Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The name of Mary?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

donadams

Only Jesus Christ: the way, the truth, the life!
Catholicism Overseer
What is meant or implied by the name of Mary!

What does the name of Mary mean to you!

Thanks

Myriam as that is what I recall My dad said ,irc .

I believe the messanic Jews use that name versus Mary .

Heresy is the fruit of pride:
Faithfulness and obedience are the fruit of humility:

Jn 8:32 the truth shall set you free, humility is truth, pride and it’s errors cos bondage and spiritual blindness!

The name of Mary!

The name of Mary is bitter to those in the camp of the heretics but sweetness to those in the communion of saints!

In the camp of heretics there are accusations of sinner, Goddess, Idolatry, False Worship, and Blasphemy:

In the communion of saints the sweetness of salvation.
The mother of our salvation.
Our lady, queen, and advocate.

Song of Solomon 1:2
Smelling sweet of the best ointments. Thy name is as oil poured out: therefore young maidens have loved thee.

Oil in the camp of heretics burns but
In the communion of saints it is healing balm.

Prov 8:35 For who so findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the Lord.

Mary first found favor. Lk 1:30

A similar mystery is found in:
1 Corinthians 1:18
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

This thesis can easily be proven by a simple but ancient prayer:

Sweet heart of Mary, be my salvation!

Or the Hail Mary, full of grace…

Or the Hail holy queen, mother of mercy, our life, our sweetness, and our hope…

It must be an Absurd assertion to say Jesus is only asking John (personal name) to care for Mary?

John 19:26-27
When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son! Then saith has he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

If that’s true (and He never says anything about caring for her) then why would the second part be included? Behold Thy son!

The disciple becomes Mary’s son
Mary becomes his mother.

Is Christ asking Mary to care for John?

Jesus is giving all “disciples” a spiritual mother like eve the mother of the living, Gen 3:20 and Rachel is the spiritual mother of the children of Israel in the old covenant, Matt 2:18 Mary is the mother of all those alive in Christ! Mother of divine grace and salvation! Rev 12:17

At least for those in the new covenant church the communion of saints who have great grace from the mother of our salvation!

I have no intention of accusing anyone here only to inform per Jude 1:3

Blessing from God thru Mary!

All graces come to us they Mary, from God by the merits (blood) of Christ!
Jn 1:16
Of His fullness we have all received, grace for grace!

Found our Salvation Lk 1:30
Consented to our salvation Lk 1:38
Mother of Christ Matt 1:16
Mother of the word Jn 1:1
Mother of our savior Matt 1:21
Mother of our salvation Lk 2:30
Our mother Jn 19:26-27

By Mary’s intercession Christ is presented to be worshipped by the angels, shepherds, and the kings at the stable! Cos Mary found the grace of our salvation! Lk 1:30

Elizabeth filled with the Holy Spirit!

Lk 1:41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

John sanctified in the womb!

Lk 1:15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

Lk 1:44 For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

Zacharias is filled with the Holy Spirit and prophecy!

Lk 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

The wedding couple have wine and not shame!

Jn 2: 10 And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.

The disciples are supplied with faith, hope, and charity!

11 This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Mary found this grace! Lk 1:30
Mary believed for us! Lk 1:45
Mother of our salvation! Lk 2:30

All these blessings from God because of Mary most holy!

A good tree!

Biblical principle:

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Matt 1:21 Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation! This reflects the immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus!
Lk 1:30 Mary found our salvation!
Lk 1:38 consented to our salvation!

A good tree (immaculate conception) Lk 1:49 God has done this and it is marvelous in our eyes!

Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Matt 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

A sinner would be an evil tree with evil fruit, but the fruit of Mary is salvation!

Mary brings in the good fruits of our redemption and salvation!

So Mary CANNOT be a sinner or a bad tree!

Mary’s throne is the throne of divine grace! Heb 4:16

Mary all powerful advocate!
Help of Christian’s!

Mary ever virgin, mother of God, is all powerful in her prayers!

Mary’s prayers are all powerful not cos she is God but because her son is God!

and on becoming man He (Jesus) obeyed his own commandments

you might check out the one that says “honor Thy father and mother”

“My hour has not come”

The time set by almighty God for the public ministry of Christ had not come, Jesus Christ still performed the miracle cos his mother interceded, thus a higher law, “honor thy father and mother” if ANYONE else asked it would NOT have been done!
John 2

and cos of her intercession the disciples believed in Him!
Jn 2:11

Phil 4:13 I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me.

If this applies to his apostles how much more to his own mother?

In praise of Mary!

More you praise the Mona Lisa the more you are praising Leonardo de Vinci!

Do you really think he would be upset to see you paying so much attention to his masterpiece?

Mary is God’s masterpiece!

All love honor reverence or devotion given to Mary is given to God who created her, and Christ who endowed Her “full of grace” Lk 1:28

Praise of Mary and the saints redounds to the Glory of Who created them, Lk 1:49 to Christ who redeemed them, and to the Holy Spirit who sanctified them with graces obtained by the merits of Christ! Source of Grace is Christ! Jn 1:16-17

Mary is the air we breathe!

Just a breathing is a sign of life, so devotion to Mary is a sign of life in Christ, and the spirit!

Mary brought forth with the Holy Spirit the life of the world!

The Holy Spirit filled Her with and grace and prerogatives!

Repetitive prayer verses repeating payers!

Repetitive prayer is forbidden. (to repeat yourself in a single prayer)

But repeating prayer many times is not forbidden, Christ prayed three times, “let this cup pass”!

SUB tuum praesidium!

WE fly to thy patronage, O holy Mother of God; despise not our petitions in our necessities, but deliver us always from all dangers, O glorious and blessed Virgin. Amen.

Hail Mary! Full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women,
Lk 1:28 blessed is the fruit of thy womb, (Jesus) Lk 1:42 Holy Mary, mother of God, Lk 1:43 pray for us sinners, now,
rev 5:8 and at the hour of our death, Matt 24:13 amen!

Lk 1:48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

A Song of thanksgiving to Mary for bringing our salvation!

“All generations / all Christians Must call Her Blessed”!

Pray for us, oh holy mother of God, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ!

Jn 2:4 And Jesus saith to her: Woman, what is that to me and to thee? my hour is not yet come.

Indicating thereby that when His hour does come Mary will have a prominent role to play.

Lk 2:35 (Yea, a sword shall pierce through thy own soul also,) that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.

Back