Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study The "I AM" Delusion

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

LABrown

THE I AM DELUSION JOHN 8-58

Matt 16:13-17
13 When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, "Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?"
14 So they said, "Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets."
15 He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?"
16 Simon Peter answered and said, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."
17 Jesus answered and said to him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.
John 7:39-43
39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
40 Many of the people therefore, when they heard this saying, said, Of a truth this is the Prophet.
41 Others said, This is the Christ. But some said, Shall Christ come out of Galilee?
42 Hath not the scripture said, That Christ cometh of the seed of David, and out of the town of Bethlehem, where David was?
43 So there was a division among the people because of him.
John 7:51-52
51 Doth our law judge any man, before it hear him, and know what he doeth?
52 They answered and said unto him, Art thou also of Galilee? Search, and look: for out of Galilee ariseth no prophet.
John 8:1-2
1 Jesus went unto the mount of Olives.
2 And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them.
John 8:12
12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
John 8:16-18
16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.
17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.
18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.
John 8:21
21 Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.
John 8:23-24
23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
John 8:28-29
28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.
29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.
John 8:58-59
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.
(KJV)
xxx Jesus was teaching in the temple and they were questioning Him on whether or not He was the Christ. Then they all went home and came back the next day to question Him some more. When Jesus told them: you will die in your sins if you do not believe that I am He. Then in verse 58 Jesus was telling them that even before Abraham that I am . But they picked up stones to throw at Him so they cut Jesus off in the middle of His sentance and Jesus got out of there. Jesus was claiming that" I AM He" the Christ. Jesus was not claiming He was God.
verse 24 and 28 Jesus said it, I am he. Jesus was saying He was the Christ that they were speaking of in John 7-41. But in is obvious why they didnt understand from John 7-39 they havent received the Holy Spirit yet. And even today many do not know the Spirit and get deceived in the verses.

THE I AM DELUSION JOHN 8-58

Matt 16:13-17
13 When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, "Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?"
14 So they said, "Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets."
16 Simon Peter answered and said, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."
17 Jesus answered and said to him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.
John 7:39-43
39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
40 Many of the people therefore, when they heard this saying, said, Of a truth this is the Prophet.
41 Others said, This is the Christ. But some said, Shall Christ come out of Galilee?
42 Hath not the scripture said, That Christ cometh of the seed of David, and out of the town of Bethlehem, where David was?
43 So there was a division among the people because of him.
John 7:51-52
51 Doth our law judge any man, before it hear him, and know what he doeth?
52 They answered and said unto him, Art thou also of Galilee? Search, and look: for out of Galilee ariseth no prophet.
John 8:1-2
1 Jesus went unto the mount of Olives.
2 And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them.
John 8:12
12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
John 8:16-18
16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.
17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.
18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.
John 8:21
21 Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.
John 8:23-24
23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
John 8:28-29
28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.
29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.
John 8:58-59
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.
(KJV)
xxx Jesus was teaching in the temple and they were questioning Him on whether or not He was the Christ. Then they all went home and came back the next day to question Him some more. When Jesus told them: you will die in your sins if you do not believe that I am He. Then in verse 58 Jesus was telling them that even before Abraham that I am . But they picked up stones to throw at Him so they cut Jesus off in the middle of His sentance and Jesus got out of there. Jesus was claiming that" I AM He" the Christ. Jesus was not claiming He was God.
verse 24 and 28 Jesus said it, I am he. Jesus was saying He was the Christ that they were speaking of in John 7-41. But in is obvious why they didnt understand from John 7-39 they havent received the Holy Spirit yet. And even today many do not know the Spirit and get deceived in the verses.
John 8:24 literally reads, "I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am, ye shall die in your sins."

Similarly:

John 8:28 "Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things."

John 13:19 "Now I tell you before it come, that, when it is come to pass, ye may believe that I am."

John 18:5 They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am. And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them.
John 18:6 As soon then as he had said unto them, I am, they went backward, and fell to the ground.

"He" is added into the text in each of these verses, it does not appear in the Greek, just as it is stated in John 8:58. I find it interesting that in 8:58 the Jews picked up stones to stone Jesus immediately after he said "I am," and in 18:5-6, those he spoke to "went backward, and fell to the ground." But, more than that, in 8:58, Jesus is answering the Jews' question, that he is claiming to have seen Abraham and is not yet fifty years old. The question is one of time and chronology and so Jesus's answer is one of time also. That is, he is claiming to have always existed, as the I Am; it is a claim to deity, hence the Jews picking up stones.

I beg to differ

I beg to differ

Sure, but being the Messiah and the Son of God doesn't preclude him from also being deity.

