Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study The Mystery Revealed

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Soul man

The mystery is the same thing as "the mind of Christ" a secret at one time and a mystery hidden from everyone including the Angels of heaven.
When Jesus was approached by Nicodemus, Nicodemus ask a question. Jesus ignoring his question, begins to talk about being "born again" for the first time.
After a short conversation, realizing there is no understanding without the Holy Spirit, Jesus abruptly dropped the subject never to bring it up again.
Why would God hold such a wonderful truth in Himself from, before the foundations of the world, and not reveal it to anyone until His time.
It seems this truth meant so much to the Father He could not share it with anyone, until it was time to bring about this glorious plan.
He alone would reveal it, it would be something he would totally reserve for himself to reveal, he would not depend on no other man.
Have you noticed we can get a lot of things we ask for, we pray for health, a job, finances, family, salvation, but the one thing you cannot get by praying, reading, fasting, giving, or any other method known to man, is "the revelation of the mystery" you get it when your Father gives it to you, Gal. 4:1-2
4 Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all;
2 But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father.

I believe the purpose in this is to deepen our love and know our Father, Christ revelation knowledge reveals the Father.
The scripture says you will cry "Abba Father."
We have this treasure in earthen vessels, the mystery does not have to be searched for as a hidden treasure, it's in you, 2 Cor. 4:7
7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

It has always been there since the moment you believed, but we choose other methods of trying to find this treasure, when it was there all the time, written in plain black and white English in many of the Epistles to be revealed.

Okay, Very good post. I look back at history and I see peoples l that would be considered primitive. A primitive people require a more tedious approach and I believe this is what we see in the Old Testament.

God began with the very first human, Adam He gave Adam, the head of His family under God, He gave the law and in this case it was The Only Law, and all he had to do was to Never eat from the Tree of the Knowledge Good and Evil. the Adamic Law had one, a single rule and he could not keep it, man did not keep it.

What I see in Genesis there is a basic about mankind. Man in the Garden is either a primitive Being at his creation or he was and is a Rebellious Critter, personally, until God corrects me, I'm going that we have a tendency for both.

If the Bible had, just, these three chapters we should be certain we need to follow Jesus and to obey Him but, even when we come into the Church Family, moststilldo not trust Him.

What I see in Genesis there is a basic about mankind. Man in the Garden is either a primitive Being at his creation or he was and is a Rebellious Critter, personally, until God corrects me, I'm going that we have a tendency for both.

I would agree, and you bring a good point. Remember when Adam fell he was innocent, no sin, no nature to lure him away, as far as I can tell.
So man in his innocence cannot even keep one little law, one commandment that said don't do it.
He did it anyway, of course he may have had some help from the serpent, but basically he chose to do it.
I think our point in case is; man in himself cannot please God period.
We know creating man pleased God because He said it is good, but the pleasing of the Father has to be Christ in us, don't you think.

Nicodemus, like the called disciples, could only understand with their carnal minds that Jesus came to them as a prophet teacher sent by God as it was still hidden from them that Jesus was the Son of God.

John 2:1-11 The wedding in Cana in Galilee was the first miracle Jesus did with the wine and the water. Notice in John 2:4 Jesus tells his mother mine hour is not yet, meaning the hidden secrets of God were not yet ready to be revealed. Jesus brings his disciples to the wedding to show them the wonders and glory of God through the renewal of the water (word) and the new best wine (Holy Spirit). It was then Mary and the disciples believed on Him, but yet the hidden mystery of who He is was not yet revealed.

Matthew 16:13-20 Jesus asked His disciples who men thought He was and men thought Him to be only a prophet. When Jesus asked Peter who He was it was revealed to him by God that Jesus truly is the Son of God, but other than that the rest of the hidden mystery would not be revealed yet as it was not yet the hour that would come.

