Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The scriptures regarding the “Key to Heaven and Hell” open the door to some amazing truths.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Cooper

First, we have God our Redeemer, “the Rock” in the Old Testament, and in one verse in the New Testament.

He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he. Deu_32:4

But Jeshurun waxed fat, and kicked: thou art waxen fat, thou art grown thick, thou art covered with fatness; then he forsook God which made him, and lightly esteemed the Rock of his salvation. Deu 32:15

Of the Rock that begat thee thou art unmindful, and hast has forgotten God that formed thee. Deu_32:18

There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God. 1Sa 2:2

The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence. 2Sa 22:3

For who is God, save the LORD? and who is a rock, save our God? 2Sa 22:32

The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and exalted be the God of the rock of my salvation. 2Sa 22:47

The God of Israel said, the Rock of Israel spake to me, He that ruleth over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God. Here we see God in heaven and God on earth. 2 Sam 23:3

The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. Psa_18:2

For who is God save the LORD? or who is a rock save our God? Psa_18:31

The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock, and let the God of my salvation be exalted. Psa 18:46

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing before You, O YAHWEH, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psa 19:14

A Psalm of David. Unto thee will I cry, O LORD my rock; be not silent to me: lest, if thou be silent to me, I become like them that go down into the pit. Psa_28:1

He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved. Psa_62:2

He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved. Psa_62:6

And they remembered that God was their rock, and the high God their redeemer. Psa 78:35

He shall cry unto me, Thou art my father, my God, and the rock of my salvation. Psa 89:26

But the LORD is my defence, and my God is the rock of my refuge. Psa_94:22

1Corithians_10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

Last edited:
Think incarnationally. The Church is an extension of the Incarnation. Thus...

Jesus is the Rock, but His Church has rocks. (1 Cor 10:4, Mt. 16:18)

Jesus is the foundation, but His Church has foundations. (1 Cor 3:11, Eph 2:20)

Jesus is the Shepherd, but His Church has shepherds. (John 10:11, John 21:16, Jeremiah 3:15)

Jesus is the Priest, but His Church has priests. (Heb 4:14, Heb 5:6, Rev. 20:6)

Jesus is the light of the world, but His Church is the light of the world. (John 8:12, Mt. 5:14)

Matthew 16:18-19: "And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”

THE KEYS
The ancient Hebrews well knew God was their Rock and Redeemer. "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing before You, O YAHWEH, my Rock and my Redeemer." (Psa 19:14) This is a central message in the Hebrew Bible and Peter being Jewish confirms he knew he was speaking to the Redeemer when he said to Jesus "Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God."

The key of heaven and hell, first held by King David, passed to Shebna. It was then taken away from Shebna by the Lord and given to Eliakim son of Hilkiah, with the Redeemer saying, "No one will be able to unlock what he locks, and no one will be able to lock what he unlocks." (Isa 22:15-22) Later, the Redeemer gave the key to Peter, Mat 16:17-19, and the angel had the key to the deep pit.

After the resurrection, Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples she had seen the Lord, and he had spoken these things unto her. Then the same day at eventide, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you. (20) And when he had so said, he showed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad when they saw the Lord. (21) Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so, send I you. (22) And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith to all of them, not only to Peter, "Receive ye the Holy Ghost: (23) whosesoever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained." (John 20:18-23)

The ultimate key holder is, of course, Jesus the Lord who has all authority both in heaven and on earth, giving and taking away the key as he will. In Revelation 1:8 Jesus says," I am the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty." In Revelation 3:7, Jesus speaking of himself says the keys belong to “he that is holy, he that is true hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth.”

Christ the Cornerstone Christian Church.
Jesus, God with us, the Saviour of the World is the head of this great body of believers from across all nations, of whom Peter and the apostles were the first.

