Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Rapture

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

MickeyDD

There are many today who don't believe in a rapture. Yes the word is in the Latin Vulgate but the original Greek meaning is "caught up" or "snatched away".
Part 1. THE RAPTURE
I was in church one Sunday and during a worship song, being sung in a language I don’t speak or understand, it came to my mind that in the coming months things will become very difficult. An instant later I heard in my mind “prepare your heart”. I did not know where that came from and couldn’t think of any scripture with that exact phrase. And by chance and accident I found myself studying the rapture and certain parables. All the commentaries and expositions repeatedly used a certain phrase. You guessed it, “prepare your heart, preparedness of heart.
The Blessed Hope:
It’s what life is all about; an absolutely stunning event is coming and it will soon take place. An event that cannot be denied by clever detractors or vain philosophical rhetoric.
It may seem strange to most that at some unknown conjecture in time true believers in Christ will be taken up; snatched out of this world (or dimension as we know it) into another realm. It is the blessed hope.
At the last supper Christ made a fascinating promise.
Let not your heart be troubled: you believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. (Jn 14:1-3)
Without question this statement is profound. Jesus knew that He would have to leave before the Holy Spirit would come and be given. Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. (Jn 16:7). It’s interesting to realize the opposite will occur before Jesus can return. Let that sink in. the indwelling Holy Spirit will be withdrawn when Jesus returns. What does that mean? The church, the body of Christ, indwelt with the Holy Spirit will be taken away. Another fact disclosed is that we will actually have a specially tailored environment prepared by Christ. If God prepared the world as we know it in six days, we can’t begin to grasp what’s in heaven. But as it is written, since the beginning of the world Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, neither has it entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that wait on Him...for them that love Him. Read 1 Kings 10 here
I will come again and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there you may be also. This is the most important thing in all of life and the source of all our joy.
It is important to understand there is a Jewish wedding tradition at play here. The ancient Jewish wedding ceremony is linked to the language of Jesus teaching. It’s regrettable that the Jewish roots of Christianity have been lost due to the anti – semitic mind set of the early and continuing Catholic church. We have lost a lot of scriptural perception as a result. The Jewish wedding celebration and ceremonies of the first century were quite different from our modern understanding.
The marriage started with the betrothal (ketubah) initiated by the bridegroom and established the marriage covenant. The (mohar) – was a price negotiated to purchase his bride. Just as the church is the purchased possession bought with a price, the blood of Christ. You were sealed with the holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession (Eph 1:13b, 14a). once the price was paid the bride was set apart (sanctified…. positional sanctification) for her bridegroom. As a symbol of the covenant relation established the groom and bride drank from one cup of wine. It should be noted after the groom drank and presented the cup to the bride it was at this point she could accept or refuse by not drinking from the cup. This sealed the covenant.
It is most interesting that the bride must start a ritual of purification (mikvah) within four days before the wedding. It was a ritual of immersion in water as part of a physical and spiritual preparation of the wedding ceremony.
After the betrothal ceremony the bridegroom would go to his father’s house and prepare a room for her. This often involved construction. After the room was prepared a feast would be prepared. And all during this time he remained apart from her. Though not married yet they are committed by a covenant. The bride does not know when he will return. When the time comes, he leaves his fathers house accompanied by the best man and the male attendants usually a torch lit procession to retrieve his bride. Preceding his coming, there would be blowing of shofar’s and a shout, “the bridegroom is coming”! She is to be prepared ready to go with him in her wedding attire even though she doesn’t know the exact time of his return. She is actually picked up and carried to the fathers’ house on a palanquin, her feet never touching the ground. The bride and groom would then enter the bridal chamber and remain seven days during the wedding feast. When they came out, the brides’ veil was now removed for all to see her, the wedding celebration continued seven more days.
This is important to understand that this is the context of Jesus parable of the 10 virgins.
Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. And five of them were wise, and five were foolish. They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them: But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept. And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps. And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out. But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves. And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut. Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. But he answered and said, Truly I say unto you, I know you not. (Matt 25:1-12)
The parable Jesus told involves wedding preparations and a warning. It's easy to see more into this parable and symbolize things not there. But what is pointed out is…..
10 virgins – representing expectant Christian community (the church) Even though commentators warn not to consider the number of unprepared virgins it is alarming to see half were not prepared and should be noted.
The bridegroom delays (tarries)
Overriding theme – preparedness, even in face of long delay.
It’s not that the foolish didn’t bring oil, it’s that they didn’t bring enough. The main theme stresses preparedness for the coming. More than a passive watchfulness is required, there must be behavior acceptable to the master. It must be pointed out that the foolish had no vessels to be constantly replenishing oil in the lamp.
At midnight the cry rang out! Midnight is the symbol for the climax of eschatology. The bridegroom comes, the wise enter and the door is shut. The cries of the foolish are to no avail because this is the consummation of the age. They even desired and were waiting to enter the kingdom but never prepared their heart. Ponder the solemn words “I know you not”. It is the question of the union of the life with Christ. The distinction is between worldly Christian’s of now and then devotion and consistent, habitual devotion that endures the test; not always seen or heard in outward appearance, but a deep abiding within the heart of watching and anticipating the coming of our Lord and savior!

