusses. I have shown especailly from Revelation, that there is no "suboridination" in the Godhead. The Father is NOT the "greatest" in the Godhead, this is unbiblical nonsense!

I am saying there is authority structure within the Godhead, the Father being the Greatest.

Unbiblical!

I have already shown in the OP:

“that all may Honor the Son, in the same way (καθώς) they Honor the Father. Whoever does not Honor the Son does not Honor the Father who sent Him” (John 5:23, as in the Greek)

If the Father is "greater" in any way than Jesus Christ as God, then Jesus could not have said this.

In the Book of Hebrews, chapter 1, we have the Testimony of God the Father concerning Jesus Christ:

"When he again brings in the Firstborn (Jesus Christ) into the world he says, “Let all the angels of God Worship Him.” (verse 6)

The Father commands the WORSHIP of Jesus Christ!

In verses 8 and 9, according to the Greek grammar used here, the Father addresses Jesus as GOD

"But of the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever. The scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your Kingdom. You have loved righteousness and hated iniquity; therefore O God, Your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness above your fellows.”

In verses 10-12, the Father is quoting from Psalm 102:24-27, where the Creation of the unverse is the Word of Elohim, Almighty God, and the Father says in Hebrews, that Jesus Christ is the actual Creator:

"And, “You, Lord, in the beginning, laid the foundation of the earth. The heavens are the works of your hands. They will perish, but you continue. They all will grow old like a garment does. You will roll them up like a mantle, and they will be changed; but you are the same. Your years won’t fail.”

See the passage in Psalms:

"I said, “My God, don’t take me away in the middle of my days. Your years are throughout all generations. Of old, you laid the foundation of the earth. The heavens are the work of your hands. They will perish, but you will endure. Yes, all of them will wear out like a garment. You will change them like a cloak, and they will be changed. But you are the same. Your years will have no end"

As I have also shown in the OP, that in Revelation 5:13-14, and 22:1, 3, where BOTH God the Father and Jesus Christ are WORSHIPPED equally!

There is not ONE verse in the entire 66 Books in the Holy Bible, that says anything about any "subordination" between ANY of the Three Persons in the Godhead.

I agree with this especially when we read John 1:1-16 and all the other ones where Jesus claimed to be Alpha and Omega as I and the Father are one.

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
John 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

IMO, the simplest way to explain the Deity (Trinity) is found in these two scriptures, but yet no one can fully understand the Trinity as that would mean one could fully understand all the complexities of heavens, what can you do? God.

Can you fathom the depths of God or discover the limits of the Almighty? They are higher than the heavens, what can you do? Job 11:7, 8; Isaiah 55:9.

Isa 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
Isa 55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

God is the word from the beginning being one God who exist in three persons. Trinity means three in one Spirit, God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
John 14:25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

God is Spirit, Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.

God is the word (Spirit of God),

The word became flesh (Jesus) and dwelt among us,

When the word (Jesus) ascended back up to heaven, once again God sent His Spirit, (Holy Spirit) to indwell us and teach us all things and bring those things back to our remembrance.

Deity (Trinity) is God's Spirit manifested in the person of Jesus as God's plan of salvation through His birth, death and resurrection before the foundation of the world.

Holy Spirit (God's Spirit) was again sent down to permanently indwell those who are Spiritually born again, John 3:5-7, who will teach us all truths of what Jesus, (the word of God made flesh), already taught His disciples who were sent out into the world to make disciples of all of us to help teach others the Gospel of God's grace through faith.

John 1:18, according to the oldest and best textual evidence, reads:

"God (Θεὸν) no one has ever seen, the Unique God (Θεὸς) Who is in the Bosom of the Father, He has made Him known"

Both, God the Father and Jesus Christ, the God-Man, after His Incarnation which makes Him "Unique (μονογενὴς)", and EQUALLY Almighty God. There can be no distinction made between the uses of GOD here, as some try to in verse one, when the say "and the Word was a god"!

Thre is no problem with any Sripture with Jesus being eternally "subordinate" to the Father, as I have very clearly shown in the OP. The passage in 1 Corinthians 15 only relates to Jesus post-Incarnation, and till the end of this present world, which this passage discusses. I have shown especailly from Revelation, that there is no "suboridination" in the Godhead. The Father is NOT the "greatest" in the Godhead, this is unbiblical nonsense!

The problem is you, not the Scripture. (1 Cor. 15:28) relates to eternity. See (15:26-28) All is not put under His feet till the end of the Millennium. Death is not destroyed till the end of the Millennium. "....then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him...." (28)

Concerning what you said about Christ in the book of (Revelation), there is no problem with Christ being God and at this time ruling from the Father's throne. There will come a time when Christ will sit on his own throne. (Rev. 3:21) So, you haven't proven anything.