Matthew 26:34 Jesus told Peter that before the night was over that Peter would deny Him three times. We read in vs 69-75 that Peter did deny Jesus three times as again the hidden mystery had not been revealed by God, but the hour was now at hand that it would soon be revealed to all the Disciples. Jesus had to ascend up to the Father so the Holy Spirit could be brought down to finally indwell and reveal the hidden mysteries of God which were the teachings of Christ for now their Spiritual eyes and ears were opened for knowledge and understanding, Acts 1:1-11.

John 20: 29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

I thought this was the mystery as Christ Jesus was hidden by God before this time=>Surely you have heard about the administration of God’s grace that was given to me for you, 3that is, the mystery made known to me by revelation, as I have already written briefly. 4In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, 5which was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God’s holy apostles and prophets. 6This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.

Nicodemus, like the called disciples, could only understand with their carnal minds that Jesus came to them as a prophet teacher sent by God as it was still hidden from them that Jesus was the Son of God.

Yes until the day of Penecost, and the HolySpirit was poured out on all flesh, man could not understand spiritual things of God.
Everything was based on the outer, the Spirit of God moved on men to do a particular thing, but was not in this world like He is today.
His main ministry is a teacher, He reveals the things of God.
Jesus told us what the Spirit would do when He came, He would be the revealer, the teacher of Christ in you.
He would not speak of Himself, but reveal Christ to the believer.
A good way to differentiate the HolySpirit from the Spirit of Christ is, when you see action in a verse it is the HolySpirit that brings action, such as leading, guiding, drawing man to Christ.
The Spirit of Christ is always referred to as being, He just is.
In Him we live and move and have our being. You just are because of Christ, no action just absolute stability in Christ.
That is the power of the HolySpirit that comes to reveal these truths.
The HolySpirit is elusive , some times you can feel like you're going to be raptured out our emotions are so high, and times He seems to be a million miles away. That is the HolySpirit, Paul talks about being filled with the Spirit, why because He does not always seem to be there, though He is.
I know it doesn't seem like much, some may mix things and some don't even believe in the Trinity but it will very important to the growth of the believer.
John chapters 14,15, and 16 gives us a good understanding of how the HolySpirit is going to handle believers.

I thought this was the mystery as Christ Jesus was hidden by God before this time=>Surely you have heard about the administration of God’s grace that was given to me for you, 3that is, the mystery made known to me by revelation, as I have already written briefly. 4In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, 5which was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God’s holy apostles and prophets. 6This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.

Yes we do have many prophecies of a coming Messiah, the savior of the world.
Along with all the blessed types and different ways the Old Testament presents jesus.
The lineage, how God had to work through many generations to get to one little girl that would bring forth this wonderful plan of salvation.
But it is not written in the old testament that God was going to take a part of himself, Christ the only begotten son, and through a miraculous birthing He would be the only life, and nature of everyone that looked to him, to the cross for salvation.
The words born-again have been thrown around by so many people, not just believers, but many people use those words, and they have become meaningless at times.
The main reason I like to use the word birthing is because it pinpoints something that has happened, literal birthed, bonafide offspring of the Father.

Many do not understand the indwelling of the Holy Spirit within them given at the time of the Spiritual rebirth of John 3:5-7 for they have not heard the preaching that there even is a Holy Spirit today.That was me many years ago. The Holy Spirit is only quiet to those who do not acknowledge the indwelling within them that wants to reveal all the mysteries of God that He wants revealed in us. John 14:26

The Spirit of God will only reveal the deeper things of His word to those who will open themselves up to hear Him speak through the indwelling of His Spirit in us.

The Spirit of God will only reveal the deeper things of His word to those who will open themselves up to hear Him speak through the indwelling of His Spirit in us.

