Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Great Whore of Revelation

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I saw that there was a thread on this very topic that has been closed. i read through most of it which seemed to claim in a nutshell that Jerusalem (modern and age old zionism) is the Great Whore Mystery Babylon.

This topic interests me and I partly agree, BUT I feel that the Bible tells us that ANCIENT Jerusalem as opposed to modern Zionism fits the description. In the OT, passages like Jeremiah 3,13 and Ezekiel 16,23 describe Jerusalem as a whoring woman.

Many feel that the RCC as well as "apostate christianity" as a whole fits very well with the descriptions in Revelation, but I believe that Jerusalem circa 1st century fits even better. The language of the OT passages that discuss apostate Judaism uses a lot of the same language as Rev. This is important to point out because the readers who John sent the letter to who were most likely Jews who would have naturally harkened back to the writings of the prophets to help "decode" Revelation.

Just to be clear, I contend that the Catholic Church, along with really all other denominations when grouped together as a whole unit can be considered "apostate christianity" and fit VERY well with the descriptions in the book of the Revelation of Jesus in almost all facets. The one facet they fail in though, is the time facet. Revelation was written in the Jewish Apocalyptic style that books like Ezekiel, Daniel, and Jeremiah were written in. The initial audience for John's writings were most likely his Judean contemporaries, and that tells us something very important. It tells us that the writings to his "brothers in the current tribulation" were intended to mean something to them and give them hope to cope with what they were going through at that time. So, to those Jews who were familiar with the writings of the prophets, hearing about a "Great Whore" and the "Great City" would naturally direct their attention to Jerusalem which was the centerpiece of the religion that had sprung from the Covenant between God and Israel.