(1 Cor. 15:28) clearly says 'then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him'.

Quantrill

Unbiblical!

I have already shown in the OP:

“that all may Honor the Son, in the same way (καθώς) they Honor the Father. Whoever does not Honor the Son does not Honor the Father who sent Him” (John 5:23, as in the Greek)

If the Father is "greater" in any way than Jesus Christ as God, then Jesus could not have said this.

In the Book of Hebrews, chapter 1, we have the Testimony of God the Father concerning Jesus Christ:

"When he again brings in the Firstborn (Jesus Christ) into the world he says, “Let all the angels of God Worship Him.” (verse 6)

The Father commands the WORSHIP of Jesus Christ!

In verses 8 and 9, according to the Greek grammar used here, the Father addresses Jesus as GOD

"But of the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever. The scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your Kingdom. You have loved righteousness and hated iniquity; therefore O God, Your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness above your fellows.”

In verses 10-12, the Father is quoting from Psalm 102:24-27, where the Creation of the unverse is the Word of Elohim, Almighty God, and the Father says in Hebrews, that Jesus Christ is the actual Creator:

"And, “You, Lord, in the beginning, laid the foundation of the earth. The heavens are the works of your hands. They will perish, but you continue. They all will grow old like a garment does. You will roll them up like a mantle, and they will be changed; but you are the same. Your years won’t fail.”

See the passage in Psalms:

"I said, “My God, don’t take me away in the middle of my days. Your years are throughout all generations. Of old, you laid the foundation of the earth. The heavens are the work of your hands. They will perish, but you will endure. Yes, all of them will wear out like a garment. You will change them like a cloak, and they will be changed. But you are the same. Your years will have no end"

As I have also shown in the OP, that in Revelation 5:13-14, and 22:1, 3, where BOTH God the Father and Jesus Christ are WORSHIPPED equally!

There is not ONE verse in the entire 66 Books in the Holy Bible, that says anything about any "subordination" between ANY of the Three Persons in the Godhead.

Again, no one is saying Jesus is not God. He is to be worshipped as God. He was involved in the creation of the universe and man. That does not take away from the authority structure within the Godhead.

The very verse that you use for the topic of this thread says exactly that the Son shall be subject to the Father. (1 Cor. 15:24-28).

You must understand that the role the Son took to become a man was forever. Eternal. And the Son willingly said "...Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me, I delight to do thy will, O my God...." (Ps. 40:6-8) That this is the Son speaking is clear from (Heb. 10:5-7).

This is the Son speaking. (Heb. 10:5) "Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:" The Son is alluding to the Father who has prepared a body for Him.

The Son says then, (Heb. 10:7) "Lo, I come...to do thy will O God."

This is conversation between God the Father and God the Son prior to the Son becoming Man. God the Son is volunteering to the will of the Father.

Again, authority structure within the Godhead does not take away from the Godhead. God is three Persons, all equally God. Yet Jesus, the Son, said the Father is greater. (John 14:28) Jesus the glorified Son, was given revelation from the Father. (Rev. 1:1) Why should the Son need revelation from the Father if the Father is not greater?

Jesus said all authority and power is given to Him. (Matt. 28:18). Why does He need authority or power given to Him? Answer: Because the Father is greater. And where does it come from? Answer: God the Father. Yes, this speaks to the Son as Man. But it will forever speak to the Son as Man.

God the Son will forever be subject to God the Father. (1 Cor. 15:28) I realize the difficulty many may have with this. But, truly, it should shed some light on the Son's sacrifice and work. In other words, when Jesus returned to Heaven and sat down at the throne of God, things didn't revert back to like they were before the Son became Man. That forever changed.

Quantrill

The problem is you, not the Scripture. (1 Cor. 15:28) relates to eternity. See (15:26-28) All is not put under His feet till the end of the Millennium. Death is not destroyed till the end of the Millennium. "....then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him...." (28)

Concerning what you said about Christ in the book of (Revelation), there is no problem with Christ being God and at this time ruling from the Father's throne. There will come a time when Christ will sit on his own throne. (Rev. 3:21) So, you haven't proven anything.

(1 Cor. 15:28) clearly says 'then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him'.

Quantrill

Firstly the only problem is that you cannot understand the Holy Trinity!

Secondly, WHERE in 1 Cor 15:28 say that this refers to the FUTURE?

Thridly, the Book of Revelation is the FUTURE, and I have shown that Jesus Christ JOINT-REIGNS with God the Father, so He cannot be "subject"!

Fourthly, the Bible clearly says that The Father is YHWH. The Son is YHWH. The Holy Spirit is YHWH. This means that the Three are 100% COEQUAL!

Fifthly, you undetstaning that the Father is the "greatest", and Jesus Christ is "subordinate" to Him, in the Godhead, means that they are not COEQUAL Persons, and Jesus Christ is a demi-god.

