Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

THE SOVEREIGNTY OF GOD

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
So, you say God is Sovereign over His creation and His creation has free will to do whatever they want?
Explain. It cannot be both.
Yes it can be both.

Is the king sovereign over the nation?
Can the people do as they please?
Yes to both.

Your problem stems from your faulty use of the word sovereign.

What does the word sovereign mean to you?

Sovereign, Potentate.
God's Will is the only one that matters, in the spiritual realm and the natural.
And since Christ rules the spiritual realm man can do nothing with regard to spiritual matters where the Will of God rules.
Now you.

God is not into micromanagement.
Got a verse for that? Got some that contradict you statement IMO.
Matthew 10:29 Are not two little sparrows sold for a copper coin? And yet not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will. 30 But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered [for the Father is sovereign and has complete knowledge].
Proverbs 16:33 The lot is cast into the lap, but its every decision is from the LORD.…

Naturally, God can't mention every microaction as the bible would be 10 billion miles high and a difficult read as well as hard to carry to church. *giggle*

Got a verse for that? Got some that contradict you statement IMO.
Matthew 10:29 Are not two little sparrows sold for a copper coin? And yet not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will. 30 But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered [for the Father is sovereign and has complete knowledge].
Proverbs 16:33 The lot is cast into the lap, but its every decision is from the LORD.…

Naturally, God can't mention every microaction as the bible would be 10 billion miles high and a difficult read as well as hard to carry to church. *giggle*
Sure I got a verse for that.
Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said to them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.

So God passed authority over the Earth to man.
Delegation looks to be the way God does things.

Sure I got a verse for that.
Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said to them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.

So God passed authority over the Earth to man.
Delegation looks to be the way God does things.
No, God passed authority over earth and everything in it to Christ.

Has man really any authority over fish?

We still can't stop sharks from attacking swimmers at the beach.

God says that was the plan.
Please do not argue with the Bible.
I believe He was talking about Christ, not man.
Christ fed over 40,000 with fish, put the fish on Peter's hook to pay the tax with the coin in its mouth, commanded the fish to enter the net twice in the gospels.
Man has no authority over fish.
Christ does.
I don't argue with the Bible. The Scripture tells me what to believe, I don't tell the Scriptures what to say like all these modern new age translations do.

I believe He was talking about Christ, not man.
Christ fed over 40,000 with fish, put the fish on Peter's hook to pay the tax with the coin in its mouth, commanded the fish to enter the net twice in the gospels.
Man has no authority over fish.
Christ does.
I don't argue with the Bible. The Scripture tells me what to believe, I don't tell the Scriptures what to say like all these modern new age translations do.
So my references are Gen 1:28 and you provide no references.

What modern translation do you think my reference is taken from?

So my references are Gen 1:28 and you provide no references.

What modern translation do you think my reference is taken from?
28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28.

Does man really have dominion over fish, lions, tigers, and bears?

Oh my!

28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28.

Does man really have dominion over fish, lions, tigers, and bears?

Oh my!
Yes... in the original command of God.
You just posted a verse that says man was given dominion and then question your own reference.

This would indicate that you do not believe God when He says something.

Your question sounds like the Serpent's question... "did God really say...".

Yes... in the original command of God.
You just posted a verse that says man was given dominion and then question your own reference.

This would indicate that you do not believe God when He says something.

Your question sounds like the Serpent's question... "did God really say...".
I stated that this command in Genesis 1:28 is a command God gave to Christ, who was 'created' a little lower than the angels but crowned with glory and honour.
God spoke this command to Adam, but Christ was in his loins.
Is there anyone else whom God crowned with glory and honour besides Christ?

Back