Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached !

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
S

savedbygrace57

Matt 24:

14And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

The Gospel of the Kingdom, of God's Sovereignty !

His Sovereignty in Salvation as well as providence. Matt 24:

14And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Matt 24:

The Gospel of the Kingdom, of God's Sovereignty !

His Sovereignty in Salvation as well as providence. Matt 24:

'.. and [then shall the end come].'

OK, why did the End not come then? Rom. 10:18 + Col. 1:23 was well past Christ's life on Earth of.. there/bouts AD 64
--Elijah

PS: Forum, don't run from the question.. but have the Lord's answer for the seemingly contradiction!

OK, why did the End not come then? Rom. 10:18 + Col. 1:23 was well past Christ's life on Earth of.. there/bouts AD 64
--Elijah

PS: Forum, don't run from the question.. but have the Lord's answer for the seemingly contradiction!

What contradiction? The end did not come because the Gospel had not been preached to the whole world yet. In fact, it still hasn't. Of course, it depends on your definition of "all nations", but there are many people groups around the world who have only heard the Gospel to a very limited extent.

elijah:

OK, why did the End not come then?

Duh, because the end was yet future !

He was describing the preaching of the Kingdom right before the end of the world, in respond to their question Matt 24:

3And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

What contradiction? The end did not come because the Gospel had not been preached to the whole world yet. In fact, it still hasn't. Of course, it depends on your definition of "all nations", but there are many people groups around the world who have only heard the Gospel to a very limited extent.

Inspiration says otherwise!
Rom. 10:18
'But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, THEIR SOUND WENT INTO ALL THE EARTH, AND THEIR WORDS UNTO THE ENDS OF THE WORLD' (recorded in AD 60)

Col. 1:23
'If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, [AND WHICH WAS PREACHED TO EVERY CREATURE WHICH IS UNDER HEAVEN;] whereof I Paul am made a minister..'

Your logic will always have ones never being able to hear. NO, the answer to Paul's Inspired Truth is not as you post it here. If you understood the answer, then you would be required to toss out other garbage as well!

--Elijah

Like I said, it depends on your definition of "all nations" or "all the earth". By the time that was written, the Gospel had reached probably all nations that Paul knew of, but then, he didn't know of all nations, did he. He knew nothing of Mayans, Soux, Inuit, Scandinavians, Aboriginis, Polynesians and many many others. Even today there are large unexplored regions of the world, such as the Amazon rain forest, where there could very well be people groups we don't know of yet. Only God will know when every nation, tribe and tongue has heard the Gospel. But, since you seem to know better than everyone else, why don't you share your wisdom with us and tell us what the "Lord's answer" is?

Like I said, it depends on your definition of "all nations" or "all the earth". By the time that was written, the Gospel had reached probably all nations that Paul knew of, but then, he didn't know of all nations, did he. He knew nothing of Mayans, Soux, Inuit, Scandinavians, Aboriginis, Polynesians and many many others. Even today there are large unexplored regions of the world, such as the Amazon rain forest, where there could very well be people groups we don't know of yet. Only God will know when every nation, tribe and tongue has heard the Gospel. But, since you seem to know better than everyone else, why don't you share your wisdom with us and tell us what the "Lord's answer" is?

First off: Are you saying that Inspiration did know but gave only part truth? And that Paul was Inspired.. or not?? And Inspiration or the Word of God is just temporary?? I was brlieving that Christ's Word of Matt, 24:14 was truth & that both Inspired chapters of Paul's pen were also. So it seems that the reason for their meaning and understanding would not help you any if the Word of God is not fact!.

It is kind of like the old time preacher used to say.. God said it, and I believe it, and that settles it for me! And I have no doubt that Job has it right in chapter 26 stating that 'He ... hangeth the earth upon nothing.' or that David was stating the actual fact.. that I believe.. 'For He spake, and it was done; He commanded, and it stood fast.'

But He did not know about Christ & Paul needing others Jer. 17:5 stuff?:screwloose Whatever?