With that said, let's look at Ezekiel 16.
1 And the word of the Lord came to me saying, 2 ‘O son of man; To Jerusalem now testify, about all of her lawless deeds! 3 Tell them that thus Jehovah: Your roots and your birth are in CanaAn. An Amorite man was your father, and your mother a Hittite. 4 And concerning your birth and the day you were born: Your naval wasn’t cut nor were you bathed; no one [cleansed] you with salt; and you weren’t wrapped tightly with [belly] bands.
5 ‘My eye did not feel enough sorrpw for you, to do these things or [show concern], so you were thrown out in the fields. For your life was deformed since the day you were born.
6 ‘Then I came and saw you defiled in your blood, and I said to you amidst all your blood: Now come to life! It was I who said to you in your blood, Now come to life… become many!
7 ‘I made you like [plants] that grow in a field, then you became many and great, and you entered the city of cities. Thereafter, your breasts and your hair both grew full, but you were still naked and indecent.
8 ‘And then I came and beheld you, and look… it was your time, a time for your rest. So, I opened and spread out My wings over you, and your indecency [and shame] I then covered. Then I swore to you with an oath, and entered a Sacred Agreement with you, says Jehovah, and that’s when you became Mine. 9 ‘Then I bathed you in water and washed off your blood, and oil I used to anoint you. 10 In colored clothes I then dressed you; I tied a blue cloth around you; then in linen I wrapped you, and placed a braided belt [on your hips]. 11 I decked you with ornamentation; I put bracelets around [both] your [wrists], and a necklace I put ‘round your neck. 12 I gave you a ring for your nose, as well as disks for your ears, and a crown of boasting for your head. 13 ‘You were adorned in silver and gold; your wraps were the finest of linen, as were your braids and colored clothes. You ate the finest of flour, as well as honey and olive oil. So, you became exceedingly [great], and you prospered as though you’re a [queen]. 14 A among the nations, your name became famous, and this was true of your beauty, for I had made your beauty complete… it was I who ordered it for you, says Jehovah.
15 ‘And on your beauty you then relied, and you gave away [sex] because of your name… to him you poured it out on the roads. 16 You [ripped] your clothes to make strings, to tie all your idols together, and then you did immoral things with them. So, there’s no way that you may [return], nor should you ever do so. 17 ‘Then you took the things about which you boast, including the gold and the silver I gave you, and with it made idols with whom you had sex. 18 Then you dressed them in your colored clothes, and set My oil and incense before them. 19 ‘You took the bread loaves I gave you – the fine flour, olive oil, and honey that I fed you – and before their faces you set them, as a pleasing scent and aroma. Yes, thus it was so, says Jehovah. 20 ‘Then you took the sons and the daughters you bore, and sacrificed these to [your gods], until [they all] were consumed, and immoral you continued to be. 21 Yes, to pacify [idols] you killed them… to them you gave all your children. 22 And this is even much worse, than your disgusting things and your being immoral.
‘You forgot the days of your youth, when you were indecent and naked, and you lived befouled in your blood. 23 And now that you’ve done all your evil, woe, woe upon you, says Jehovah! 24 ‘For, you’ve built a whorehouse for yourself, and posted signs in the squares. 25 You’ve built them on every corner, and in these you’ve wasted your beauty. Between your legs you’ve led all who would pass. Then made your immorality much worse, 26 for you’ve also had sex with the sons of Egyptians… with the flesh of those who live next door! And these many ways that you’ve been immoral, were so you could lead Me into a rage. 27 ‘So, {Look!} against you I’ll stretch My hand, and I’ll lift away all your Laws, and give you to those who detest you… to the daughters of the Philistines… those who turned you to your godless ways. 28 ‘With Assyrias’s sons You also had sex, but this brought you no satisfaction… yes, you had sex, but it wasn’t enough. 29 So, with the land of CanaAn you had sex, as well as with the Chaldeans, but with them you found no satisfaction. 30 ‘O what will I do to your heart, asks Jehovah, as you are doing these bad things… the works of a woman who’s known as a whore? Why, you’ve even had sex with your daughters! 31 ‘In every square you’ve built your whorehouses, but you don’t act as the madam! 32 An adulterous wife is what you are like; one whose husband acts as her pimp! 33 ‘Why, you pay those to whom you offer you sex… you’ve paid wages to all of your lovers, as inducements for them to stay near, and engage in all of your whoring! 34 ‘Your perversions are worse than [all] other women, for in whoring you’ve had sex with other whores. Why, you paid them (they didn’t pay you), so what you have done is perversion! 35 ‘Because of this, O you whore; Hear the word of Jehovah! 36 [He] says: Because you paid them with your copper coins, your shame will soon be uncovered… your whoring with all of your lovers, as well as your evil thoughts… your lawless deeds and your children’s blood, which you offered to them. 37 ‘Because of this; Look! I will gather your lovers against you, and mix among them all whom you’ve hated. Together I’ll bring them against you, until they have you surrounded. I’ll uncover your evils before them, and then they’ll all see your shame. 38 ‘I’ll punish you with what’s due an adulteress, for I will pour out your blood. In [My] rage and zeal I’ll appoint you for blood, 39 and then to them, I’ll then hand you over… and they’ll cut your whorehouses to the ground. They’ll demolish your base and rip off your clothes… they’ll take all the things that you boast of, and leave you indecent and naked. 40 ‘Against you they will lead mobs, who’ll stone you with rocks and stab you with swords. 41 Then they’ll burn your whorehouses with fire… they will wreak vengeance upon you, there before crowds of other women.
‘But I’ll turn you away from your whoring, and from the wages you paid your lovers… 42 I will slacken My rage against you, and remove the zeal that I once had for you… I will rest and be anxious no more. 43 ‘Because you forgot the days of your youth, and caused me to fret over such things, {Look!} I’ll bring them down on your head, says Jehovah, and then you’ll no longer be godless. 44 ‘Against you, they have said this: As is the mother, so is the daughter; 45 and you are truly your mother’s daughter… she who’s divorced from her husband, and she who abandoned her children (all of your sisters and brothers)… those whom she pushed away, along with their husbands and children. ‘For, an Amorite was your father, and your mother a Hittite; 46 your older sister is Samaria, whose daughters have lived to your left. Your younger sister who lives on your right (along with all of her daughters), is Sodom. 47 In their ways you have followed, and all their lawless deeds you have done, so their ways are now better than yours! 48 ‘As I live, says Jehovah; Has your sister Sodom (she and her daughters) acted like you and your daughters? 49 The sin of Sodom your sister was pride. For, though she had plenty of bread (and she and her daughters had more than enough), this thing [was true] among them: They offered no aid to the needy and poor. 50 They bragged and broke laws before Me. And as you saw, I removed them! 51 ‘Yet, Samaria didn’t sin with half of your sins, for you’re now more lawless she; and all the lawless things that you’ve done, declare your sisters more righteous. 52 ‘So, you must carry your torment! For, you’ve corrupted your sisters with your sins… with lawlessness that is worse than even theirs, making them look much better than you. So, be ashamed and accept your dishonor, for it’s you who made your sisters look better. 53 ‘So I’ll remove from them their rejection – the rejection of Sodom and her daughters – and I’ll remove the rejection of Samaria, as well as that of her daughters, and I’ll remove you from their midst....

