Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Rapture: Pre-trib, mid or post... what's your opinion

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

jbc092671

I believe that Jesus will Rapture his church to heaven before the tribulation.
Some believe that it will happen during the tribulation. Others believe that the church will have to go through the tribulation and then be raptured to Heaven at the end.

Where do you stand? Pre, Mid or Post?

Some believe that it will happen during the tribulation. Others believe that the church will have to go through the tribulation and then be raptured to Heaven at the end.

I don't have a solid idea, but probably pre is the more solid one I've heard, but I'm not completely sure. Or that Jesus second return will consist of 2 apperances one pre and one post.

Check out Aoc Network on youtube for stuff like this.

This is my understanding of what I have written below as I study the scriptures. Not everyone is going to agree, but let's have a civil discussion on this only giving what you believe without disrespecting the views of others as we well know these types of discussions can become heated. Let's respect the Terms of Service as we discuss this. Thank you.

The word Rapture is not found in scripture as scripture calls it being caught up at the last trump, meaning the seventh trumpet of God, 1 Corinthians 15:51-58; 1Thessalonians 4:13-18, is explained in these verses if you read them for what they say. Rev 14:6-20 is the precursor for the catching up of the saints that makes up the true body of Christ. This is separating the wheat from the tares or in other words saints from sinners as sinners being those who have taken the mark of the beast in Rev 13. Christ is sending the angels to separate the wheat from the tares to protect His own in safety from the seven vial judgments that will take place, Rev 15:1-8; 16:1-21.

After mystery Babylon is revealed and then destroyed, Rev Chapters 17, 18, heaven rejoices her destruction as the beast and false prophet are cast into the lake of fire. It is not until we read in Rev 19 of Christ second coming as we, His Bride, have prepared ourselves, those in the grave and we that are still alive, to be caught up together to the clouds and given our new glorified bodies as we are arrayed in fine linen, clean and white then meet Christ in the air, Matthew 24:29-31; 1Thessalonians 4:13-18. We are then joined to our Groom (Jesus) for the marriage supper (union) of the Lamb and His Bride. Fine linen means we are now arrayed in Gods righteousness.

Rev Chapters 19, 20 we the saints of God then come down to earth with Him as Jesus plants His feet on the Mount of Olives, Zechariah 14:4, to fight the final battle as He smites the nations and now rules over them. Jesus then binds Satan for a time (I don’t believe in a literal 1000 years, but only being symbolic in numbering) as then he will be loosed for awhile to try and attack the saints of God that are encamped in Gods protection. Jesus will then cast Satan into the lake of fire with the beast and the false prophet that has caused a great falling away, 2 Thessalonians 2:3. Then comes Gods final judgment on those who have rejected Christ and they are then cast into the lake of fire for their names were not found written in the Lambs Book of Life, Rev Chapter 20. Heaven and earth are restored and the New Jerusalem is ushered down and we are with the Lord for eternity.

(Reference:)

Genesis Chapter 49; Deuteronomy 31:28-30; Jeremiah 30:18-24; Daniel 12:1-4; Matthew 24:21-31; 25:31-33; John 6:37-40; Revelation 14:11-16

(Reference to symbolic numbering of 1000) - Deuteronomy 7:9; 1Chronicles 16:15; Psalms 50:10; 90:4; 105:8 Ecc 6:6; 7:28; Daniel 5:1; 2Peter 3:8.

The word Rapture is found nowhere in any scripture or in any concordances or Bible dictionaries. Some people have taken the transliterate word of the Greek, Harpazo, to mean Rapture, but the definition of this word is:

1. To seize, carry off by force, obtain by robbery

2. To seize on, claim for one's self eagerly

3. To snatch out or away

The Latin word rapio is where the word Rapture came from as it means to be seized or snatched up. No where in scripture does it say we will be seized or snatched up as we are obtained by robbery. We will be caught up to meet the Lord in the air after receiving our new glorified bodies that will be like Jesus and will evermore be with Him on the last day when He returns, John 6:40. It's no secret quiet rapture as many teach as the voice and the sound of a trumpet during the last day will be very loud and every eye will see Jesus return so it doesn't sound like we are seized or snatched up from the earth as God sends His angels out to gather the saints of God from the four corners of the earth, Rev 1:7; 1Thessalonians 4:13-18; Matthew 24:29-31.

This is my understanding of what I have written below as I study the scriptures. Not everyone is going to agree, but let's have a civil discussion on this only giving what you believe without disrespecting the views of others as we well know these types of discussions can become heated. Let's respect the Terms of Service as we discuss this. Thank you.

