Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The truth will set you free

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

humble soul

On Sabbatical from Rome
Ok well I tend to agree that Jesus Christ is the truth. But I'm really not 100% sure. But let me talk first about what I think the truth is.
The truth is none of us really know what the next life brings.
The truth starts with ourselves. We must look at ourselves with ruthless honesty.
And sometimes we are blind. We have blind spots. Our goal should be to remove those blind spots. Or try anyway. It can take a lifetime.
One of my blind spots was weight gain. I pretended I wasn't getting fat. Self deception. If we are truly honest with ourselves we will not be afraid of our opinions being challenged. Or our beliefs.
We should always be ready to modify our position. No one just finds the truth and stops questioning. Relax, chill and enjoy the sunsets. " Man. I've found the truth. What a relief. I don't have to search anymore."
No one has found the truth. We are all hopefully heading towards the truth. But no one arrives.
The truth is I spend too much time on this forum. Because I haven't found a good substitute yet. The truth can't be found on this forum. But we get occasional glimpses. More by accident.
The truth is .......I need to take a shower....

We aren't the truth. We can be searching for the truth. Or we can hope that the truth finds us. All we can do is make some effort plus pray for some grace.
So
Effort + Grace =. Heading in the right direction .
But the serious meditating Buddhists are heading in the right direction too. If he is aiming for goodwill and compassion. Just like Christians should be .

Title
""Some wont get saved (by wondering)

I often wonder why some persons do not accept God's free gift of salvation.

All that is necessary is to accept it.

Maybe it's fear of letting go and trusting God...
Maybe it's a sin they can't let go of...
They could just be atheist...

Any thoughts?""

Last edited:
[ACMP=warning]
Our aim is to speak freely about theology and biblical concepts and the understanding of scripture but in an atmosphere of mutual respect and love for our brothers and sisters in Christ.; Our forum is open to all those who would desire to have discussions that would follow our aspirations.

1.4: Do not misquote or misrepresent another member. Do not state a negative opinion about a member's denomination, leaders, founders, or the veracity of a member's faith. (Exodus 20:16)

1.5: No trolling. No flaming or remarks used to intentionally upset members. Intentional disruption of this nature may result in immediate termination of your membership.

Stating derogatory things about Protestants is a good way to get yourself permanently removed from this Forum.

JLB

[/ACMP]

I was just wondering....
What happened to wonderings post
Oh jlb thinks he is working for Jesus
Sorry
My Mistake

Unlike the yellow post...or is it green?
I think it was from jlb
Something about warning ...
Oh the weather there is a storm coming thanks.

Stating derogatory things about Protestants is a good way to get yourself permanently removed from this Forum.
You need to be more specific sir. Quote the actual words.
Was it " primitive Protestant paradigm"?
Wondering was bagging all the non protestants. But you didn't mind that .
Glory and you look after your mates. Fair enough eh.

Here is what you stated --

Anyone who doesn't accept the Protestant saved paradigm is a loser. That is basically what they are saying. They think they are in some exclusive club. They think they have picked the winner. And everyone else gets the short straw.
Such an attitude is childish and not in the spirit of the gospels.

Anyone who doesn't accept the Protestant saved paradigm is a loser. That is basically what they are saying. They think they are in some exclusive club. They think they have picked the winner. And everyone else gets the short straw.
Such an attitude is childish and not in the spirit of the gospels.
It deserves to be framed. What a gem. That's how glory and you and wondering think. But you deny it.

It deserves to be framed. What a gem. That's how glory and you and wondering think. But you deny it.

It’s not how we think, at all. why do you continue to misrepresent what people think?

We go by the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, through His apostles.

You seem to be opposed to this.

JLB

Last edited:
It’s not how we think, at all. why do you continue to misrepresent what people think?

We go by the words of ur Lord Jesus Christ, through His apostles.

You seem to be opposed to this.

JLB
Wonderings thread on being saved was a solidarity meeting. And you can argue that's ok on a forum like this.
Why she changed courses midstream is unconvincing. As did Wip. (From Catholicism)
I am challenging their attitude and their thinking. Because I think they were attracted to zeal.and also literal thinking. Tending towards fundamentalism. That's the beauty of Catholicism. It is broad enough to allow for liberal thinking. ( Though it refuses to budge on homosexuality) The current pope is doing a better job.

Ok well I tend to agree that Jesus Christ is the truth. But I'm really not 100% sure. But let me talk first about what I think the truth is.
The truth is none of us really know what the next life brings.