Now consider the reaction of the Holy Ones, Apostles, and prophets concerning the fall of Babylon from Revelation 18:20.

20 ‘O heaven, you Holy Ones, you Apostles and Prophets; Rejoice over her, because God’s judgment has brought revenge upon her for your sakes!’

The fact that the word REVENGE is used for what was done to the Holy Ones, Apostles, and prophets tells the reader that Babylon was guilty of offending the Holy Ones, Apostles (word means sent one), and prophets. Does the Bible identify the actual culpret that did the offending of the sent ones from God? YES! In light of that fact, let us pay attention to Matthews words in the 23rd chapter.

29 ‘Woe to you scribes and Pharisees – hypocrites – because you build places to bury dead Prophets and decorate the tombs of the righteous, 30 then say, If we had lived back in the days of our forefathers, we wouldn’t have shared in [spilling] the blood of the Prophets. 31 But when you say this, you testify against yourselves that you are the sons of those who murdered the Prophets… 32 and now, fully measure up to your ancestors! 33 ‘Snakes and children of vipers; How can you escape the judgment of the garbage dump? 34 Look! I’m sending you Prophets, wise men, and writers, whom you will kill; and you’ll hang some on poles, while you’ll whip others in your synagogues and persecute them from city to city. 35 And then you will become responsible for all the righteous blood that was spilled on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of ZechariJah (the son of BarachiJah), whom you murdered between the Holy Place and the Altar. 36 I tell you the truth; All that [guilt] will be laid on this generation! 37 ‘O Jerusalem, Jerusalem… you killer of Prophets and stoner of those who were sent to you! How often I wanted to gather your children together the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you didn’t want it. 38 Look! Your house has been taken from you!

Pretty powerful evidence against Jerusalem..............

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought about this myself today because of another topic came up at work.

I have always thought, and I do not know why, that Rev 18 speaks about America. Let me say this very clearly however....I have not studied this AT ALL....this is by no means a presumption, only a simple thought thrown out. I would never want anyone to take me seriously unless I do some intense study.

With that said, America as we know it seems to fit the bill to a tee. But I only make mention of it to throw it out there for some that might have studied this before?

I get the whole idea of context and writing styles and such, but this is a book of prophecy, not a epistle of instruction. Those things may have been written back then, but they were meant to apply to those who the end of the ages will come upon. So, that means they might have been taken one way back then, but we know because the end has not yet come, that they still yet speak to a future audience...unless we are that audience.

What I am saying is that although John may have sent this 'book' to people that he knew, the ultimate reason for the writing of it was NOT for them but for those who would come in the future. And so it has to be view as such I believe.

Maybe one day I can sit down and do some prophecy study, but I am hoping to hear some things that others might have to say on the subject. I really do not have much to offer except for perspective and the knowledge from that which I have studied. Above all, I believe that the Spirit of God is essential for ANY understanding of the writings in the book of Revelation.