The word Rapture is not found in scripture as scripture calls it being caught up at the last trump, meaning the seventh trumpet of God, 1 Corinthians 15:51-58; 1Thessalonians 4:13-18, is explained in these verses if you read them for what they say. Rev 14:6-20 is the precursor for the catching up of the saints that makes up the true body of Christ. This is separating the wheat from the tares or in other words saints from sinners as sinners being those who have taken the mark of the beast in Rev 13. Christ is sending the angels to separate the wheat from the tares to protect His own in safety from the seven vial judgments that will take place, Rev 15:1-8; 16:1-21.

After mystery Babylon is revealed and then destroyed, Rev Chapters 17, 18, heaven rejoices her destruction as the beast and false prophet are cast into the lake of fire. It is not until we read in Rev 19 of Christ second coming as we, His Bride, have prepared ourselves, those in the grave and we that are still alive, to be caught up together to the clouds and given our new glorified bodies as we are arrayed in fine linen, clean and white then meet Christ in the air, Matthew 24:29-31; 1Thessalonians 4:13-18. We are then joined to our Groom (Jesus) for the marriage supper (union) of the Lamb and His Bride. Fine linen means we are now arrayed in Gods righteousness.​
The question cannot be answered absent any mention of the nation Israel and God's final dealing with His chosen people .
Not to mention the numerous end time prophecies which specifically make reference to them, Jesus Himself states that the onset of the tribulation will be triggered by the Jews receiving their long awaited Messiah , whom they passed Jesus over for.

Jhn 5:43
I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive

This future Messiah they receive actually being Satan incarnate.

To me if there were no other scriptures that speak about when we are caught up to meet Jesus in the air, this scripture should should be sufficient to answer this question, but many refute what Jesus has said here.

Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

For the longest time I was always a Pre- Tribulation doctrine. I still believe in that being the case.

However seeing Covid-19 and the various things coming to pass makes me question just how much is believers will see before that happens, cause I would have thought Jesus Christ would have called us up by now.

People are dying for their faith in Jesus Christ all over the world, I often ask myself why would I be any different? I guess only time will tell. Either way, I want to be prayed up and ready with my lamp lit.

How about no Trib? The “rapture” verses describe the Resurrection where the dead rise first. The time of great tribulation happened long ago. So good news, it isn’t on the horizon.

Good answer! Would you
like to know more? I found the study extremely exciting and scripture opened up easily and I understood a great deal more of the New Testament. But only if you want to know a different view. I’m not pushing.
Feel free :biggrin

I see a lot of speculations, views and opinions, but no scripture to back up what all of you have said so far. Sorry to say, but Christ only returns one time as at that time He will send His angels out to the four corners of the earth to gather His own to Him as we meet Him in the air and will ever more be with Him.

Someone please give me the scriptures where it says Jesus returns twice as these below scriptures say nothing about a pre mid or post, but that Jesus comes on the last day after that of the seventh trumpet sounding. The first six trumpets of God's great wrath has no six year time frame as they are sounded consecutively one after the other with a beginning and an end between each one. The seventh trumpet sounds but has no numbering in days or years, but only to all the events of the 3 1/2 year reign of the son of perdition that will try and ware out the saints forcing them to take the mark of the beast or die a martyr's death. At the end of the 3 1/2 years then we will see the sign of Christ coming in the clouds as we are then caught up to meet Him in the air.

Matthew 24:29-31, 36-39; John 5:28-29; John 6:39-40; 1 Corinthians 15:51-58; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; Rev 19:11-21

BTW, I was taught the pretrib rapture theory and use to believe in those teachings, but could not find it in scripture as the word of God says we will go through the tribulations in the end of days if we are still alive, but that we are not to fear that which must come first, but to stand in the greatest faith we will ever know and trusting in the Lord not fearing what man can do to us, Matthew 10:28. This will be the greatest time to bare witness and testify of Christ Jesus that prayerfully many will turn back to Him before the door of God's salvation is closed for ever when Jesus returns for His own.

I will pm you. There are those in power who would otherwise delete every post I wrote on the subject. Understanding all positions is not of value, just the one they hold. All others should be silenced. Have some matters to attend to but I won’t forget.
That is not true of you to say that as everyone has their right to believe what they want. If others disagree with you/me by using scripture then so be it. The staff does not delete the views or opinions of others, but ask that all members grant others the courtesy to be understood and acknowledge their views, ToS 1.1, and to address the issue not the person, 1.3.

Please do not reply to this as I will not respond.

As we see from scripture, the resurrection and rapture occur at the coming of the Lord.

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 1 Thessalonians 4:15

The resurrection and rapture both occur at His coming.

The resurrection of the dead in Christ occurs on the last day.

JLB

I stand with neither, we shall gather back to Christ but ain't nobody going to Heaven unless they die before the return of Christ , .He comes here and stays here from His return on , all the way to the rejuvenation of this earth

My question to you is, what is the tribulation ?

Back