Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Health Nazis And Genesis 9:3

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

JAG ..

The Health Nazis And Genesis 9:3
By JAG
September 27, 2021

God says in Genesis 9:3 , , , ,
"Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you.
Just as I gave you green plants I now give you everything."

Who are the Health Nazis?
They are the Health "experts" who aggressively try to demonize
certain foods that THEY claim will kill you, for example butter,
eggs, and beef..

What about the Old Testament Levitical laws restricting certain
types of foods? Answer: Those laws were ONLY for the nation
of Israel at that particular time in THEIR history. The Lord Jesus
later "declared all foods clean" Mark 7:19
(and again in Acts 10:15.)

So?

So eat animals. And eat their by-products such as milk, butter, eggs,
cheese, etc If eating animals was bad for you, the Sovereign God
would not have put Genesis 9:3 and Mark 7:19 and Acts 10:15 in
the Bible.

Moderation in all things. We don't need to eat 22 ounce rib-eye steaks
every day

We need to eat both plants and animals and their by-products because
of their nutritional value. So eat some of both.

Thoughts?

[]

ribeye9.jpg

I will agree with you on everything here EXCEPT your phrase (and your supporting scriptures) "...at that particular time in THEIR history." The Laws given to National Israel are forever. Are they binding on Gentile Christians? No.

I will agree with you on everything here EXCEPT your phrase (and your supporting scriptures) "...at that particular time in THEIR history." The Laws given to National Israel are forever. Are they binding on Gentile Christians? No.
so the levites are forever ? are Jews required to follow the laws even ones like me who weren't raised in it?

so the levites are forever ?
Absolutely.
are Jews required to follow the laws even ones like me who weren't raised in it?
Yes, as many as can be done, not living in the Land and without a temple and functioning priesthood.
That issue was settled in Acts 15. Gentiles who are believers only have 4 commandments. But per the discussion between Paul and James in Acts 21, that does not apply to Jewish believers.

Absolutely.

Yes, as many as can be done, not living in the Land and without a temple and functioning priesthood.
That issue was settled in Acts 15. Gentiles who are believers only have 4 commandments. But per the discussion between Paul and James in Acts 21, that does not apply to Jewish believers.
so death and sin are not really done away with ?

does the ressurected and perfected need saints and no,I'm not required by the law to be saved under it to offer a lamb to atone .

yup that means the blood atones not the sin atonement by the cross .

I also add that no homosexual or murderer can be atoned by a priest .they must be killed by them

Jesus offered them forgiveness ,if they were to die in sin no way to repent

what of the nations who can't be in Israel and his congregation for 7 generations ?

your focus is on Israel and not what was before and it wasn't Abraham ,Israel will cease as a land ,kinda hard to have a house with a large city lands on jersusalem if taken literally .

even Jews of old believed Israel exists spiritually forever .the idea of gan Eden implies it

so death and sin are not really done away with ?
does the resurrected and perfected need saints and no,I'm not required by the law to be saved under it to offer a lamb to atone .
yup that means the blood atones not the sin atonement by the cross .
You mis understand me. Keeping the Law is not for salvation; it is for national obedience. Everyone is saved the same way - thru faith in the work of our Lord on the cross. Death burial and resurrection of Messiah.

D-D-W
You wrote earlier that the Levitical Priesthood was forever.

As you know, Levites did not inherit land. They were to be ministers among the remaining tribes. Furthermore, not only was Moses and his brother Aaron Levites, but only those of Aaron’s decedents were allowed to minister in the Temple. Aaron was a high Priest and only those of Aaron’s line could become high priests under the Sinai Covenant.

Fast forward to Hebrews 7, and I would encourage you to spend some time in Hebrews.

17 For it is declared:

“You are a priest forever,
in the order of Melchizedek.”[a]
18 The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless 19 (for the law made nothing perfect), and a better hopeis introduced, by which we draw near to God.

The writer of Hebrews says that the former regulations were set aside. He also writes that Jesus is the new high priest. Again, I would encourage you and others to read chapter 7 and study it. The whole book addresses Jews under the new covenant.

We don’t put new wine in old wine skins.

Paul, addressing his Jewish audience in Rome put it this way in Romans 7
Do you not know, brothers and sisters(A)—for I am speaking to those who know the law—that the law has authority over someone only as long as that person lives? 2 For example, by law a married woman is bound to her husband as long as he is alive, but if her husband dies, she is released from the law that binds her to him.(B)3 So then, if she has sexual relations with another man while her husband is still alive, she is called an adulteress.(C) But if her husband dies, she is released from that law and is not an adulteress if she marries another man.

4 So, my brothers and sisters, you also died to the law(D) through the body of Christ,(E) that you might belong to another,(F) to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God. 5 For when we were in the realm of the flesh,[a](G) the sinful passions aroused by the law(H) were at work in us,(I) so that we bore fruit for death.(J) 6 But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law(K) so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.(L

Actually, that is not correct. They were not forever.

Deuteronomy 12:11-16
Then there shall be a place which the LORD your God shall choose to cause his name to dwell there; thither shall ye bring all that I command you; your burnt offerings, and your sacrifices, your tithes, and the heave offering of your hand, and all your choice vows which ye vow unto the LORD: And ye shall rejoice before the LORD your God, ye, and your sons, and your daughters, and your menservants, and your maidservants, and the Levite that is within your gates; forasmuch as he hath no part nor inheritance with you. Take heed to thyself that thou offer not thy burnt offerings in every place that thou seest: But in the place which the LORD shall choose in one of thy tribes, there thou shalt offer thy burnt offerings, and there thou shalt do all that I command thee. Notwithstanding thou mayest kill and eat flesh in all thy gates, whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, according to the blessing of the LORD thy God which he hath given thee: the unclean and the clean may eat thereof, as of the roebuck, and as of the hart. Only ye shall not eat the blood; ye shall pour it upon the earth as water.

Back