The Spirit is 'who' John was in when he penned the words. The Spirit is the one who speaks to the Churches. The Spirit is the one who 'took' John to the different visions.

I get the whole idea of context and writing styles and such, but this is a book of prophecy, not a epistle of instruction. Those things may have been written back then, but they were meant to apply to those who the end of the ages will come upon. So, that means they might have been taken one way back then, but we know because the end has not yet come, that they still yet speak to a future audience...unless we are that audience.

What I am saying is that although John may have sent this 'book' to people that he knew, the ultimate reason for the writing of it was NOT for them but for those who would come in the future. And so it has to be view as such I believe.

I agree totally with the statement you made that I placed in bold print, but I believe that the scriptures tell us that it was Paul and John's contemporaries who were the ones that the "end of the ages" came upon. Texts like 1 Cor 10:11 seem to support this view.
John's writing was indeed a prophecy, but the question is to whom and about what time was he speaking? I think it is not only reasonable, but also quite probably that he wrote this book much earlier than 90 AD and prior to the fall of Jerusalem. This book then was extremely meaningful to them as they were able to see through the apocalypic writing the things which would "shortly take place" during their lifetimes.

I saw that there was a thread on this very topic that has been closed. i read through most of it which seemed to claim in a nutshell that Jerusalem (modern and age old zionism) is the Great Whore Mystery Babylon.
It may have gotten closed because it took a turn away from the actual subject too many times.

Also, I have moved this to the proper forum.

Many feel that the RCC as well as "apostate christianity" as a whole fits very well with the descriptions in Revelation, but I believe that Jerusalem circa 1st century fits even better. The language of the OT passages that discuss apostate Judaism uses a lot of the same language as Rev. This is important to point out because the readers who John sent the letter to who were most likely Jews who would have naturally harkened back to the writings of the prophets to help "decode" Revelation.
Well I certainly agree. Revelation is filled with visions, symbols and language that is very similar to the OT.

I agree totally with the statement you made that I placed in bold print, but I believe that the scriptures tell us that it was Paul and John's contemporaries who were the ones that the "end of the ages" came upon. Texts like 1 Cor 10:11 seem to support this view.
John's writing was indeed a prophecy, but the question is to whom and about what time was he speaking? I think it is not only reasonable, but also quite probably that he wrote this book much earlier than 90 AD and prior to the fall of Jerusalem. This book then was extremely meaningful to them as they were able to see through the apocalypic writing the things which would "shortly take place" during their lifetimes.

I have to admit, I wish I were more 'knowledgable' on topics like this. So let me ask a question about your idea of this. At what point does the prophecy go into "intermission" before picking back up at the end of the age? The end of the world as we know it that is.

Where do you see the 'time' we are in now as it relates to the events in the book?

If you were a christian in one of the seven churches who received the book of Revelation, I am sure that you would have immediately recognized mystery Babylon as being Rome. It is inportant to remember that mystery Babylon RULED over all the kings of the earth. Ancient Babylon was like that and Rome was like that and Jerusalem in the first century and since is not like that.

If you were a christian in one of the seven churches who received the book of Revelation, I am sure that you would have immediately recognized mystery Babylon as being Rome. It is inportant to remember that mystery Babylon RULED over all the kings of the earth. Ancient Babylon was like that and Rome was like that and Jerusalem in the first century and since is not like that.

This is clearly wrong. Rome did Not rule over all the kingdoms of the earth.