DEITY DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT MEANS?
their are so many that throw around that word deity, I havent met any that can truly define it. But they hold on to it. The definition of deity, is divinity, the definition of divinity is that Jesus is inferior to the supreme God but superior to man.

deity 1 a: often cap : divine nature or rank: the essintial nature of a god or of a supreme being: DIVINITY

di-vin-i-ty 1:the quality or state of being divine: nature or essence of God: GODHEAD (the divinity of Jesus) a celestial being inferior to the supreme God but superior to man<one of the subservient divinities>

xxx This is the deffinition of deity and divinity, Jesus is separate from God.

Acts 17:24-29
24 "God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands.
25 "Nor is He worshiped with men's hands, as though He needed anything, since He gives to all life, breath, and all things.
29 "Therefore, since we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, something shaped by art and man's devising.
(NKJ)
Now Jesus had the Divine Nature of God, but He wasnt God.
We want that same divine nature, but that won't make us God either. We are suppose to be Christ like as Christians. Christ humbled Himself to God and we should do the same. To claim Jesus is God is to deny One of the two Spirits we submit to. And the only Way to the Father is threw the right Son.

Matt 10:33
33 "But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.
(NKJ)

Nobody can know God, unless the real Jesus reveals Him. If you dont know Jesus you cant know God.

Matt 11:27-30
27 "All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.
28 "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
30 "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."
(NKJ)

John 14:28
28 "You have heard Me say to you, 'I am going away and coming back to you.' If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, 'I am going to the Father,' for My Father is greater than I.
(NKJ)

Jesus was claiming that" I AM He" the Christ. Jesus was not claiming He was God.

Jesus Christ is the Lord God; YHWH

His Spirit dwells is those who are His.

But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.
Romans 8:9

• Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

The Spirit of Christ dwelt in the Old Testament prophets.

Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and searched carefully, who prophesied of the grace that would come to you, searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow. 1 Peter 1:10-11

Whenever we see a prophet saying, thus says the Lord, he was speaking by the Spirit of Christ.

Example:

The burden of the word of the LORD against Israel. Thus says the LORD, who stretches out the heavens, lays the foundation of the earth, and forms the spirit of man within him: Zechariah 12:1

We know it was The Lord Jesus Christ, the Son who stretched the heavens and laid the foundation of the earth.

But to the Son He says: “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom. You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”
And: “You, LORD, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth, And the heavens are the work of Your hands.
Hebrews 1:8-19

JLB

Jesus Christ is the Lord God; YHWH

His Spirit dwells is those who are His.

But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.
Romans 8:9

• Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

The Spirit of Christ dwelt in the Old Testament prophets.

Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and searched carefully, who prophesied of the grace that would come to you, searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow. 1 Peter 1:10-11

Whenever we see a prophet saying, thus says the Lord, he was speaking by the Spirit of Christ.

Example:

The burden of the word of the LORD against Israel. Thus says the LORD, who stretches out the heavens, lays the foundation of the earth, and forms the spirit of man within him: Zechariah 12:1

We know it was The Lord Jesus Christ, the Son who stretched the heavens and laid the foundation of the earth.

But to the Son He says: “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom. You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”
And: “You, LORD, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth, And the heavens are the work of Your hands.
Hebrews 1:8-19

Jesus Will Be (Not Is) A God
[Heb 1:1-4
1 God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets,
2 has in these last days spoken to us by [His] Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds;

xxx In the old testament God the Father spoke to the elders through the prophets. But in the new testament God speaks to us by what Jesus says. Because Jesus proved Himself as the heir. Jesus is the reason God made the worlds. God and LORD are spiritual titles of authority. When Jesus proved Himself to God the Father, God gave Jesus the title of Lord(not LORD). And at Jesus' second coming Jesus will carry the title of a God.

3 who being the brightness of [His] glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,
4 having become so much better than the angels, as He has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
5 For to which of the angels did He ever say: "You are My Son, Today I have begotten You"? And again: "I will be to Him a Father, And He shall be to Me a Son"?

xxx God calls Jesus His Son, and says He will be a Father to Jesus.

6 But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says: "Let all the angels of God worship Him."

xxx But when God brings Jesus back into the world (second coming) all the angels will have to worship Jesus. It hasnt happened yet. Only when Jesus comes back at His second coming. And all will submit to Him. Even satan. And Jesus will have the authority and title of a God.

7 And of the angels He says: "Who makes His angels spirits And His ministers a flame of fire."
8 But to the Son [He says]: "Your throne, O God, [is] forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness [is] the scepter of Your kingdom.
9 You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With the oil of gladness more than Your companions."

xxx And Jesus says to the Father.