Part 2. Relation of the two parables in Matthew 25
The first (parable of 10 virgins) represents church as waiting. It is first because the inner life of the Christian should be cared for first before serving. The outer life entirely depends on it.
Teaching – preparedness, an heart issue. Keep your heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life. Pro 4:23
Shows need and necessity of constant supply of inward grace.
[BE WISE]
The second (parable of talents) represents church as serving. Working for her Lord. There is a need of outward activity in the believer’s life. It is unfortunate that the local church actually hinders this today. Some notable points are:
The “at once” or “immediately” actually refers to the promptness the good servant put the money to work without any delay.
Praise given – mainly to his faithfulness
He enters into the joy of his Lord and given more responsibility (position). This must be realized in relation to believer’s and Christ.
The wicked servant blames the master. – Grace never excuses slothful passiveness and irresponsibility. It must be noted that the relation between the servant and master is severed.
Teaching – BE FAITHFUL “be faithful unto death and I will give you the crown of life”.
Command - Do thy work with all diligence

Eschatology and Ecclesiology
Eschatology – the study of end times as related to the Bible, prophetic in nature. Ecclesiology – the study of the church “the out calling”.
The problem is most students of the Bible fail to merge eschatology with ecclesiology. The position and purpose of the church is fundamental to its destiny in the end times. The church is not a building, a temple neither a denomination. It’s everyone that belongs to Christ throughout the world, set apart from mankind – the Body of Christ. The Church has a distinct purpose and destiny and holds special promises. It is unique as the Bride of Christ; unfortunately, most believers don’t understand even elementary principles of this great mystery. For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourishes and cherishes it, even as the Lord the church: For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church. Eph 5:29 – 32. The Apostle Paul is quoting the Genesis account of Eve being taken out of Adams rib. And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. (Gen 2:22 – 24). There is a real and unexplainable union with Christ and the Bride of Christ. And you are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: In whom also you are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: Buried with him in baptism, wherein also you are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, has he made alive together with him… Col 2:10 -13. There is an honored and beloved position of the Bride of Christ. The purpose of the tribulation is the 70th week of Danial to bring Israel to the knowledge of the true Messiah and also to judge the unrighteous nations through the wrath of God. And the Church is the out calling as the Bride. It is inconceivable the Church will go through the tribulation.

You find the word of God inconceivable but you cherish the word of man.

Revelation 7
9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,

12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.

13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?

14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

I heard in my mind “prepare your heart”. I did not know where that came from and couldn’t think of any scripture with that exact phrase.

We all know how the temple of God is laid out, right? Outer court, inner court and the Holy of Holies which is the inner sanctum where the Priest talks with God.

Prepare your heart. Scripture says that He will make us Kings and Priests. Also it says, as a man think in his heart, so is he...We are the church and our Holy of Holies is our heart. So prepare thine heart with all diligence, and go into your own Holy of Holies (inside of yourself) and speak with Him. Develop a relationship with Him, listen to Him. Obey Him. Then He wont say, I never knew you.

Good topic.

I can not fathom that our Lord would let HIS bride go through the tribulation.

Honey I'm going to let you get the snot beat out of you and then we'll go to dinner, ok?

Not.

These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

There's probably going to be a big revival by the Christians that were left behind in the rapture when they realize how they messed up by not being ready or having oil. Many will be martyred. Because as soon as the rapture happens, the Tribulation starts.

"You find the word of God inconceivable but you cherish the word of man."

Obviously you misunderstood the post. The coming for the bride is put in terms of a first century Jewish wedding. A lot of Biblical research went into this article. The point was that how can anyone think the church will go through the "great tribulation ". And how can an article so full of beautiful truths concerning Christ and His bride have negative reviews.