There where many kingdoms in India, east Asia, central and south America that where never under the rule of the Roman empire at the time of the righting of the book of Revelation.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Just my opinion, starting to look like the USA. :eeeekkk

Rev 19:2 The Scriptures 1998+ (2) “Because true and righteous are His judgments, because He has judged the great whore who corrupted the earth with her whoring. And He has avenged on her the blood of His servants shed by her.â€
Rev 21:8 The Scriptures 1998+ (8) “But as for the cowardly, and untrustworthy, and abominable, and murderers, and those who whore, and drug sorcerers, and idolaters, and all the false, their part is in the lake which burns with fire and sulphur, which is the second death.â€
Rev 22:15 The Scriptures 1998+ (15) “But outside are the dogs and those who enchant with drugs, and those who whore, and the murderers, and the idolaters, and all who love and do falsehood.1 Footnote: 1See 21:27, 2 Thess. 2:11.

I have to admit, I wish I were more 'knowledgable' on topics like this. So let me ask a question about your idea of this. At what point does the prophecy go into "intermission" before picking back up at the end of the age? The end of the world as we know it that is.

Where do you see the 'time' we are in now as it relates to the events in the book?

To be totally honest, I do not know if the time we are in now is even written about on the pages of Revelation any more than the time of 1511 or 1011.

As far as an 'intermission', again I am not sure there is one. Remember that John's vision(s) that he wrote down took place on "the Lord's Day." In scripture the lord's Day or Day of the Lord is often synonymous with a time or times of great judgment. The book may or may not be chronological as it seems to jump around a bit starting from chapter 4 on. It does SEEM that chapter's 21 and 22 are about a time or perhaps more correctly an end of time scenario.

Rome would seem to be mentioned by John here, but not as mystery Babylon IMHO. Rome more likely was represented by the beast that the harlot, (Jerusalem) was riding.

Rome would seem to be mentioned by John here, but not as mystery Babylon IMHO. Rome more likely was represented by the beast that the harlot, (Jerusalem) was riding.
Yes, I agree. One has to remember, the Bible is dealing with God and all His chosen ones and their backsliding and apostasy.

To be totally honest, I do not know if the time we are in now is even written about on the pages of Revelation any more than the time of 1511 or 1011.

As far as an 'intermission', again I am not sure there is one. Remember that John's vision(s) that he wrote down took place on "the Lord's Day." In scripture the lord's Day or Day of the Lord is often synonymous with a time or times of great judgment. The book may or may not be chronological as it seems to jump around a bit starting from chapter 4 on. It does SEEM that chapter's 21 and 22 are about a time or perhaps more correctly an end of time scenario.

But if it has not gone into "intermission" then the whole of the Book had to be fulfilled. That would mean all the way up till the last chapter. Unless of course we are currently in a part of it that is not being spoken of. But that would have complications because it seems that one event was spoken after another, even though it can seem like it does jump around, even still it all intertwines pretty well.

I dunno. maybe one day I will sit down and give it some good thought. I just have not been led to do it yet. But maybe the time is coming when I will?

I know a while back I looked into a 'preterist'(?) view of it, seemed logical, but had some definite errors that could not be avoided. If I remember right they spoke like the book was more or less complete a while back.

Its a metaphor describing all encompassing ideas of negativity such as greed, self-serviance, narcissism, etc. Its not a real woman, or a city, or a concrete noun of any kind. Its an abstract term that covers a wide variety of ideas describing negative qualities of the human nature.

Elijah here: Hay, Someone (don't know who!) sent this to me, I thought that you might find it interesting?"

