Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Son Makes All The Difference

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

hldude

“The Son Makes All The Difference”
John 15:5 NIV
I am the vine, you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

I try to usually go on walks outside during my morning and afternoon breaks at work each day. In the summer, I usually don’t have much of an issue getting out to enjoy the weather on my walk, provided it’s not raining. When it gets to later in the Fall and Winter season, it gets a little more tricky. Some days are nicer than others, of course and I’m usually watching the weather conditions on my phone to see what the wind chill is and if it’s decent enough to go out for a walk.

There are some days when I see the cold temps and notice it’s sunny and decide to give it a try. I’ve recently found myself being amazed many days when I’m prepared for a cold gust to hit me, but instead find a soothing feeling when the sun hits me as I walk outside. It’s still chilly, but I quickly think, “The sun is making all the difference”. Without the sun shining down, it would be colder and not as pleasant of a walk.

I cannot help but think of our walk with Christ and how life would be like if we didn’t have the Son in our lives each day. Just as the sun shining on a cold day can really make a surprising difference when going on a walk or just headed out for work or errands, we need to be reminded daily that if we didn’t have the Son in our lives, we would be in a constant state of bitterness in our spiritual lives. Life is challenging enough in general and I cannot even imagine how unbelievers find comfort and strength through hard times.

Having Jesus in our lives truly makes all the difference in the world. He’s with us wherever we go and no matter what we are doing. When times get tough, He’s there to comfort. It’s a simple concept, really. However, are we sharing this with other people so that they can come to experience that the Son really makes all the difference in the world?

Jesus is our true vine, we are the branches. Apart from Him we can do nothing. When we are staying connected to Him, He makes all the difference. When we are apart from Him, we cannot thrive and cannot survive long doing our own thing. We eventually get swallowed up in the bitterness of this world and it grows dark.

When we remain connected to Jesus, He truly makes all the difference!

Back