Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The seven-year covenant, Donald Trump’s peace plan

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Mark S

The seven-year covenant, Donald Trump’s peace plan
Updates as of August 26, 2018
Trump administration peace plan brokers, Jared Kushner and a lawyer named Jason Greenblatt
· The City of Jerusalem and the Temple Mount have roadblocked the peace plane.
· Both the Palestinians and the Israelis claim the city of Jerusalem to be there capital.
· Pres. Trump took this roadblock off the table by declaring Jerusalem Israel’s capital and confirming that to the world by moving the US Embassy to Jerusalem (west side).
· Presently the temple mound is controlled by the Arabs, Christian and Jewish prayers and worship are currently forbidden on the Temple Mount.
· A workable peace plan would have to include shared control and worship on the Temple Mount, this will most likely include the building of the third temple.
· Construction of third temple will be a definite sign of this piece plan being the 7-year covenant
https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vTPx0WjSWKNHs2rnRUA5HZzN_RDd67S7xvvd88mKJgaJ9K_UNKJPc2vUwHCv19jtEFxjim9H_0VU-RB/pub

There will never be a third Temple built by hands, Acts 7:48; Acts 17:24. When the veil of the Temple was torn from top to bottom after Jesus gave up the ghost, Matthew 27:50, 51, this symbolized that the sacrifice of Jesus and the shedding of his blood was now made for the atonement of sin and that all, Jew and Gentile, can come before Him as He is the only way to the Father, John 14:6.

There is no more veil for the Priest to enter into the Holy of Holies once a year to make atonement for Israel's sin nor is there any more animal sacrifices as we are no longer under the Old Covenant nor the preaching of the law, but are under a new and better covenant of Gods grace through Christ Jesus as our High Priest, Hebrews 4:14-16. Jesus prophesied of the Temple being desolate and that no one will see Him again until His time comes meaning when He returns on the last day, Matthew 24:1, 2; Luke 13:34, 35, John 6:40.

God no longer dwells in a Temple made by hands and this is why God left it desolate all these years when it was destroyed by the Romans in 70 AD. Now the Dome of the Rock sits on part of the Temple Mount and was built around 692 AD. The Muslims will never give it over to Israel, plus the Dome of the Rock is being refurbished for the son of perdition to come and sit on his throne and will cause a great falling away from truth, Isaiah 14:12-14; 2 Thessalonians 2:3-12.

It makes me feel physically sick to think of people building a temple for the son of perdition.

It makes me feel physically sick to think of people building a temple for the son of perdition.
It won't be built for the son of perdition.
It will be built to restore the temple worship according to the Law of Moses. All that is necessary (vestments, furnishings, the arc of the covenant, priesthood, the sacrifices) have been prepared and are ready to be installed in the new temple.
The temple could fit on the mount without removing the mosques but I don't see the Muslims agreeing to any of it. I do see lots of blood flowing if the Jews try.
It will certainly take God's hand to get it done.
If you see the temple being built then the end might be very near.
Or not.

iakov the fool :confused2

It will be built to restore the temple worship according to the Law of Moses. All that is necessary (vestments, furnishings, the arc of the covenant, priesthood, the sacrifices) have been prepared and are ready to be installed in the new temple.
The temple could fit on the mount without removing the mosques but I don't see the Muslims agreeing to any of it. I do see lots of blood flowing if the Jews try.
Or not.

In that case it could start a most violent war involving many (all?) nations?
I suppose they have everything ready for the building.

Or not.

However,God can't contradict Himself and allow the restoration of sacrifuces thar are used for sin offerings. Jesus said that was no more,no more shall men worship in the temple .

The Samaritan women asked Him about where to worship.It is for this reason why I don't believe in a millenium.I'm aware that the early church was mostly pre mil with some amil

However,God can't contradict Himself and allow the restoration of sacrifuces thar are used for sin offerings. Jesus said that was no more,no more shall men worship in the temple .
The Samaritan women asked Him about where to worship.It is for this reason why I don't believe in a millenium.I'm aware that the early church was mostly pre mil with some amil
Actually, that is not what Jesus said.
He said:
Jhn 4:23-24But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”
The people who will build the next temple are not Christians. They will be Orthodox Jews who do not acknowledge Jesus as the Messiah.

So Jesus did not say that there would not ALLOW any more sacrifices offered for sin.
He said that "true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth".
That is an entirely different thing.

Paul spoke of JEws who rejected Yeshua Hamashiach thusly:
Rom 11:25-29 For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written:
“The Deliverer will come out of Zion,
And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;

For this is My covenant with them,
When I take away their sins.”

Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers. For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.