10 And: "You, LORD, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth, And the heavens are the work of Your hands.
11 They will perish, but You remain; And they will all grow old like a garment;
12 Like a cloak You will fold them up, And they will be changed. But You are the same, And Your years will not fail."
13 But to which of the angels has He ever said: "Sit at My right hand, Till I make Your enemies Your footstool"?
14 Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation?

[1Ti 3:16
[16] And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Preached among the Gentiles, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory.

[Isa 9:6–7
[6] For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
[7] Of the increase of [His] government and peace [There will be] no end, Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom, To order it and establish it with judgment and justice From that time forward, even forever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

This is exactly why you do not interpret the scriptures correctly.
I dont interpret them I quote them.

The Rules Of A Born Again Christian
In Believing

[Jhn 5:37-40
[37] "And the Father Himself, who sent Me, has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time, nor seen His form.
[38] "But you do not have His word abiding in you, because whom He sent, Him you do not believe.
[39] "You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me.
[40] "But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.
[Jhn 7:38
[38] "He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water."
[1Co 4:6
[6] Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
[Rev 22:18-19
[18] For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
[19] and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

xxx The Rules of believing are to find all your answers in the verses. To not even think beyond what is written in the verses. To not add or take away one word in the verses. One Cant pervert the scriptures by quoting them, only by interpreting them.

[Mar 14:21
[21] "The Son of Man indeed goes just as it is written of Him, but woe to that man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed! It would have been good for that man if he had never been born."
1Co 8-5
For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords),
yet for us [there is] one God, the Father, of whom [are] all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom [are] all things, and through whom we [live].

I dont interpret them I quote them.

xxx The Rules of believing are to find all your answers in the verses. To not even think beyond what is written in the verses. To not add or take away one word in the verses. One Cant pervert the scriptures by quoting them, only by interpreting them.
To read the Bible is to interpret it. This is easily seen in the fact you’re quoting verses to support your claims. You wouldn’t quote those verses if you didn’t think they were saying something specific.

John 8:24 literally reads, "I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am, ye shall die in your sins."
The KJV of the bible I use has the word "he" at the end.
Which version of the KJV are you using?
Similarly:

John 8:28 "Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things."

John 13:19 "Now I tell you before it come, that, when it is come to pass, ye may believe that I am."

John 18:5 They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am. And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them.
John 18:6 As soon then as he had said unto them, I am, they went backward, and fell to the ground.

"He" is added into the text in each of these verses, it does not appear in the Greek, just as it is stated in John 8:58. I find it interesting that in 8:58 the Jews picked up stones to stone Jesus immediately after he said "I am," and in 18:5-6, those he spoke to "went backward, and fell to the ground." But, more than that, in 8:58, Jesus is answering the Jews' question, that he is claiming to have seen Abraham and is not yet fifty years old. The question is one of time and chronology and so Jesus's answer is one of time also. That is, he is claiming to have always existed, as the I Am; it is a claim to deity, hence the Jews picking up stones.
OK, thanks.
The "he" at the end doesn't make much of a difference to me though.

To read the Bible is to interpret it. This is easily seen in the fact you’re quoting verses to support your claims. You wouldn’t quote those verses if you didn’t think they were saying something specific.
You really do alot of guessing. I quote those verses because I know the Holy Spirit only quotes new testament verses, and I walk after the Spirit.
[Gal 5:25 NKJV]
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

1 God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets,
2 has in these last days spoken to us by [His] Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds;

xxx In the old testament God the Father spoke to the elders through the prophets.

If you would have kept going in Hebrews you would have seen the truth.

God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds; who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, having become so much better than the angels, as He has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
For to which of the angels did He ever say:
“You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You”?
And again:
“I will be to Him a Father,
And He shall be to Me a Son”?
But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says:
Let all the angels of God worship Him.
And of the angels He says:
“Who makes His angels spirits
And His ministers a flame of fire.”
But to the Son He says:
“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”
And:
You, LORD, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth,
And the heavens are the work of Your hands.
Hebrews 1:1-10

According to God the Father, the Son laid the foundation of the earth and the heavens are the work of His hands.

This passage in Hebrews about angels and the Son of God is referring to the Hebrew mystery of the Angel of the Lord.

The prophets spoke by the Spirit of Christ, who is God.

Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow. 1 Peter 1:10-11

Here we see the Spirit of Christ speaking through the mouth of Zechariah, proclaiming that He, Christ, stretched out the heavens, and laid the foundation of the earth. This work is the work of the Son, according to Hebrews 1:8-10

The Angel of the Lord is the Son of God, as is Himself God.