[Part One]
EARTH'S FINAL WARNING
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CHAOS AWAITS MAJOR CITIES... RESULTING IN THE ENFORCEMENT OF A NATIONAL SUNDAY LAW. "AND THAT NO MAN MIGHT BUY OR SELL, SAVE HE THAT HAD THE MARK, OR THE NAME OF THE BEAST" REV. 13:17.
LIBERTY OF CONSCIENCE DENIED - EVERY PRINCIPLE OF THE CONSTITUTION WILL BE REPUDIATED "AND ALL THE WORLD WONDERED AFTER THE BEAST" REV. 13:3.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]WHO IS THE WOMAN RIDING THE BEAST?[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In prophetic language, the symbol of a Woman represents a church, as we find it in Jeremiah 6:1-2 or Ephesians 5:24-27. Also in the book of Revelation, it is described to us, by the symbol of a "woman" the pure and only church of Christ, that "keeps the commandments of God and has the faith of Jesus" (Rev. 12:6, 13-17; 14:12). Revelation describes another "woman" that is not of Christ, it is a rich, an arrogant, and a persecuting church, as we will see:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet [red] color, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand [the vessels of her rituals] full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: And upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon the Great, the Mother of harlots and abominations of the earth†(Rev.17:4-5).[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints [even though she speaks of peace, she’s murderous & persecuting Dan. 8:23-25], and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration†(Rev. 17:6).[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns†(Rev. 17:7).[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, [historically, Rome has been the city of the seven mountains] on which the woman sitteth†(Rev. 17:9).[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings [world powers at large], which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast [in prophecy, a “beast†is a kingly power, Dan. 7:17,23]. These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast†(Rev. 17:12-13).[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth [to sit means to control through world governments, as we have illustrated in this prophetic narrative], are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues†(Rev 17:15).[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“For God hath put in their hearts to fulfill his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast [an ecclesiastical-political new- world order], until the words of God shall be fulfilled. And the woman [the impure church] which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth†(Rev. 17:17-18).[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Note: With prophetic insight into the future, John was unmistakably hinting that there would be a power that would lust for both political and religious supremacy. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The late Jesuit and Vatican insider, Malachi Martin, wrote, “...he [John Paul II] insists that men have no reliable hope of creating a viable geopolitical system unless it is on the basis of Roman Catholic Christianity.†The Keys of This Blood, page 492.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]WHAT IS HER MARK?[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
“The OBSERVANCE of SUNDAY by the Protestants is an HOMAGE THEY PAY in spite of themselves to the AUTHORITY OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH.†Monsignor Louis Segur, Plain Talk about Protestantism of Today, page 213.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“The Catholic Church, for over one thousand years before the existence of a Protestant, by virtue of her divine mission, changed the day from Saturday to Sunday.†The Catholic Mirror, September, 1893.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Of course the Catholic Church claims that the change was her act... And the act is a MARK of her ecclesiastical authority in religious things.†H.F. Thomas, Chancellor of Cardinal Gibbons. Nov 11, 1895.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“The Church is above the Bible, and this transference of the Sabbath observance is proof positive of that fact.†The Catholic Record, London, Ontario, September 1, 1923.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“We observe Sunday instead of Saturday because the Catholic Church transferred the solemnity from Saturday to Sunday.†Peter Geiermann, CSSR, A Doctrinal Catechism, 1957 Edition, page 50.[/FONT]
John Paul II receives U.N. Secretary General Kofi Annan for a private audience at the Vatican, Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2003.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“We all gather on the day of the SUN...Sunday on which the paschal mystery is celebrated in the light of the apostolic tradition and is to be observed as the foremost holy day of obligation in the universal church.†New Catholic Catechism (1993), pages 582, 583.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

THE FIRST SUNDAY LAW
“The earliest recognition of the observation of Sunday as a legal duty is a constitution of Constantine [the first Roman “church-state†Emperor] in 321 A.D.†Encyclopedia Britannica, Ninth Edition, Article “Sunday.â€[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“FIRST DAY†BIBLE TEXTS[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Millions of conscientious Christians attend church every Sunday, the first day of the week. They do so believing that somewhere, somehow, someone changed the day of worship. Either that, or they aren’t aware that God set aside the seventh day, not the first day of the week, as His holy day. It is true, a change has been made. But by whom? We will discover that God made the Sabbath during the first week of earth’s history. He set it aside as a weekly appointment between man and Himself - as a blessing, a refreshment, the day to especially remember, honor and worship Him as our Creator and King. If God changed His mind about His special appointed day with us, wouldn’t He have recorded so momentous an adjustment in the Bible? There are only eight texts in the New Testament that mention the first day of the week. Please look at them carefully. (Matthew 28:1; Mark 16:1,2; Mark 16:9; Luke 24:1; John 20:1; John 20:19; Acts 20:7, 8; I Corinthians 16:1, 2).[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The first five texts simply state that the women came to the sepulcher early on the resurrection morning, and that Jesus rose from the dead. Now look up John 20:19 in your Bible. It tells us that Jesus appeared to the disciples later on the resurrection day. It says that the reason they were assembled was “for fear of the Jews.†[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]No telling when the Jews might grab them and treat them to the same fate as their Master. They had seen their beloved Master die on Friday. They “returned and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the Sabbath day according to the commandment.†(Luke 23:56) And now they’re hiding with the door shut for “fear of the Jews†(John 20:19). There’s no mention of a change.[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Part Two:

