Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

HSong

https://jesus-saves-all.com/
2024 Supporter
Is Judas saved? Only God can truly look at the conditions of the heart to know if someone believed in Jesus Christ with faith alone and gained permanent salvation. As it is the Holy Spirit, who is God, that is inside a person dwelling that makes a person clean of all sins.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,

Let’s get more specific, and know that I am referring to Judas Iscariot here

Jesus answered, “It is the one to whom I will give this piece of bread when I have dipped it in the dish.” Then, dipping the piece of bread, he gave it to Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot.

However, if we assume that this Judas, of Iscariot, is not saved, then arises another question.

Will Judas Iscariot be saved? Yes, eventually this Judas will believe in Jesus Christ with faith alone and be saved permanently. And yes, I am aware that this Judas committed suicide.

Matthew 27:1 5 So Judas threw the money into the temple and left. Then he went away and hanged himself.

And yes I am aware that Judas Iscariot was the one who betrayed Jesus Christ.

Luke 22:47 While he was still speaking a crowd came up, and the man who was called Judas, one of the Twelve, was leading them. He approached Jesus to kiss him, 48 but Jesus asked him, “Judas, are you betraying the Son of Man with a kiss?”

And you’re probably wondering how a traitor like Judas can receive salvation? When his act of betrayal became so popular that it has a whole Wikipedia page on it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiss_of_Judas

Justus Knecht comments on Judas' kiss writing,

He did not refuse his treacherous kiss: He suffered His sacred Face to be touched by the lips of this vile traitor, and He even called him: “Friend!” “I have always treated you as My friend”, He meant to imply, “why therefore do you come now at the head of My enemies, and betray Me to them by a kiss!” This loving treatment on the part of our Lord was to the ungrateful traitor a last hour of grace. Jesus gave him to understand that He still loved him in spite of his vile crime, and was ready to forgive him.

Despite this treacherous kiss, Jesus was ready to forgive Judas! And Jesus Christ is still ready, waiting with open arms, ready to forgive Judas Iscariot. All people will become righteous friends of the Lord, like how Abraham believed in the Lord and was seen as a friend of righteousness.

Romans 4:3 For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness.”

When his act of betrayal became so noteworthy that it appears on the dictionary? Literally as something specifically defined as “deceitful and treacherous”.

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/Judas+kiss

Judas kiss

Also found in: Idioms, Wikipedia.

a deceitful and treacherous kiss.

an act appearing to be an act of friendship, which is in fact harmful to the recipient.

The term “Judas Kiss” has even gone beyond the Biblical Christianity and has been used to describe “treacherous natures” in general by the general masses, such as with the fictional (aka fake, false) human made Japanese danmaku 弾幕 だんまく series “Touhou” 東方 Though I do enjoy this series, like the music.

Touhou PC-98 東方 5 Kaikidan ~ Mystic Square怪綺談 とうほうかいきだんMai's マイTheme: Treacherous Maiden ~ Judas Kiss. 裏切りの少女Released 1998-12-30 (Comiket 55)

The creator of Touhou, Jun’ya “ZUN” Ōta 太田 順也, and of this music track describes it 東方幻想的音楽 as

This is "Treacherous Maiden ~ Judas Kiss" from Mystic Square. … I was thinking of arranging in Biblical style as the title implies(kiss of Judas), but what's Biblical style in the first place? I seem to have gained a bit of its conscious later on (^ ^;.

https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Mystic_Square/Music

So even those outside of Christianity can recognize that Judas is treacherous. Then, how can this person be saved, who committed such a deceitful, treacherous betrayal against our Lord and Saviour, how can he possibly be saved? Well, the same way that all of us are saved…

Romans 5:1 Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

By believing in Jesus Christ with faith alone. His sacrifice, the blood on the cross, is sufficient to wash away all sins. Even if Judas is in Sheol, the realm of the dead, after his suicide, he can still believe in Christ Jesus and have the Holy Spirit enter his body, so he can be made clean to go to Heaven. This will happen, as the Bible tells us that Christ shall be all in all! Yes, even in the most treacherous of traitors!

1 Corinthians 15:22-28 All will be made alive in Christ, but each in his own turn and ultimately Christ will subdue all His enemies, eliminate death and God will be all in all.

All traitors in the whole world will become believers in Christ and be washed of all their sins! This includes Judas Iscariot! Everyone, ever, that has existed, exists, will exist, thus will guaranteed become believers in Jesus and all of them will have permanent life! Each and every one of those who have committed any act of betrayal will be washed of their sin by the holy blood of Christ and therefore allowed to enter the gates of Heaven into the holy city of New Jerusalem.

Psalm 30:5 For his anger is but for a moment, and his favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning.

Judas Iscariot may have been weeping, battered by grief for a moment. This weeping may have led him to suicide. But eventually, he will be saved. He will have faith in Christ Jesus as the saviour for his sins.

Luke 15:4: "What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open country, and go after the one that is lost, until he finds it?"

Judas Iscariot is like that lost sheep. Even if 99% of people on Earth are saved, if Judas Iscariot, if even the most treacherous traitors are not saved, Jesus Christ will not stop saving people until 100% of 100% of people on Earth are saved. All = all. 100% = 100%. We are all sheep to the Lord, and He is our Holy Shepard. We will all have faith in Him, the Lord of Hosts, and be washed from death, and be made clean with permanent life.

Revelation 5:13: "And I [John] heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea, and all that is in them, saying, `To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be blessing and honor and glory and might forever and ever!"'

Back