Not sure if this might be abit off topic maybe not being quite the main overall point of your OP, but re the quoted bit above we do have to have faith/believe but we don't just blindly believe or have faith without any evidences. Below is a list of some reasons why we can fairly surely believe the bible is true:

Prophecy: Fullfilled biblical prophecies, especially the ones about the messiah. Beasts and metal ages of Daniel. 7 church ages of Revelation.

Creation/Nature/Science/medical:
Bible says "heavens declare glory of the Lord" and people are "without excuse". (See Romans 1).
Also the fact that some things in the bible have been found to be remarkably scientifically correct (cleanliness laws, etc).
Evidences of design. Earth in just the right place for human life.
7 colours, 7 notes/tones, 7 nitrogenous bases, 3 lobes brain. Pregnancy/gestation periods multiples of 7.
Analogous body foods like tomatoes (look like heart), kidney beans (look like kidney), carrots (look like eye).
Materialism and the brain can't explain everything.
Evidences like the African Eve theory that we ultimately all came from one like Genesis says.

History/archaeology: There has been more and more evidences that biblical history is true at least as far back as Joseph.
The "myths" of many nations around the world confirm things like the worldwide flood, tower of Babel, etc.

Spiritual: There seems little doubt that sin/evil and the Devil and demons/evil spirits are true.

Miracles/signs/wonders/healings/coincidences:
Only Joseph could tell pharaohs dream.
Red Sea parting.
Only Daniel could tell Nebuchadnezzars dream.
Jesus performed many miracles including healing lepers, blind, deaf & dumb, raising the dead, feeding thousands.
Star of Bethlehem. Quake & eclipse at Crucifixion.

Answered prayers: many people have had answers to prayers.

Experiences:
Paul saw/heard Jesus.
Some people have had experiences like my friend Matthew said he saw Jesus face in the sky.
I had an experience where I was like One with God/Jesus or like spiritually touched him.
Some people have had out of body experiences, or died and came back to life.
People like Abraham and the prophets seem to have somehow heard God's words.
Some people have seen angels.

Judgements:
Flood. Tower of Babel. Sodom & Gomorrah. Exodus plagues. Exile/captivity. Destruction of Jerusalem 70 ad. Titanic.

Codes: The Bible Skip code.
Macro-codes: See fulfilled messianic prophecies. Many layers of bible verse. Many antetypes. Sign of Jonah.
This also includes mathematical signatures of God in the bible like many patterns of sevens in Genesis and Matthew.

Current events: The fact that Israel and the Jews and Jerusalem have been a major area/issue of contention in modern world history (eg Zionism, Nazis, PLO).
This also includes past plots to destroy the messianic line and people: Nimrod allegedly tried to kill Abraham? Pharaoh killed Hebrew babies (Exodus 1), Haman tried to kill Jews (Esther), Herod tried to kill Jesus (Matthew/Luke), Hitler allegedly directed a genocide/holocaust of Jews?
Prominent Jews like Joseph, Daniel, Mordechai, Jesus, Marx, Einstein, Sitchin, Velikovsky.
Prominent Christians like Isaac Newton, John Newton, Wilberforce.
The land of Israel/Palestine also has certain special historical & geograpical features.
The Hebrew language also has certain features which ....

Jesus: A number of scholars have pointed out that Jesus is one of the most famous/imfamous persons of world history.
No one has proven Jesus ever did any wrong/harm to anyone.
No body has been found anywhere (Jesus' tomb is empty).
(Wyatt also claims he found a sample of Jesus blood on top of the ark under Skull Hill / Gordon's Calvary which when lab tested showed a slightly different number of chromosomes to normal humans?
Some believe the Shroud of Turin is a genuine feature too, though it is doubtful.)

All the books of the bible written by many different authors over thousands of years have in common same/similar spirit.

Martyrdoms: That a number of the apostles and early christians suffered awful martyrdoms shows their faith must have been pretty great/strong for some reason(s).

Some of the things I have been suffering are unbelievable. I can't believe that there is no hope anywhere. There is no other hope/choice/option.

Evolution has too many missing links and reversals and shelved forbidden archaeological out of place artifacts and unreliable dating methods and too long lengths of gaps between events.