Pope John Paul II's envoy Cardinal Roger Etchegaray, left, meets with the former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein, right, in Baghdad, Saturday Feb. 15, 2003

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The seventh text is Acts 20:7,8. It says,“and upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight. And there were many lights in the upper
chamber, where they were gathered together.â€
This was a night meeting - the dark part of the first day of the week. In the Bible reckoning, the dark part of the day comes before the light part.
“And God called the light Day, and the darkness He called night. And the evening and the morning were the first day†(Gen. 1:5).
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
The dark part comes first. The Bible reckons a day from sunset to sunset. The seventh day begins at sunset Friday evening. The first day begins sunset Saturday evening. Paul is together with his friends on the dark part of the first day of the week which we call today “Saturday nightâ€. This is a farewell get-together. He preaches until midnight until poor Eutychus falls out of the window (Acts 20:9). Verse eleven says that they talked until the break of day, and then Paul departed. Verse thirteen shows that Paul spent that Sunday morning traveling to Assos. There’s nothing here either concerning a change of the Sabbath.

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The New English Bible translates this text like this: “On Saturday night, in our assembly for the breaking of the bread, Paul who was to leave the next day, addressed them, and went on speaking until midnight†(Acts 20:7). The last text that mentions the first day of the week is in I Corinthians 16:1, 2. It says: “Now concerning the
collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye. Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God has prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.â€
Verse three tells us that he will bring the offering to Jerusalem. As he had done in Galatia, so
Paul also requested of those in Corinth to have a collection all ready when he would come to take it to the poor saints in Jerusalem. There’s nothing in the text about a church service, but each person is to “lay by him in store.†The first day of the week was the best time for people to set some money aside, because later in the week, it would be spent. That’s also true today! Paul requested this so “that there be no gathering when I come†(I Corinthians 16:2).

SATURDAY IS THE SABBATH...THE 7TH

DAY... THE LORD’S DAY...Beware of SUNDAY...Counterfeit Sabbath...the mark of the beast that will be enforced as the day of rest and worship by a national Sunday law! Exodus 20:8-11, Ezekiel 20:20, Daniel 7:25, Matthew 12:8, Luke 23:56, Revelation 13:16-17 & 14:7-12.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“The Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day†(Mat. 12:8). “The seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD thy God†(Fourth Commandment, Exodus 20:8-11). “And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James... [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulcher at the rising of the sun...[/FONT][/FONT]
The Pope holds an audience with Prime Minister Tony Blair in the Vatican library on February 22, 2003.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And entering into the sepulcher, they saw a young man...And he saith unto them, be not affrighted; Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: He is risen.†(Mark 16:1-6).[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Everyone knows that Sunday was the resurrection day. “The Sabbath was past†when it dawned. Thus it is evident that the Sabbath is Saturday, the day before Sunday[/FONT]
[/FONT]

(part Three )

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“And that day was the preparation and the sabbath drew on. And the women also, which came with him from Galilee, followed after, and beheld the sepulcher, and how His body was laid. And they returned and prepared spices and ointments; and rested thesabbath day according to the commandment” (Luke 23:54-56).[/FONT]​