And JTLYK; since you mentioned the Samaritan woman, there are already Jewish priests offering sacrifices at Mount Gerizim in Samaria.
https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Samaritans-perform-sacrificial-Passover-ritual-452001

There will never be a third Temple built by hands, Acts 7:48; Acts 17:24. When the veil of the Temple was torn from top to bottom after Jesus gave up the ghost, Matthew 27:50, 51, this symbolized that the sacrifice of Jesus and the shedding of his blood was now made for the atonement of sin and that all, Jew and Gentile, can come before Him as He is the only way to the Father, John 14:6.

There is no more veil for the Priest to enter into the Holy of Holies once a year to make atonement for Israel's sin nor is there any more animal sacrifices as we are no longer under the Old Covenant nor the preaching of the law, but are under a new and better covenant of Gods grace through Christ Jesus as our High Priest, Hebrews 4:14-16. Jesus prophesied of the Temple being desolate and that no one will see Him again until His time comes meaning when He returns on the last day, Matthew 24:1, 2; Luke 13:34, 35, John 6:40.

God no longer dwells in a Temple made by hands and this is why God left it desolate all these years when it was destroyed by the Romans in 70 AD. Now the Dome of the Rock sits on part of the Temple Mount and was built around 692 AD. The Muslims will never give it over to Israel, plus the Dome of the Rock is being refurbished for the son of perdition to come and sit on his throne and will cause a great falling away from truth, Isaiah 14:12-14; 2 Thessalonians 2:3-12.

The prophecy of Daniel, Jesus and Paul will come to pass and includes a Temple.

The covenant that will be confirmed that will allow the Jews to build the Temple is the Jerusalem covenant.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/213348

JLB

Actually, that is not what Jesus said.
He said:
Jhn 4:23-24But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”
The people who will build the next temple are not Christians. They will be Orthodox Jews who do not acknowledge Jesus as the Messiah.

So Jesus did not say that there would not ALLOW any more sacrifices offered for sin.
He said that "true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth".
That is an entirely different thing.

Paul spoke of JEws who rejected Yeshua Hamashiach thusly:
Rom 11:25-29 For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written:
“The Deliverer will come out of Zion,
And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;
For this is My covenant with them,
When I take away their sins.”
Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers. For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.

And JTLYK; since you mentioned the Samaritan woman, there are already Jewish priests offering sacrifices at Mount Gerizim in Samaria.
https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Samaritans-perform-sacrificial-Passover-ritual-452001
Samaria i knew about but you can't offer anythong on the altar without it being purged by a sun offering daily.

My Point,was that sin offerings will not be accepted nor needed,nor useful.

Are you implying that when the jews do build this temple I can simply buy a kosher goat,offer it and God accepts it?kinda makes the cross pointless.

God always wanted true worship ,not what Jesus talked about is implying a temple only ,and offerings cam be offered from Any altar unless specified otherwise .

Peshac was done originally in your town ,village ,area .the priest were all over.land in each tribe for them.

Are you implying that when the jews do build this temple I can simply buy a kosher goat,offer it and God accepts it?
I said nothing of the kind.
I said that Jews who do not accept Jesus as the Messiah are already making animal sacrifices.
I didn't say anything about them be acceptable to God.
offerings cam be offered from Any altar unless specified otherwise .
The onbly altar that was acceptable under the Law of Moses was the one at the tabernacle. That was replaced by Solomon's temple. (which was followed by the temple built after the return from Babylon which was replaced by Herod's temple which was destroyed in 70AD.)
In your post #8 you said; "Jesus said that was no more,no more shall men worship in the temple ."
He did not say that.
I'm aware that the early church was mostly pre mil with some amil
There were very few who were premillennialist in the early church. (Eusebius, writing his Ecclesiastical History in the 4th century can name only two. One of whom he says is mistaken and the other heretical.) It was the predominant view that the 1000 years stated in the Revelation should not be taken literally but, rather, to mean "a long time."

I said nothing of the kind.
I said that Jews who do not accept Jesus as the Messiah are already making animal sacrifices.
I didn't say anything about them be acceptable to God.

The onbly altar that was acceptable under the Law of Moses was the one at the tabernacle. That was replaced by Solomon's temple. (which was followed by the temple built after the return from Babylon which was replaced by Herod's temple which was destroyed in 70AD.)
In your post #8 you said; "Jesus said that was no more,no more shall men worship in the temple ."
He did not say that.

There were very few who were premillennialist in the early church. (Eusebius, writing his Ecclesiastical History in the 4th century can name only two. One of whom he says is mistaken and the other heretical.) It was the predominant view that the 1000 years stated in the Revelation should not be taken literally but, rather, to mean "a long time."
So how could David ,not being a priest and also build an altar an offer and not die?

Also the prophet elijah did that too.

The prophecy of Daniel, Jesus and Paul will come to pass and includes a Temple.

The covenant that will be confirmed that will allow the Jews to build the Temple is the Jerusalem covenant.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/213348

JLB

During its long history, Jerusalem has been destroyed at least twice, besieged 23 times, attacked 52 times, and captured and recaptured 44 times, but yet has always remained the Holy city of God.