Many cultures of world history have believed in a God or gods
Neanderthals believed in the afterlife as evidenced by their funeraru/burial rites/practices.
"Eternity in their hearts".
Can't help believing God/bible is true.
"It fits".
Article on primitive religion says a certain amount of ideas of what is good/right and evil/wrong are common to many cultures throughout history.

Counterfeit/corrupt analogies: All religions, myths, political philosophies etc have analogies/copies of the Biblical faith. "Devil is the ape of God". Even Nazism had a spritiual/occult/mystical/magical aspect as shown in the book Messianic Legacy. China had a "worship of heaven" religion before Taoism & Confucianism.
Comparing some of the analogies:
The bible is more remarkable scriptures of Jewish & Christian religion than some other scriptures/books of other religions such as the Koran/Quran of Islam.
Jesus is more remarkable than Mohammed or King Arthur or Hitler etc.

Wisdom/truths/laws: The wisdom of people like Joseph, Solomon, Jesus, messianic Jews.

Conscience/guilt/fear.

Somewhere deep down people seem to know though they live in denial. Revelation 6? says they will say "the great day of the lord and his wrath has come", which seems to imply they knew.

Human life is too short, there must be more.

2 or 3 witnesses.

No one has proven the bible is not true.

Peoples testimonies & changed lives.

For the rest of the OP and the overall point as far as I could guessingly understand it from the not entirely clear/definite wording yes we are all short of and seeking/striving for the whole of the truth which only God (Yhwh/Jhvh) / Yeshua/Jesus fully knows/sees/is.
However I don't like the liking of "negative" habitual thinking/feeling in modern Christianity & even Messianism. Sure we are sinners and humbly seek the Truth, but the liking such self punishment/guilt and tough/harsh/hard way seems unhealthy and doesn't appeal to me. People often have claimed I am "negative" yet I see how Christians and even non-Christians are so liking of this tough and self punishment/guilt/suffering/misery or "slave morality" or poverty gospel.

Yhwh/Jhvh bless us and keep us.

Last edited:
Not sure if this might be abit off topic maybe not being quite the main overall point of your OP, but re the quoted bit above we do have to have faith/believe but we don't just blindly believe or have faith without any evidences. Below is a list of some reasons why we can fairly surely believe the bible is true:

Prophecy: Fullfilled biblical prophecies, especially the ones about the messiah. Beasts and metal ages of Daniel. 7 church ages of Revelation.

Creation/Nature/Science/medical:
Bible says "heavens declare glory of the Lord" and people are "without excuse". (See Romans 1).
Also the fact that some things in the bible have been found to be remarkably scientifically correct (cleanliness laws, etc).
Evidences of design. Earth in just the right place for human life.
7 colours, 7 notes/tones, 7 nitrogenous bases, 3 lobes brain. Pregnancy/gestation periods multiples of 7.
Analogous body foods like tomatoes (look like heart), kidney beans (look like kidney), carrots (look like eye).
Materialism and the brain can't explain everything.
Evidences like the African Eve theory that we ultimately all came from one like Genesis says.

History/archaeology: There has been more and more evidences that biblical history is true at least as far back as Joseph.
The "myths" of many nations around the world confirm things like the worldwide flood, tower of Babel, etc.

Spiritual: There seems little doubt that sin/evil and the Devil and demons/evil spirits are true.

Miracles/signs/wonders/healings/coincidences:
Only Joseph could tell pharaohs dream.
Red Sea parting.
Only Daniel could tell Nebuchadnezzars dream.
Jesus performed many miracles including healing lepers, blind, deaf & dumb, raising the dead, feeding thousands.
Star of Bethlehem. Quake & eclipse at Crucifixion.

Answered prayers: many people have had answers to prayers.

Experiences:
Paul saw/heard Jesus.
Some people have had experiences like my friend Matthew said he saw Jesus face in the sky.
I had an experience where I was like One with God/Jesus or like spiritually touched him.
Some people have had out of body experiences, or died and came back to life.
People like Abraham and the prophets seem to have somehow heard God's words.
Some people have seen angels.

Judgements:
Flood. Tower of Babel. Sodom & Gomorrah. Exodus plagues. Exile/captivity. Destruction of Jerusalem 70 ad. Titanic.

Codes: The Bible Skip code.
Macro-codes: See fulfilled messianic prophecies. Many layers of bible verse. Many antetypes. Sign of Jonah.
This also includes mathematical signatures of God in the bible like many patterns of sevens in Genesis and Matthew.