--Elijah

Last edited by a moderator:
First off: Are you saying that Inspiration did know but gave only part truth? And that Paul was Inspired.. or not?? And Inspiration or the Word of God is just temporary?? I was brlieving that Christ's Word of Matt, 24:14 was truth & that both Inspired chapters of Paul's pen were also. So it seems that the reason for their meaning and understanding would not help you any if the Word of God is not fact!.

It is kind of like the old time preacher used to say.. God said it, and I believe it, and that settles it for me! And I have no doubt that Job has it right in chapter 26 stating that 'He ... hangeth the earth upon nothing.' or that David was stating the actual fact.. that I believe.. 'For He spake, and it was done; He commanded, and it stood fast.'

But He did not know about Christ & Paul needing others Jer. 17:5 stuff?:screwloose Whatever?

--Elijah

First of all, I never said any of those things. Please don't put words in my mouth. Secondly, you say you know better, so why don't you tell us? Afraid someone might find a flaw in your theory if you tell us what it is?

First of all, I never said any of those things. Please don't put words in my mouth. Secondly, you say you know better, so why don't you tell us? Afraid someone might find a flaw in your theory if you tell us what it is?

OK: This is [[me]] as a Christian person. I have been trying to explain that 'i' have been responding to a post. [[NOTHING PERSONAL]] If the forum will read the post of mine, I think that it has QUESTION marks there?? (at least that was my intent)

OK: I am also a firm believer in Titus 3:9-11 regardless of it being me or another, so I find NO reason to go on with this further. The remark of ...'Afraid someone might find a flaw in your theory..' That sounds personal & what God has DOCUMENTED is [NO THEORY] to me! Whatever?:wave

Forum: If there is another who does take God at His word, and wants to take this further, let me know. For there are testing truths if one truely believe's God. Sure, that will require one to toss out their garbage can of false doctrines! One is Matt. 4:4, 'who attempts' to [live by every Word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God]?? (All 66 Books) Just a very few!

So what reason would there be to continue on with these others who do not BELIEVE Christ's Words here???

--Elijah

Inspiration says otherwise!
Rom. 10:18
'But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, THEIR SOUND WENT INTO ALL THE EARTH, AND THEIR WORDS UNTO THE ENDS OF THE WORLD' (recorded in AD 60)

Col. 1:23
'If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, [AND WHICH WAS PREACHED TO EVERY CREATURE WHICH IS UNDER HEAVEN;] whereof I Paul am made a minister..'

Your logic will always have ones never being able to hear. NO, the answer to Paul's Inspired Truth is not as you post it here. If you understood the answer, then you would be required to toss out other garbage as well!

--Elijah

OK Forum: Lets just try it this way? Christ did not come as Matt, 24:14 documented that He would. Why?? Paul states twice above that the Gospel did indeed go to the world! But some use the thinking that God or Paul.. one of the two or both did not know what they were talking about, BOTTOM/LINE!:screwloose So lets check further!

Lets try to go to that time period of Pauls teaching. Christ had DOCUMENTED that He would come when the Gospel went into [ALL THE WORLD AS A WITNESS]. Matt. 24:14 (Fact) Paul + all of the New Acts Church Believed Christ, right? Now: Here is Paul DOCUMENTING by Inspiration that the above verses are TRUTH! That the Gospel did go to the 'ends of the world'. Now, lets look at us at that time period when Christ did not come, how would we be in our FAITH?? Would we be tested by Christ not coming as we first believed, or not??

What would be our reaction to this actual sequence? [THINK! WHAT WOULD YOU DO?] By the way, this did actually happen in 1844 to a Baptist preacher named William Miller & his group. But that was about a Daniel 2300 day time message.

Do you have a [SCRIPTURE INSPIRED] answer??? Or did these ones in Paul's day just follow Christ + Paul [BLINDLY?] No way!

--Elijah

Rom. 4
[17] (As it is written, [I have] made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and [calleth those things which be not] [as though they were].

God can do that, which is not the issue in the least. The issue is that NONE OF HIS CREATION KNOW THEIR END, but God. If that was not the case, Heb. 11:13 's + the whole O.T. Book woulnd not be one of faith.