JLB

Your whole argument seems to henge on this one verse.

“You, LORD, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth,
And the heavens are the work of Your hands. Hebrews 1:1-10
LORD God Made Jesus Lord-Not LORD Or God
LORD Old Testament The Father.. Lord New Testament Jesus.

[Act 2:36, 39
[36] "Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ." ...
[39] "For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call."

xxx God put many stumbling blocks in scripture. And the scribes stumbled at them. But those who learn from the Holy Spirit will see the stumbling blocks. Because the Holy Spirit will be there giving them verses in between the verses they are reading. The scribes are those who do the writings to put the Word of God on paper. There are two Lords, one is LORD God and the other is Lord Jesus. But many times the scribes will put Lord when it should be LORD. No one can have the deeper meaning of scripture without the Holy Spirit quoting verses to them to show them the difference. LORD God does all the calling of people.

[Mar 12:38
[38] Then He said to them in His teaching, "Beware of the scribes, who desire to go around in long robes, [love] greetings in the marketplaces,
[Luk 20:46
[46] "Beware of the scribes, who desire to go around in long robes, love greetings in the marketplaces, the best seats in the synagogues, and the best places at feasts,

[Heb 5:6, 8-10
[6] As [He] also says in another [place]: "You [are] a priest forever According to the order of Melchizedek"; ...
[8] though He was a Son, [yet] He learned obedience by the things which He suffered.
[9] And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him, [10] called by God as High Priest "according to the order of Melchizedek,"
[Mat 4:10
[10] Then Jesus said to him, "Away with you, Satan! For it is written, 'You shall worship the LORD your God, and Him only you shall serve.' "
[Mat 22:37
[37] Jesus said to him, "'You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.'
[Mar 12:29-30
[29] Jesus answered him, "The first of all the commandments [is]: 'Hear, O Israel, the LORD our God, the LORD is one. [30] 'And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.' This [is] the first commandment.
[Mar 16:19
[19] So then, after the Lord had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God.

[1Co 8:9
[9] But beware lest somehow this liberty of yours become a stumbling block to those who are weak.
[Rom 9:32-33
[32] Why? Because [they did] not [seek it] by faith, but as it were, by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumbling stone.
[33] As it is written: "Behold, I lay in Zion a stumbling stone and rock of offense, And whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame."

[1Co 8:5-7, 9
[5] For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords),
[6] yet for us [there is] one God, the Father, of whom [are] all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom [are] all things, and through whom we [live].
[7] However, [there is] not in everyone that knowledge; for some, with consciousness of the idol, until now eat [it] as a thing offered to an idol; and their conscience, being weak, is defiled. ...
[9] But beware lest somehow this liberty of yours become a stumbling block to those who are weak.

[Jhn 6:44-45
[44] "No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.
[45] "It is written in the prophets, 'And they shall all be taught by God.' Therefore everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to Me.
[Jhn 6:65-68
[65] And He said, "Therefore I have said to you that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father." [66] From that [time] many of His disciples went back and walked with Him no more.
[67] Then Jesus said to the twelve, "Do you also want to go away?"
[68] But Simon Peter answered Him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.

xxx The Jews cant see this truth because they dont learn from the Holy Spirit, and they dont purge their carnal minds from the old testament.

[Rom 11:7-10
[7] What then? Israel has not obtained what it seeks; but the elect have obtained it, and the rest were blinded.
[8] Just as it is written: "God has given them a spirit of stupor, Eyes that they should not see And ears that they should not hear, To this very day."
[9] And David says: "Let their table become a snare and a trap, A stumbling block and a recompense to them.
[10] Let their eyes be darkened, so that they do not see, And bow down their back always."

[Jhn 3:34–36
[34] "For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure. [35] "The Father loves the Son, and has given all things into His hand.
[36] "He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."

xxx In the old testament God the Father spoke to the elders through the prophets. But in the new testament God speaks to us by what Jesus says. Because Jesus proved Himself as the heir. Jesus is the reason God made the worlds. God and LORD are spiritual titles of authority. When Jesus proved Himself to God the Father, God gave Jesus the title of Lord(not LORD). And at Jesus' second coming Jesus will carry the title of a God.

3 who being the brightness of [His] glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,
4 having become so much better than the angels, as He has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
5 For to which of the angels did He ever say: "You are My Son, Today I have begotten You"? And again: "I will be to Him a Father, And He shall be to Me a Son"?

xxx God calls Jesus His Son, and says He will be a Father to Jesus.