Current events: The fact that Israel and the Jews and Jerusalem have been a major area/issue of contention in modern world history (eg Zionism, Nazis, PLO).
This also includes past plots to destroy the messianic line and people: Nimrod allegedly tried to kill Abraham? Pharaoh killed Hebrew babies (Exodus 1), Haman tried to kill Jews (Esther), Herod tried to kill Jesus (Matthew/Luke), Hitler allegedly directed a genocide/holocaust of Jews?
Prominent Jews like Joseph, Daniel, Mordechai, Jesus, Marx, Einstein, Sitchin, Velikovsky.
Prominent Christians like Isaac Newton, John Newton, Wilberforce.
The land of Israel/Palestine also has certain special historical & geograpical features.
The Hebrew language also has certain features which ....

Jesus: A number of scholars have pointed out that Jesus is one of the most famous/imfamous persons of world history.
No one has proven Jesus ever did any wrong/harm to anyone.
No body has been found anywhere (Jesus' tomb is empty).
(Wyatt also claims he found a sample of Jesus blood on top of the ark under Skull Hill / Gordon's Calvary which when lab tested showed a slightly different number of chromosomes to normal humans?
Some believe the Shroud of Turin is a genuine feature too, though it is doubtful.)

All the books of the bible written by many different authors over thousands of years have in common same/similar spirit.

Martyrdoms: That a number of the apostles and early christians suffered awful martyrdoms shows their faith must have been pretty great/strong for some reason(s).

Some of the things I have been suffering are unbelievable. I can't believe that there is no hope anywhere. There is no other hope/choice/option.

Evolution has too many missing links and reversals and shelved forbidden archaeological out of place artifacts and unreliable dating methods and too long lengths of gaps between events.

Many cultures of world history have believed in a God or gods
Neanderthals believed in the afterlife as evidenced by their funeraru/burial rites/practices.
"Eternity in their hearts".
Can't help believing God/bible is true.
"It fits".
Article on primitive religion says a certain amount of ideas of what is good/right and evil/wrong are common to many cultures throughout history.

Counterfeit/corrupt analogies: All religions, myths, political philosophies etc have analogies/copies of the Biblical faith. "Devil is the ape of God". Even Nazism had a spritiual/occult/mystical/magical aspect as shown in the book Messianic Legacy. China had a "worship of heaven" religion before Taoism & Confucianism.
Comparing some of the analogies:
The bible is more remarkable scriptures of Jewish & Christian religion than some other scriptures/books of other religions such as the Koran/Quran of Islam.
Jesus is more remarkable than Mohammed or King Arthur or Hitler etc.

Wisdom/truths/laws: The wisdom of people like Joseph, Solomon, Jesus, messianic Jews.

Conscience/guilt/fear.

Somewhere deep down people seem to know though they live in denial. Revelation 6? says they will say "the great day of the lord and his wrath has come", which seems to imply they knew.

Human life is too short, there must be more.

2 or 3 witnesses.

No one has proven the bible is not true.

Peoples testimonies & changed lives.

For the rest of the OP and the overall point as far as I could guessingly understand it from the not entirely clear/definite wording yes we are all short of and seeking/striving for the whole of the truth which only God (Yhwh/Jhvh) / Yeshua/Jesus fully knows/sees/is.
However I don't like the liking of "negative" habitual thinking/feeling in modern Christianity & even Messianism. Sure we are sinners and humbly seek the Truth, but the liking such self punishment/guilt and tough/harsh/hard way seems unhealthy and doesn't appeal to me. People often have claimed I am "negative" yet I see how Christians and even non-Christians are so liking of this tough and self punishment/guilt/suffering/misery or "slave morality" or poverty gospel.

Yhwh/Jhvh bless us and keep us.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

JLB

Wonderings thread on being saved was a solidarity meeting. And you can argue that's ok on a forum like this.
Why she changed courses midstream is unconvincing. As did Wip. (From Catholicism)
I am challenging their attitude and their thinking. Because I think they were attracted to zeal.and also literal thinking. Tending towards fundamentalism. That's the beauty of Catholicism. It is broad enough to allow for liberal thinking. ( Though it refuses to budge on homosexuality) The current pope is doing a better job.
First of all, when you mention another member, that member should be tagged into the conversation.
I'm here because of the thread I posted here or I never would have seen this.
This is akin to speaking about me without me being present (or behind my back, as some would say).