Paul writing to the Ephesians told them they are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets with Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone, (Psalm 118:22 and Isa 28:16) in whom the whole structure, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord. In him, you also are being built together into a dwelling place for God by the Spirit. (Eph 2:20-22 ESV)

JESUS IS THE CHIEF CORNERSTONE
Peter, standing before the Jewish Council, full of the Holy Spirit, replied, “Leaders of the people and elders: if we are being questioned today about the good deed done to the lame man and how he was healed, then you should all know, and all the people of Israel should know, that this man stands here before you completely well through the power of the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth — whom you crucified and whom God raised from death. Jesus is the one of whom the scripture says in Psalm 118:22, “The stone that you the builders despised turned out to be the most important of all.” Salvation is found in and through him alone; in all the world there is no one else whom God has given who can save us.” Act 4:8-12 GNB

Peter continues to confirm Jesus of Nazareth is the living stone rejected by the builders in 1Pe 2:1-8
Rid yourselves then of all evil, no more lying or hypocrisy or jealousy or insulting language. Be like newborn babies, always thirsty for the pure spiritual milk, so that by drinking it you may grow up and be saved. As the scripture says, “You have found out for yourselves how kind the Lord is.” Come to the Lord, the living stone rejected by people as worthless but chosen by God as valuable. Come as living stones and let yourselves be used in building the spiritual temple, where you will serve as holy priests to offer spiritual and acceptable sacrifices to God through Jesus Christ. The scripture says, “I chose a valuable stone, which I am placing as the cornerstone in Zion; and whoever believes in him will never be disappointed.” This stone is of great value for you that believe; but for those who do not believe: “The stone which the builders rejected as worthless turned out to be the most important of all.” And another scripture says, “This is the stone that will make people stumble, the rock that will make them fall.” (Isa 8:14) They stumbled because they did not believe in the word; such was God’s will for them. (GNB)

Jesus, the Living Stone, has the keys to heaven and hell ready for the Judgement Day.

Last edited:
Christ ascended to heaven!

Who has authority from Christ to govern the church and administer the kingdom?

Thanks

The resurrected Jesus, who is alive for evermore, will be our judge, with the keys to heaven and hell.
Why did he appoint the apostles then? Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

Christ ascended to heaven!

Who has authority from Christ to govern the church and administer the kingdom?

Thanks
Who other than Christ the anointing teacher the Holy Spirit of the Holy Father .

He warns us
(1 John 2:)of those false apostles, false prophets called anti christs who say we need dying mankind to teach guide and comfort us

The father of spirit of lies used Peter as a false prophet to rebuke God and forbid Jesus the Son of man from doing the will of the Holy Father Holy See .Peter our brother in the Lord thought the gospel key was his not not God who peter rebuked

In then end the Holy Father Holy See rebuked the father of lies and declare to the devil you have the in mind the thing of dying mankind and not eternal God not seen.

.Peter tried to steal the gospel key and the Father caught him and locked the serpent back up him and forgive Peter of his blasphemy against the Son of Man, Jesus.

I would follow Jesus . . not Peter our brother in the Lord. Peter the serial denier why Peter our brother in the lord over Jesus a mystery???????

(purple) my offering

Mathew 16:16-23 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” Jesus answered, “You are blessed, Simon son of Jonah. No one taught you that. My Father in heaven showed you who I am. 1 So I tell you, you are Peter.And I will build my church on this rock. The (gospel) power of death will not be able to defeat my (God's not Peters) church. I will give you the keys (gospel ) to God’s kingdom. When you speak judgment here on earth, that judgment will be God’s judgment. When you promise forgiveness here on earth, that forgiveness will be God’s forgiveness.”no forgiveness (from dying powerless mankind) Then Jesus warned his followers not to tell anyone he was the Messiah. From that time Jesus began telling his followers that he must go to Jerusalem. He explained that the older Jewish leaders, the leading priests, and the teachers of the law would make him suffer many things. And he told his followers that he must be killed. Then, on the third day, he would be raised from death. Peter (seduced by the father of lies) took Jesus away from the other followers to talk to him alone. He began to criticize him. He said, “God save you from those sufferings, Lord! That will never happen to you!” Then Jesus (given words from the Holy Father, Holy See) said to Peter, “Get away from me, Satan! You are not helping me! You don’t care about the same things God does. You care only about things that people think are important.”

Back