President Bush traveled to Rome to meet the Pope.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Notice that Luke, a non-Jewish biblical writer, approximately 37 years AFTER the resurrection of Christ, still called the Sabbath (the seventh day of the week) a Commandment of God.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scripture” (Acts 17:2). “And he reasoned in the synagogue every Sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks” (Acts 18:4). “There remaineth therefore a rest [Sabbath] to the people of God. For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from His” (Hebrews 4:9, 10). “For he spake in a certain place of the[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]seventh day...And God did rest the seventh day from all his works,” “And blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it” (Hebrews 4:4 and Exodus 20:11).[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In the New Testament, there are no fewer than 59 references to the Sabbath. The book of Acts records 84 Sabbaths on which the Apostle Paul and his associates held religious services. Yet there is not ONE word in the entire Bible authorizing Sunday keeping.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“He that saith, I know him, and keepeth NOT his Commandments, IS A LIAR, and THE TRUTH IS NOT IN HIM” (1John 2:4). “If you love Me, KEEP my commandments” (John 14:15). “For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet OFFEND IN ONE POINT, he is GUILTY OF ALL” (James 2:10). The law that the Bible refers to, here, is the law of the TEN COMMANDMENTS, which were written by God’s finger (James 2:8-11, Mathew 5:17- 21, Exodus 31:18, Deuteronomy 10:1-4).[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“And He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up: and, as His custom was, He went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day and stood up for to read” (Luke 4:16). “If thou wilt enter into life, keep the Commandments” (Matthew 19:17). “God blessed the SEVENTH DAY AND SANCTIFIED IT” (Genesis 2:3). “He hath blessed and I cannot reverse it” (Numbers 23:20) “For thou blessest, O Lord, and it shall be blessed for ever” (I Chronicles 17:27).[/FONT]​

French Cardinal Roger Etchegary, representing the Papal envoy, with Yasser Arafat.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven, but he that doeth the will of My Father which is in heaven” (Matthew 7:21). “Many will say to Me that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy Name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: Depart from me, ye that work iniquity” (Matthew 7:22, 23).[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain; and it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before Me, saith the LORD ” (Isaiah 66:22, 23).[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] According to Colossians 2:14-17, the sacrifices with its ceremonies and rituals as registered in Leviticus 23 and other texts, were nailed [abolished] on the cross. But not the Sabbath of the Fourth Commandment that is Eternal, as indicated in the above Bible verses.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A CALL TO ALL MEN—REVELATION 14[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.” Rev. 14:7. “If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, the same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb.” Rev. 14:9-10.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For many years, we have seen Sunday closing laws on local, state, and municipal levels. Men are forced to close certain kinds of[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]businesses, and are prohibited from some secular activities on the first working day [Sunday] of the week, lest they be fined or imprisoned. And the situation will grow worse in the days ahead,[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name” (Read Rev.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]13:15-17).[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]But there is victory for those who will stand true to the God of heaven, because there is overcoming power for those who will[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.” Rev. 14:12.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Trust and obey, for there’s no other way, to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.”[/FONT]​

_________________________________________________​

Second Coming, did you shoot this to me?? If you did, notice how many Scriptural Word's of 'custom' is used by the Word of God, & then the red flag of warning that these guy's say that they passed on by 'tradition' and never use Scripture for their satanic purposes

This is clearly wrong. Rome did Not rule over all the kingdoms of the earth.

There where many kingdoms in India, east Asia, central and south America that where never under the rule of the Roman empire at the time of the righting of the book of Revelation.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days
My most humble apologies, the word All should not have been included as it is not in the bible. The woman that you saw(mystery Babylon)is that great city that reigns over the kings of the earth. When that was written in Revelation the great city would have most certainly been Rome. The seven heads(of the beast)are seven mountains(hills)on which the woman sits...Rome at that time was a city that sat on seven hills. Babylon of old and Rome were cities that ruled over other nations, so there will be a particular city that will be similar to Rome at the time of the end.

Back