Second, there were no solidarity meetings on this forum.
The thread you mention was meant to understand the theology of soteriology because we have differing views on this
and we cannot all be correct in our theology. If you cannot understand this, it is not a problem of mine and you should not be commenting on topics you may know nothing about, or know very little about. I mean, you can comment, but it shouldn't be to be derogatory toward the other members on that thread, or the O.P. of the thread.

None of us here have BBQ's together, as far as I can tell. Some of us agree on some doctrine, some of us agree on practically everything, and some of us agree on little or nothing. We all have the same standing as far as members go. If a person tries to be civil and nice to everyone - even when disagreeing - they usually are treated the same way back.

Then you say I changed in midstream.
I don't change in midstream. I don't really know what you're speaking of.
I'm rather surprised you were following that thread.
You don't seem to be too interested in theological issues.

And I'll thank you to stop making the insinuation that those on that thread are leaning toward fundamentalism.
Unless someone specifically states their belief - it is not your place to label them with a specific belief - which they probably do not even hold to be true...and if they do, it is their prerogative.

As to Catholicism and liberal thinking...
This Pope has caused much strife in the Catholic church and there are priests that are not even paying attention to him anymore and that have stated publically, at the time, that they would not follow instructions of his that are not in keeping with Catholic doctrine - which he is not supposed to change BTW, since he took an oath not to.

Also, if you do not agree with all of Catholic doctrine,,,you are not considered to be a catholic.
Perhaps you can speak to your priest about this.
There is no liberalism of thought in the CC.
Have you ever heard the expression they proclaim: "this is not a democracy".
Maybe you should learn it.

Perhaps this should be in a PM.
I tried this some time ago but you do not respond to them.
So here we are.

BTW....
Catholicism believes we are saved in exactly the same way that Protestantism does.
Again,,,you could speak to your priest about this.

Who were the non-protestants I was "bagging"?
Why accuse me of something I wasn't doing?
I don't do "bagging" - I like to discuss doctrine.
You should stick to discussing topics and not the habits of members-
especially when you're wrong about all you state.

Title
""Some wont get saved (by wondering)

I often wonder why some persons do not accept God's free gift of salvation.

All that is necessary is to accept it.

Maybe it's fear of letting go and trusting God...
Maybe it's a sin they can't let go of...
They could just be atheist...

Any thoughts?""
This is why people run from God....

John 3:19-21 "This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." - Jesus

I'm gonna follow this up by saying "I am not perfect", but I do want to do God's will FOR my life! This is the difference between a person who loves and trusts God, and a person who does their own will for their life. Lots of people think they know what is best for their life and therefore will not come into the light.

So I guess it is exactly what you stated. They don't trust God and they love their sin.

This is why people run from God....

John 3:19-21 "This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God." - Jesus

I'm gonna follow this up by saying "I am not perfect", but I do want to do God's will FOR my life! This is the difference between a person who loves and trusts God, and a person who does their own will for their life. Lots of people think they know what is best for their life and therefore will not come into the light.

So I guess it is exactly what you stated. They don't trust God and they love their sin.
Hi LovethroughDove...
So nice to see you again!
Agreed on all...

Our aim is to speak freely about theology and biblical concepts and the understanding of scripture but in an atmosphere of mutual respect and love for our brothers and sisters in Christ.; Our forum is open to all those who would desire to have discussions that would follow our aspirations.

1.4: Do not misquote or misrepresent another member. Do not state a negative opinion about a member's denomination, leaders, founders, or the veracity of a member's faith. (Exodus 20:16)

1.5: No trolling. No flaming or remarks used to intentionally upset members. Intentional disruption of this nature may result in immediate termination of your membership.

JLB
“We meet no ordinary people in our lives.” C.S. Lewis
Humble Soul is no ordinary person.
He is good for this forum.

The small town i left according to media article had 21 homeless people in 2018 and went 293 in 2020. Thats a sudden boost. A couple have been tresspassd from a park by council and told they could be fined or locked in a cage for 3 months. Not sure what fining the homeless can solve as they cannot even afford a roof over there head so its just a waste of court time, or locking people in a cage in prison against there will and make them feel like criminals just because they dont have a home.

I didnt know public space has a time frame. Does spending as much time as i choose in public space make me a criminal?. I spend too much time in public space i must move on or face a penalty?. I might enjoy a month long picnic at the park. Am i a criminal because i close my eyes and have a nap?

Its now the 3rd winter as this article was from 3rd of May 2018.

Last edited:
Back