Jesus fulfilled everything the temple stood for being the last sacrificial lamb taking away all the sin of the world. God no longer dwells in a temple made by hands, Acts 7:48-50; 17:22-31; Hebrews 10:7-18

Malachi 1:11 For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the LORD of hosts.

John 4:21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. 22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. 23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

The church, (body of Christ) is the temple where God dwells by His Holy Spirit, Zechariah 6:9-15 (prophecy of coming Messiah); 1 Corinthians 3:16, 17; Ephesians 2:19-22, Galatians 3:19-29.

In 70AD the second temple was destroyed and put an end to the temple made by hands and the sacrifices made there. The Temple of God now dwells in all who are Spiritually born again and indwelled with the Holy Spirit, John 3:5-7; Romans 10:9, 10.

The prophecy of Daniel, Jesus and Paul will come to pass and includes a Temple. The covenant that will be confirmed that will allow the Jews to build the Temple is the Jerusalem covenant. http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/213348
JLB
Tat's my expectation.
So how could David ,not being a priest and also build an altar an offer and not die? Also the prophet elijah did that too.
Good question.
There are sacrifices which the Law requires to be mad at the tabernacle/temple by a priest including the annual sacrifice when the high priest enters the most holy place.
From the the books which tell us of the historical events of the Jews, we see that there were many occasions when various people made altars and offered sacrifices. Those were not the tabernacle/temple (Levitical) sacrifices defined by the Law.
Sacrifices were also made to establish a covenant between people which were also not Levitical sacrifices.

The only sacrifice which would result in death if not performed by the High Priest or if the High Priest were not ceremonially clean was the annual sacrifice for the people.

In 70AD the second temple was destroyed and put an end to the temple made by hands and the sacrifices made there. The Temple of God now dwells in all who are Spiritually born again and indwelled with the Holy Spirit, John 3:5-7; Romans 10:9, 10.

Yes.

However the Jews do not believe and are in the process of building a new temple.

This is the temple that the antichrist will go to and proclaim himself as God in.

Jesus will destroy him when He returns.

Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
2 Thessalonians 2:1-4

again

And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness. 2 Thessalonians 2:8-12

God Himself is sending these who reject His Son as Messiah a strong delusion in the form of a false messiah who will work false sign and lying wonders to deceive those who do not like be the truth.

for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth​

JLB

Yes.

However the Jews do not believe and are in the process of building a new temple.

This is the temple that the antichrist will go to and proclaim himself as God in.

Jesus will destroy him when He returns.

Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
2 Thessalonians 2:1-4

again

And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness. 2 Thessalonians 2:8-12

God Himself is sending these who reject His Son as Messiah a strong delusion in the form of a false messiah who will work false sign and lying wonders to deceive those who do not like be the truth.

for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth​

JLB

The son of perdition will take his seat on the very temple mount that now houses the Dome of the Rock as even now it is being refurbished for this future time and will be handed over to him. They can go ahead and build a new temple if they want to waste their time and money as God will never dwell in it so what will be its purpose. Where are they going to build a third temple as it will not be built on the original temple mount. I read nowhere in scripture of a third temple. Maybe I am missing where it is written.

The son of perdition will take his seat on the very temple mount that now houses the Dome of the Rock as even now it is being refurbished for this future time and will be handed over to him. They can go ahead and build a new temple if they want to waste their time and money as God will never dwell in it so what will be its purpose. Where are they going to build a third temple as it will not be built on the original temple mount. I read nowhere in scripture of a third temple. Maybe I am missing where it is written.

“Therefore when you see the abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand), Matthew 24:15

Daniel gives us some understanding.

“Know therefore and understand,
That from the going forth of the command
To restore and build Jerusalem
Until Messiah the Prince,
There shall be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks;
The street shall be built again, and the wall,
Even in troublesome times.
Daniel 9:25

The restoration of the city of Jerusalem and the Temple was decreed to take place and it did.

By the time the Messiah came on the scene the temple was built.

Approximately 28 AD.

And after the sixty-two weeks
Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself;
And the people of the prince who is to come
Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.
The end of it shall be with a flood,
And till the end of the war desolations are determined. Daniel 9:26

Then in 70 AD the Romans destroyed it again, which is indicated here in verse 26.

And the people of the prince who is to come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.

Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week;
But in the middle of the week
He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.
And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate,
Even until the consummation, which is determined,
Is poured out on the desolate.”
Daniel 9:27

Now we see some time after 70 AD that Temple activities will resume, which to this day has not taken place.

Paul in his second letter to the Thessalonians
Indicates the false messiah will go to the temple and proclaim himself as God, then end up being destroyed by the Lord Himself at His coming, which will be on the last Day when He gathers His people at the resurrection and rapture.

Therefore the temple will be built between now and the coming of the Lord.

JLB

Back