6 But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says: "Let all the angels of God worship Him."

xxx But when God brings Jesus back into the world (second coming) all the angels will have to worship Jesus. It hasnt happened yet. Only when Jesus comes back at His second coming. And all will submit to Him. Even satan. And Jesus will have the authority and title of a God.

7 And of the angels He says: "Who makes His angels spirits And His ministers a flame of fire."
8 But to the Son [He says]: "Your throne, O God, [is] forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness [is] the scepter of Your kingdom.
9 You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With the oil of gladness more than Your companions."

xxx And Jesus says to the Father.

10 And: "You, LORD, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth, And the heavens are the work of Your hands.
11 They will perish, but You remain; And they will all grow old like a garment;
12 Like a cloak You will fold them up, And they will be changed. But You are the same, And Your years will not fail."
13 But to which of the angels has He ever said: "Sit at My right hand, Till I make Your enemies Your footstool"?
14 Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation?

[1Ti 3:16
[16] And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Preached among the Gentiles, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory.

[Isa 9:6–7
[6] For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
[7] Of the increase of [His] government and peace [There will be] no end, Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom, To order it and establish it with judgment and justice From that time forward, even forever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.
Jesus is the creator manifest in the flesh.
See my signature.

1 Tim 3:16
16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen by angels, preached among the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up in glory.
(NKJ)
God was manifested(made known to us by Jesus) that God was in Christ. Justified in the Spirit because God is Spirit. Seen by angels because angels can see Him we cant. Preached among the Gentiles by Jesus and the apostles. Believed on in the world because of all the evidence. Received up in glory because He kept Jesus from sinning.

Answer
You should read these verses very carefully.
Whoever confesses that Jesus is the "Son of God" God abides in him. The Spirit gave me all these verses to help you understand the verse you posted.
I Jn 4:9-15
9 In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him.
10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
12 No one has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us.
13 By this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit.
14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son as Savior of the world.
15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.
(NKJ)
2 Cor 5:18-19
18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation,
19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
(NKJ)
John 17:5-7
5 "And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.
6 "I have manifested Your name to the men whom You have given Me out of the world. They were Yours, You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word.
7 "Now they have known that all things which You have given Me are from You.
(NKJ)

John 14:10-11
10 "Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works.
11 "Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves.
(NKJ)

Mark 15:34
34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?" which is translated, "My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?"
(NKJ)

1 Tim 3:16
16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen by angels, preached among the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up in glory.
(NKJ)
God was manifested(made known to us by Jesus) that God was in Christ. Justified in the Spirit because God is Spirit. Seen by angels because angels can see Him we cant. Preached among the Gentiles by Jesus and the apostles. Believed on in the world because of all the evidence. Received up in glory because He kept Jesus from sinning.

Answer
You should read these verses very carefully.
Whoever confesses that Jesus is the "Son of God" God abides in him. The Spirit gave me all these verses to help you understand the verse you posted.
I Jn 4:9-15
9 In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him.
10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
12 No one has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us.
13 By this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit.
14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son as Savior of the world.
15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.
(NKJ)
2 Cor 5:18-19
18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation,
19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
(NKJ)
John 17:5-7
5 "And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.
6 "I have manifested Your name to the men whom You have given Me out of the world. They were Yours, You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word.
7 "Now they have known that all things which You have given Me are from You.
(NKJ)

John 14:10-11
10 "Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works.
11 "Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves.
(NKJ)

Mark 15:34
34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?" which is translated, "My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?"
(NKJ)
People do not seem to understand that God is Spirit and the Spirit of God, was in Christ Jesus. The invisible is made visible.
The pre-incarnate Jesus, going back to the Old Testament, was in the Rock that Moses struck, and that rock was Christ Jesus. Jesus is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning, and the end. He is the omnipresent invisible God in heaven and God made visible on earth.

Last edited:
People do not seem to understand that God is Spirit and the Spirit of God, was in Christ Jesus. The invisible is made visible.
The pre-incarnate Jesus, going back to the Old Testament, was in the Rock that Moses struck, and that rock was Christ Jesus. Jesus is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning, and the end. He is the omnipresent invisible God in heaven and God made visible on earth.
The Spirit of God was in Jesus. Just like the Spirit of Jesus was still in Jesus when the Spirit of God left Jesus. That is two different Spirits.

[Mar 15:34

Just like the spirit of satan entered Judas Iscariot.

[Luk 22:3
3 Then Satan entered Judas, surnamed Iscariot, who was numbered among the twelve.

Just like you and me have spirits get in us that we must cast out. Emotions.

Back