Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The great white throne and the shock

copper25

Revelation 21: 11) And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

The throne represents the majesty of God, HOLY AND SOVEREIGN, and ROYALTY. He is the Judge and under His power will condemn all those that take pleasure in unrighteousness, all those that did not accept the sacrifice and the atonement of the Lord Jesus. Those that have failed to come to repentance, not heeding the word of the Lord, (Luke 13:3) “I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.†Every single person who rather chose to be an enemy of God, a worker of iniquity unrepented and unchanged toward God. We must realize that under God’s judgment, His absolute righteous judgment none can stand and this is why we have Christ Jesus and all those who are not found in Him will be like the Egyptians when the angel of death, the destroyer came and killed them in the night. (1 Thessalonians 5:3) “For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.†This judgment will come as a shock to many, beholding the full glory of the same sovereign Lord God whom they denied and did not hearken unto

Matthew 7:21) Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Many who are professing ‘Christian’ are going to be shocked when the judgment is made because they never came to the truth but rather (2 Timothy 4:4) “turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned to fables.†It is what they choose, because it was convenient and it didn’t mess up their worldly living and their love, their lust for the world not even considering the scripture saying in 1 John 2:15 that “If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.†The truth is that people in many cases don’t want the truth, the sword of the word to pierce through their heart because it might ruin their blissful life of evil and riotous living. Even if someone does not sin a lot, even a little sin in one’s life is deadly, (Galatians 5:9) “A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.†And besides that they don’t realize that they have not repented, therefore they have no remission of sin. And an unrepented person cannot abide in Christ because they have not eternal life and the process of sanctification which is the working God shows no working in their life: (Hebrews 12:14) “and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lordâ€Â. A person without temperance and without fruitfulness cannot be a Christian because (John 15:5) “He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit†sad our own Lord. (Matthew 7:16) “Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?â€Â

awaken said:
Is there a difference in the great white throne and the judgment seat of Christ?
The way I understand scripture, yes, there is. I understand and believe the Judgment seat of Christ to be one of rewards as described in 1 Corinthians 3.

Vic C. said:
awaken said:
Is there a difference in the great white throne and the judgment seat of Christ?
The way I understand scripture, yes, there is. I understand and believe the Judgment seat of Christ to be one of rewards as described in 1 Corinthians 3.

I was taught the two were different...but I can not remember the scriptures it was taught from. Does anyone know where this is taught? In Rev. I just see the great white throne judgement.

1 Corinthians 3:11) For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ

1 Corinthians 3:12) Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

1 Corinthians 3:13) Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

1 Corinthians 3:14) If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

1 Corinthians 3:15) If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

2 Corinthians 5:10) For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

These are some of the verses that talk about the believer's judgement, which will determine reward and not punishment for those that are Christ'

That's a good question also. I believe it would be after the resurrection/transformation; the "rapture" if you want.

copper25 said:
Revelation 21: 11) And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

f someone does not sin a lot, even a little sin in one’s life is deadly, (Galatians 5:9) “A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.†And besides that they don’t realize that they have not repented, therefore they have no remission of sin. And an unrepented person cannot abide in Christ because they have not eternal life and the process of sanctification which is the working God shows no working in their life: (Hebrews 12:14) “and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lordâ€Â. A person without temperance and without fruitfulness cannot be a Christian because (John 15:5) “He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit†said our own Lord. (Matthew 7:16) “Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?â€Â
Copper,

Unless the fruit is harvested and threshed/trodden underfoot it is not useful; for it must be put in the storehouse to be eternally secured by sight.

This work is done by the Father of all spirits, after he has declared us to be his children in Jesus Christ, then the work of Hebrews 12:9-11. Those who have not been accounted as children will laugh and rejoice and send each other presents. Revelation 11.

Then we will follow peace with all and holiness, perfecting holiness in the fear of the Lord.

Joe

Back