Sixthly, The term "subordinate" itself means that the Father and Jesus are not EQUAL Persons as GOD!

Again, no one is saying Jesus is not God. He is to be worshipped as God. He was involved in the creation of the universe and man. That does not take away from the authority structure within the Godhead.

The very verse that you use for the topic of this thread says exactly that the Son shall be subject to the Father. (1 Cor. 15:24-28).

You must understand that the role the Son took to become a man was forever. Eternal. And the Son willingly said "...Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me, I delight to do thy will, O my God...." (Ps. 40:6-8) That this is the Son speaking is clear from (Heb. 10:5-7).

This is the Son speaking. (Heb. 10:5) "Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:" The Son is alluding to the Father who has prepared a body for Him.

The Son says then, (Heb. 10:7) "Lo, I come...to do thy will O God."

This is conversation between God the Father and God the Son prior to the Son becoming Man. God the Son is volunteering to the will of the Father.

Again, authority structure within the Godhead does not take away from the Godhead. God is three Persons, all equally God. Yet Jesus, the Son, said the Father is greater. (John 14:28) Jesus the glorified Son, was given revelation from the Father. (Rev. 1:1) Why should the Son need revelation from the Father if the Father is not greater?

Jesus said all authority and power is given to Him. (Matt. 28:18). Why does He need authority or power given to Him? Answer: Because the Father is greater. And where does it come from? Answer: God the Father. Yes, this speaks to the Son as Man. But it will forever speak to the Son as Man.

God the Son will forever be subject to God the Father. (1 Cor. 15:28) I realize the difficulty many may have with this. But, truly, it should shed some light on the Son's sacrifice and work. In other words, when Jesus returned to Heaven and sat down at the throne of God, things didn't revert back to like they were before the Son became Man. That forever changed.

Quantrill

ONLY until you can grasp what Paul is saying in 1 Corinthians 15:28, in relation to the WHOLE of the Teachings of the Holy Bible, will you understand what the Relationship is between Jesus Christ and the Father.

John 17:5, Philippians 2:5-11, and Hebrews 2:7-9, all teach that the "subordination" of Jesus Christ to the Father, was only TEMPORARY, and finishes at the end of this world.

Firstly the only problem is that you cannot understand the Holy Trinity!

Secondly, WHERE in 1 Cor 15:28 say that this refers to the FUTURE?

Thridly, the Book of Revelation is the FUTURE, and I have shown that Jesus Christ JOINT-REIGNS with God the Father, so He cannot be "subject"!

Fourthly, the Bible clearly says that The Father is YHWH. The Son is YHWH. The Holy Spirit is YHWH. This means that the Three are 100% COEQUAL!

Fifthly, you undetstaning that the Father is the "greatest", and Jesus Christ is "subordinate" to Him, in the Godhead, means that they are not COEQUAL Persons, and Jesus Christ is a demi-god.

Sixthly, The term "subordinate" itself means that the Father and Jesus are not EQUAL Persons as GOD!

I make no claim to understand the Trinity. Why? Do you? I do try and understand what has been revealed to us in the Scripture.

I showed you where in the first paragraph.

I have always said Father, Son and Holy Spirit, are all equally God. I don't believe I used the term 'subordinate'.

Quantrill

ONLY until you can grasp what Paul is saying in 1 Corinthians 15:28, in relation to the WHOLE of the Teachings of the Holy Bible, will you understand what the Relationship is between Jesus Christ and the Father.

John 17:5, Philippians 2:5-11, and Hebrews 2:7-9, all teach that the "subordination" of Jesus Christ to the Father, was only TEMPORARY, and finishes at the end of this world.

(John 17:5) speaks only to the glorification of Jesus Christ which He knew before as the Son. It adds nothing to Jesus being or not being subject to the Father forever.

(Philippians 2:5-11) adds nothing to Jesus being or not being subject to the Father forever. It declares Jesus Deity as God the Son. It declares the exalted position the Father has raised Him to. All true.

(Heb. 2:5-8) is contrasting man and angels as to who the 'world to come' is subject to. That world will be subject to man and not the angels. (Heb. 2:9) and (Heb. 2:16-17) demonstrates this is made possible through Jesus being made a little lower than the angels in becoming a Man. It adds nothing to Jesus being or not being subject to the Father forever.

Quantrill

(John 17:5) speaks only to the glorification of Jesus Christ which He knew before as the Son. It adds nothing to Jesus being or not being subject to the Father forever.

(Philippians 2:5-11) adds nothing to Jesus being or not being subject to the Father forever. It declares Jesus Deity as God the Son. It declares the exalted position the Father has raised Him to. All true.