Rapture is not in the bible... But coming as a thief is!

Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. - Revelation 16:15

Every single time that brought judgment in the old testament, he raptured some people to save them. In total scripture shows 7 raptures of people.

The church age is coming to and end. What age is next? The age of judgement. He will come as a thief, which is to say, He will come and catch everyone off guard. I think everyone will see it though and know what is happening.

If there was no rapture coming, then the bible would not tech us to be ready and to be prepared. That's the doctrine of immenincey I think they call it. What do people do with that? Cross those verses out?

There is a rapture and it might happen tonight. Personally, I think we have less than two years before the rapture.

Every single time that brought judgment in the old testament, he raptured some people to save them. In total scripture shows 7 raptures of people.

The church age is coming to and end. What age is next? The age of judgement. He will come as a thief, which is to say, He will come and catch everyone off guard. I think everyone will see it though and know what is happening.

If there was no rapture coming, then the bible would not tech us to be ready and to be prepared. That's the doctrine of immenincey I think they call it. What do people do with that? Cross those verses out?

There is a rapture and it might happen tonight. Personally, I think we have less than two years before the rapture.
Now, now, Ed! Calm yourself down.
7 'raptures'?
Do they have immortally in heaven, with physical bodies?

Now, now, Ed! Calm yourself down.
7 'raptures'?
Do they have immortally in heaven, with physical bodies?

I think so. Let's see, there was Enoch, and Phillip, Elijah, Paul. Jesus too when He ascended.

As I understand it, we will have physical spiritual bodies. Jesus was resurected with a spiritual body. The disciples were in the room and the door was locked, and Jesus just appeared. The wall or the locked door did not stop Him, and neither did the stone on the tomb. Jesus didn't move the stone to leave. He walked right through the rock. The Angel removed the stone so that the disciples and the women could look inside to see He was gone.

Jesus popped into the room and told them, does a ghost have flesh and bone? Touch me. So spiritual bodies are solid but we will be able to walk through walls and stuff.

I think so. Let's see, there was Enoch, and Phillip, Elijah, Paul. Jesus too when He ascended.

As I understand it, we will have physical spiritual bodies. Jesus was resurected with a spiritual body. The disciples were in the room and the door was locked, and Jesus just appeared. The wall or the locked door did not stop Him, and neither did the stone on the tomb. Jesus didn't move the stone to leave. He walked right through the rock. The Angel removed the stone so that the disciples and the women could look inside to see He was gone.

Jesus popped into the room and told them, does a ghost have flesh and bone? Touch me. So spiritual bodies are solid but we will be able to walk through walls and stuff.
"Physical spiritual bodies". Never heard that one before!
But, time will tell.
Elijah appeared in another place after he was "taken".
You believe they received Eternal Life?

There's probably going to be a big revival by the Christians that were left behind in the rapture when they realize how they messed up by not being ready or having oil. Many will be martyred. Because as soon as the rapture happens, the Tribulation starts.
Not according to scripture.
According to scripture those who follow the Lamb suffer tribulation just as the Lamb suffered tribulation.
Jesus even told his followers they will suffer tribulation in the world.

All the pre trib rapture is ,is a way for Satan to get those who fall for it to not pay attention to prophecy.They all believe they will be wisked away so they have no need for knowledge of what takes place during the tribulation.They have no knowledge of what the beast is,who the king of the north is,or even why the woman flees into the wilderness.
They really don't know anything and don't care because they believe they won't be here.

"Physical spiritual bodies". Never heard that one before!
But, time will tell.
Elijah appeared in another place after he was "taken".
You believe they received Eternal Life?

I think it is perhaps more correctly termed, glorified bodies. Like Jesus had as the first. He could walk through walls and yet He also ate food with the disciples and if you were to touch Him He would be soild like yourself.

I used to think that's spirits are etherial (having no substance), like a ghost. But scripture shows us that is not so. Spiritual doesn't mean having no substance. Angels ate meals with men in scripture. Jesus ate with the disciples many times after His resurection. He fried fish for them on the beach, remember?

Phillip was raptured about 30 miles away to a different city after he baptised the ethiopian. I dunno where all they go. Paul said He went to the 3rd heaven. So the point is, the Lord uses raptures as a tool in His toolbox. It is repeatedly demonstrated in scripture. There is a rapture of the church!

Those raptured will be feasting at the Marriage Supper of the Lamb while the earth is experiencing the great tribulation.

Back