If we did as God Eternally knew & does above, we are indeed LIARS!

--Elijah

--Elijah

The end has not come because the gospel of the kingdom is not being preached by the vast majority of the Churches or Christians. Most Christians preach Jesus, as savior but seldom mention that He is The King (the Bible tells us that the saints and the righteous men and women of old will be kings), and that He is coming back to the Earth to rule. They talk about going to Heaven when they die or when Jesus returns. So the gospel of the kingdom has only been preached by a few at best.

I think most Christians in the west believe that God's kingdom is like democracy; but it is not. God's government is theocratic, so His government is based on kingdom government. Meaning, that a king owns the territory that he rules in....a king owns the Country. So, since Jesus is coming back as King of kings, it means He is coming back to take ownership of the entire world back from Satan. He will own not only the world but all the people and the property that the people live on and what they have. But it will also mean that as King He will be responsible for the wellbeing of the people/Nations. He will provide what they need to live and make a living.

How many Christians when they are talk about Jesus to others mention that Jesus is a real King, and that when He is coming back He will bring the government of God with Him, and rule over the Earth? How many Christians tell people that God is calling all those that believe this gospel, and that if they repent and is baptized will rule with Jesus?

Christianity has come to be more regarded as a religion than it is about the kingdom of God. Jesus never taught Christian religion…..He preached the kingdom of God……He brought kingdom message.

bazz:

The end has not come because the gospel of the kingdom is not being preached by the vast majority of the Churches or Christians.

But it is coming because God has raised up individuals to preach the Gospel of the Kingdom, whom He has separated from apostate churches.

Just like the days of Noah, he was the only preacher during the end of the first world, this time, there will be certain individuals all around the world preaching the Truth, and when their witness is completed, Jesus shall come !

bazz:

But it is coming because God has raised up individuals to preach the Gospel of the Kingdom, whom He has separated from apostate churches.

Just like the days of Noah, he was the only preacher during the end of the first world, this time, there will be certain individuals all around the world preaching the Truth, and when their witness is completed, Jesus shall come !

Yes, I am aware that a few do preach the gospel that Jesus preached......I try to do my part as well. The first person that I have ever heard, back in the seventies and earlier, that talked about the kingdom of God was a man by the name of Hebert w. Armstrong. Not everything that he taught was correct, but he was dead on when it came to the the gospel of the kingdom is. There is another man that I recently was told about by a pastor I know personally. That man is Myles Munroe. I don’t agree with everything that Myles say either but he too is dead on right when it comes to the gospel of the kingdom. I am sure that there are a few others that I am not aware of.

The end has not come because the gospel of the kingdom is not being preached by the vast majority of the Churches or Christians. Most Christians preach Jesus, as savior but seldom mention that He is The King (the Bible tells us that the saints and the righteous men and women of old will be kings), and that He is coming back to the Earth to rule. They talk about going to Heaven when they die or when Jesus returns. So the gospel of the kingdom has only been preached by a few at best.

I think most Christians in the west believe that God's kingdom is like democracy; but it is not. God's government is theocratic, so His government is based on kingdom government. Meaning, that a king owns the territory that he rules in....a king owns the Country. So, since Jesus is coming back as King of kings, it means He is coming back to take ownership of the entire world back from Satan. He will own not only the world but all the people and the property that the people live on and what they have. But it will also mean that as King He will be responsible for the wellbeing of the people/Nations. He will provide what they need to live and make a living.

But Inspiration said that in AD 60 of Romans 10:18 + Col. 1:23 that the Gospel had indeed gone to the ENDS OF THE WORLD! That was a good number of years after Christ penned Matt. 24:14.
--Elijah

PS: And the reason that Christ did not come is DOCUMENTED by His Inspired Word! But you never hear why that is, for the simple reason that if the reason was believed and taught it would REQUIRE that a huge garbage can of other false stuff from the Rev. 17:1-5 ones would be REQUIRED to be tossed out & started over!! And who has ever found any of these changing their false doctrines in the last 120 + many years??:sleep Gen. 6:3