Yes, when I was a Holy Ghost preacher, so to speak. I believed It was me that recieved power to do all these works for God.
That is the way it is taught in the Penecostal realm. Man is to recieve this power do do some great ministry for God, just like they did in the Old Testament.
I believed it and tried to make it work, it doesn't work, maybe for a while but nothing sustainable.
The real power is seeing Jesus who is our life, that sustains and establishes a believer for anything in life, including ministry.
There is nothing in life it will not address, it is the fullness of God bodily, in you, that is powerful.
That is how to be used of God, you don't work it up, we don't pray it up (all though we pray), it becomes a part of our daily living, spontaneous life in Christ.
This is the rest the scriptures declare for the believer, like everything else in the word the rest is a person, Christ.
We are to know no man after the flesh, not even Jesus of Narazeth, because the same Christ that was in that Mary body, is now in you.
That is the Jesus we are to know.

Soul man I so agree. I use to have a friend that desired the Holy Spirit as she tried and tried on her own, but to no avail on her own did she ever experience the indwelling. Why, because she was looking at the outward emotional appearance of others actions and not understanding that the Spiritually renewed inner man is where the Spirit of God dwells.

Yes we do have many prophecies of a coming Messiah, the savior of the world.
Along with all the blessed types and different ways the Old Testament presents jesus.
The lineage, how God had to work through many generations to get to one little girl that would bring forth this wonderful plan of salvation.
But it is not written in the old testament that God was going to take a part of himself, Christ the only begotten son, and through a miraculous birthing He would be the only life, and nature of everyone that looked to him, to the cross for salvation.
The words born-again have been thrown around by so many people, not just believers, but many people use those words, and they have become meaningless at times.
The main reason I like to use the word birthing is because it pinpoints something that has happened, literal birthed, bonafide offspring of the Father.
Fathers promise=>I"'In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.
“This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel
after that time,” declares the Lord.
“I will put my law in their minds
and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
34No longer will they teach their neighbor,
or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest,”

How does God write the new covenant on our hearts?

The circumcision of our hearts by the Spirit of Christ as the Spirit was sent in Jesus's name and by Jesus's will. (Jesus baptizes with the Holy Spirit) No one enters the kingdom of God except by Jesus.
A new creation is formed for those who by faith in Christ Jesus have received this indwelling gift of the Spirit. Even Roman soldiers received the same Spirit as the Apostles.
Jesus=>I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one23I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

The mystery was foretold, yes, but understood properly before Jesus came and explained everything?

About the Christ:
"It is too small a thing for you to be my servant to restore the tribes of Jacob and bring back those of Israel I have kept. I will also make you a light for the Gentiles, that my salvation may reach to the ends of the earth."

Yes, when I was a Holy Ghost preacher, so to speak. I believed It was me that recieved power to do all these works for God.
That is the way it is taught in the Penecostal realm. Man is to recieve this power do do some great ministry for God, just like they did in the Old Testament.
I believed it and tried to make it work, it doesn't work, maybe for a while but nothing sustainable.
The real power is seeing Jesus who is our life, that sustains and establishes a believer for anything in life, including ministry.
There is nothing in life it will not address, it is the fullness of God bodily, in you, that is powerful.
That is how to be used of God, you don't work it up, we don't pray it up (all though we pray), it becomes a part of our daily living, spontaneous life in Christ.
This is the rest the scriptures declare for the believer, like everything else in the word the rest is a person, Christ.
We are to know no man after the flesh, not even Jesus of Narazeth, because the same Christ that was in that Mary body, is now in you.
That is the Jesus we are to know.
I understand your point and agree but we are to wait on the Lord even in prayer and we also are to stir up that gift that is within us and not quench the Spirit . Too often imo pentecostal keep trying to plow up the same tired ground or fall into routine when our food is to do the will of the Father, Sometimes one person can offer 2 small fish and 5 small loaves and Jesus can feed the whole crowd with much left over .. We go out and witness, minister and we will worship in spirit and truth, rivers of living water will flow up through us . And when a congregation is or has any who go out and be obedient to the word it will bring their annointing that the whole congregation will be fed and annointed through the presence of the Holy Spirit .. That is my experience so far .. I'm talking about knock'm out drag'm out refreshing from the Lord .. We can hear what the Spirit is saying to the churches ..

Back