(Heb. 2:5-8) is contrasting man and angels as to who the 'world to come' is subject to. That world will be subject to man and not the angels. (Heb. 2:9) and (Heb. 2:16-17) demonstrates this is made possible through Jesus being made a little lower than the angels in becoming a Man. It adds nothing to Jesus being or not being subject to the Father forever.

Quantrill

John 17:5

"Now, Father, glorify me together with your own self with the glory which I had along with you before the world existed" (as the Greek)

This state of Glory that Jesus Christ had from all eternity, WITH (equally) the Father, is what He "laid aside" when He became the God-Man. Jesus here says that He is EQUAL with the Father at His Ascension.

In Philippians 2:8, the word "unto death", is "μέχρι", which has the meaning "up to the time", which reads in the verse, "He humbled Himself by becoming obedient up to death, even death on a cross", which means that this "obedience" ended at His death.

Hebrews 2:9 reads, "But we see Him who for a little while was made lower than the angels, namely Jesus, crowned with glory and honor because of the suffering of death, so that by the grace of God He might taste death for everyone"

Again, it is clear that this being made "lower", was only "for a little while", which cannot mean forever.

Apart from you ONE "proof" text in 1 cor. 15, can you give just ONE more to support your assumption? The whole Bible's Teaching on the Holy Trinity, is 100% against what you believe. Again, apart from John 14:28, where Jesus, Speaking as the God-Man, in His Incarnate state, says, "the Father is greater than I", where else is this taught? John 10:29 has been corrupted to read, "My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand"; whereas the best textual evidence supports the reading, "that which the Father hath given Me is greater than all", which is referring to His "sheep".

I make no claim to understand the Trinity. Why? Do you? I do try and understand what has been revealed to us in the Scripture.

I showed you where in the first paragraph.

I have always said Father, Son and Holy Spirit, are all equally God. I don't believe I used the term 'subordinate'.

Quantrill

They cannot be EQUAL, and the Son is SUBJECT! I live in England where we have a Queen, I am a SUBJECT to the Queen, and therefore cannot ever be her EQUAL! Do you get this?

John 17:5

"Now, Father, glorify me together with your own self with the glory which I had along with you before the world existed" (as the Greek)

This state of Glory that Jesus Christ had from all eternity, WITH (equally) the Father, is what He "laid aside" when He became the God-Man. Jesus here says that He is EQUAL with the Father at His Ascension.

In Philippians 2:8, the word "unto death", is "μέχρι", which has the meaning "up to the time", which reads in the verse, "He humbled Himself by becoming obedient up to death, even death on a cross", which means that this "obedience" ended at His death.

Hebrews 2:9 reads, "But we see Him who for a little while was made lower than the angels, namely Jesus, crowned with glory and honor because of the suffering of death, so that by the grace of God He might taste death for everyone"

Again, it is clear that this being made "lower", was only "for a little while", which cannot mean forever.

Apart from you ONE "proof" text in 1 cor. 15, can you give just ONE more to support your assumption? The whole Bible's Teaching on the Holy Trinity, is 100% against what you believe. Again, apart from John 14:28, where Jesus, Speaking as the God-Man, in His Incarnate state, says, "the Father is greater than I", where else is this taught? John 10:29 has been corrupted to read, "My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand"; whereas the best textual evidence supports the reading, "that which the Father hath given Me is greater than all", which is referring to His "sheep".

I answered (John 17:5). It adds nothing to your or my argument. I have said Jesus is equal in Deity as God the Son. Being subject to the Father doesn't take away from that.

I answered (Hebrews 2:5-9). The contrast is between man and the angels and the rule over the world to come. It is not addressing Christ in relation to the Father.

You say apart from one verse, then you address another verse I gave. Go back to my post #(6), (10), and (11) and address those verses, many of which you didn't. And address what I said.

Quantrill

They cannot be EQUAL, and the Son is SUBJECT! I live in England where we have a Queen, I am a SUBJECT to the Queen, and therefore cannot ever be her EQUAL! Do you get this?

The Son is equally God. Jesus Christ is the God Man. That never changes.

You keep saying that (1 Cor. 15:28) is true of the Son only between the time of the incarnation and the end of the present world. If that is so, did the Son, as He was subject to the Father, cease to be God during that time? Did the Son cease to be equal with the Father at that time?

Quantrill

I answered (John 17:5). It adds nothing to your or my argument. I have said Jesus is equal in Deity as God the Son. Being subject to the Father doesn't take away from that.

I answered (Hebrews 2:5-9). The contrast is between man and the angels and the rule over the world to come. It is not addressing Christ in relation to the Father.

You say apart from one verse, then you address another verse I gave. Go back to my post #(6), (10), and (11) and address those verses, many of which you didn't. And address what I said.

Quantrill

It is Hebrews 2:7-9

Back