Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The evidence of God in plain sight, but do I believe?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Shema

CF Ambassador
png_20211209_192939_0000.png
An Emoji devotions for Thu, 9th December, 2021

Topic: The evidence of God in plain sight, but do I believe?

By Pastor Hans Ulrich Wenger
Highlights: But God made the earth by his power; he founded the world by his wisdom and stretched out the heavens by his understanding. (Jeremiah 10:12)

“The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.” For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross. (Colossians 1:15-20)
By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible. (Hebrews 11:3)
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities – his eternal power and divine nature – have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse. Romans 1:18-20)
In Jeremiah 10 God slams the idols and the idols makers about their nothingness. “Everyone is senseless and without knowledge, every goldsmith is shamed by his idols. His images are a fraud, they have no breath in them. They are worthless, the objects of mockery; when their judgment comes, they will perish.” (Jeremiah 10:14-15)

He then makes the comparison with the God of Israel and writes: “He who is the Portion of Jacob is not like these, for he is the maker of all things, including Israel, the tribe of his inheritance – the LORD Almighty is his name.” (Jeremiah 10:16) The Old Testament is full with references like this. In Isaiah 46 God slams the Idols of Babylon and declares that he is the only God who makes known the end from the beginning and from ancient times, what is still to come.

Today we can look back on a long history how God has already done what he has announced long ago; the coming of Christ as redeemer and fulfillment of the law, the pouring out of the Holy Spirit and, perhaps most dominantly, the bringing back of the people of Israel into their homeland of old right before our eyes. Many more events could be mentioned, but what is said is enough to know, that everybody who does not believe what the Holy Scripture says is a fool in his heart.

The only really reliable information about our time, we can gather only from the Scriptures. We are living in the latter days and have never yet been closer to the return of Jesus Christ to reign with righteousness for one thousand years on the earth. What we call science today is a mixture of known facts and the satanic deception to make it without belief and trust in the true God of creation and salvation. Be it the climate change problem, be it the Covid 19 problem, be it a lot of other questions, we get only confusing and often contradicting answers from science. For people who are awaiting the coming of the King of all Kings it is the trust in the Father and the Son that makes them uplift their heads in joyous expectation. Their visible salvation is nigh.
Prayer: Dear Lord God, strengthen my trust in you and let me not be entangled in the confusion and deception of this world. Thank you that you bring about what you have promised. Let me stand with you and before you and fill me with your Holy Spirit that I will be able to interpret the signs of the time. I praise you and thank you for my present and for my future visible salvation. You are faithful beyond doubt and you will do it. I glorify your holy name. Amen.

Back