--Elijah

But Inspiration said that in AD 60 of Romans 10:18 + Col. 1:23 that the Gospel had indeed gone to the ENDS OF THE WORLD! That was a good number of years after Christ penned Matt. 24:14.
--Elijah

PS: And the reason that Christ did not come is DOCUMENTED by His Inspired Word! But you never hear why that is, for the simple reason that if the reason was believed and taught it would REQUIRE that a huge garbage can of other false stuff from the Rev. 17:1-5 ones would be REQUIRED to be tossed out & started over!! And who has ever found any of these changing their false doctrines in the last 120 + many years??:sleep Gen. 6:3

--Elijah

How loud does one think that the MIDNIGHT CRY was in Matt. 25 to AWAKEN these [ALL SLEEPING ONES] ones???:chin

Matt. 24:21 will do the trick! 'NOR EVER SHALL BE'. And this is where we are in the start of!

--Elijah

Very interesting, but a careful reading and you will see that it is not saying what you think it is saying. Romans 10:18 is not talking about the gospel as such, nor is it even talking about the people in Paul's day. It is talking about ancient Israel long before Paul's parents or even grandparents were born.
Though the gospel of the kingdom has not been going out to the world as it should, it will and some few have and are preaching it. But God want all of us to be involved in preaching it as well.

The name to Jesus has already been preached to the world.....its full time now that the world hear the gospel of the kingdom.

Now Col.1:23 did not say the gospel was to every Nation. It says.......Colossians 1:23 (KJV)
23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

It means that people of all race, Jews and Gentiles heard it. Obviously, Paul nor anyone else did not travel to every single Nation on the Earth and preach it. It was not possible for them to do that. But today, it is very possible. All Christians need to do is do it were ever they are, and where ever they are not either go there and preach it in some way. Either directly, by their own mouth or via TV, radio or magazine.

How many Christians when they are talk about Jesus to others mention that Jesus is a real King, and that when He is coming back He will bring the government of God with Him, and rule over the Earth? How many Christians tell people that God is calling all those that believe this gospel, and that if they repent and is baptized will rule with Jesus?

Christianity has come to be more regarded as a religion than it is about the kingdom of God. Jesus never taught Christian religion…..He preached the kingdom of God……He brought kingdom message.

:thumbsup (And if they endure to the end and God sees fit to have them ruling with him.)

yes, christianity is anything but a club for nice people. yet unfortunatly that element has crept in and polluted the overall message.

broad statement but true. unfortunatly.

God is all about people following him. living his way, doing his work, not joining a community and warming a pew until they die and fly off to heaven.

If he was that kind of God, who in their right mind would want to be a part of it anyway? We got lucky. You missed out. Go burn in hell. Sucker.

It's not love.

The bible talks about a new earth and a new heaven. Where sin will no longer be able to flourish or thrive, full of people with FREE WILL. You can't do that unless you love love for loves sake. Anyone whose first God is self-interest is not going to be trustworthy enough to give that to. That's just common sense.

Anyone with common decency if given the opportunity to live forever under God where sin cannot exist, would take it. But not everyone would choose that. Some people just arn't that good.

:thumbsup (And if they endure to the end and God sees fit to have them ruling with him.)

yes, christianity is anything but a club for nice people. yet unfortunatly that element has crept in and polluted the overall message.

broad statement but true. unfortunatly.

God is all about people following him. living his way, doing his work, not joining a community and warming a pew until they die and fly off to heaven.

If he was that kind of God, who in their right mind would want to be a part of it anyway? We got lucky. You missed out. Go burn in hell. Sucker.

It's not love.

The bible talks about a new earth and a new heaven. Where sin will no longer be able to flourish or thrive, full of people with FREE WILL. You can't do that unless you love love for loves sake. Anyone whose first God is self-interest is not going to be trustworthy enough to give that to. That's just common sense.

Anyone with common decency if given the opportunity to live forever under God where sin cannot exist, would take it. But not everyone would choose that. Some people just arn't that good.

Unfortunately, much of what Christians believe today has more to do with religion than a way of life or a way of living. Kingdom people, in terms of the gospel live the way Jesus lived and still lives.

Back