Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Wisdom of God

What is the Wisdom of God according to Scripture?

• The Words of the Bible

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Christian Theology

• The Christian beliefs of my denomination

• Other

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
A

Adams son

What is the Wisdom of God in Christianity according to Scripture?

:biggrin The Lord, Jesus Christ

1 Corinthians 1:

24 For indeed Jews ask for signs and Greeks search for wisdom;

23but we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a stumbling block and to Gentiles foolishness,

24but to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.

God bless.

(1Cor, 1:24) But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, CHRIST the power of God, and THE WISDOM OF GOD.

God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise.

But of Him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us WISDOM.

Why are some of the threads locked?

Charlotte

Charlotte, information is given in the Announcements Section. Things need to cool off. :sad God bless.

I wonder if all the other topics that get heated will be locked also?

Just asking.

Charlotte

destiny said:
How do you seperate the first two choices?

Go over there and pat your Bible. Did you just give Jesus a pat?

Jesus is not a book nor is the book Jesus.

Jesus lives in my heart, but His word advances my knowledge of His ways so that I know how to live a godly life.
Also it helps me to hold everything up to the light of scripture so that I won't be decieved.
If I believe all scripture is God breathed, I can't seperate the words from the person, they are interwoven.

What would you do if you didn't have a Bible, nor could get one anywhere?

Charlotte

Charlotte said:
What would you do if you didn't have a Bible, nor could get one anywhere?

Charlotte
I would be fine hopefully, because His word is in my heart because I know it.
Didn't someone preach to you or teach you from Gods word, his ways and commandments before you formed an opinion as to who He is.
Or did, out of the blue without ever hearing about the God of the word,bam, you knew all about Him?

Why were we left the word?

destiny said:
Jesus lives in my heart, but His word advances my knowledge of His ways so that I know how to live a godly life.
Also it helps me to hold everything up to the light of scripture so that I won't be decieved.
If I believe all scripture is God breathed, I can't seperate the words from the person, they are interwoven.

You might just want to realize that your Bible says that Jesus IS our Wisdom of God.

You might also want to realize that the Word of God which he gave to us was his Son. - Jesus. Your Bible tells you that too. I do hope you understand I am not talking about the Bible here.

Do you think you know Jesus by reading your Bible? Or do you think you know things about Jesus by reading your Bible?

If he lives in you, and he is the Wisdom of God, why are you so bent on following the paper book as your ultimate guide and teacher when you can follow God's Wisdom who lives in your heart?

Do you think you know Jesus by reading your Bible? Or do you think you know things about Jesus by reading your Bible?
I better understand things about Jesus' and His expectations for Holy living, by reading my bible. Yet he lives in my heart.
If I didn't know the word, I wouldn't know His ways.

destiny said:
I better understand things about Jesus' and His expectations for Holy living, by reading my bible. Yet he lives in my heart.
If I didn't know the word, I wouldn't know His ways.

Jesus IS God's Word.

How can you say you would not know his ways if he lives in you?

destiny said:
Sometimes I like to read Jesus, so that I understand Him better.

That statement pretty much says it all.

So your Bible is Jesus?

What about the 73 book Catholic Bible? Is that Jesus wearing some bad clothes?

From the beginning to the end the bible is all about Christ. The OT looks forward to Him in faith, the NT looks back to Him in faith. The bible is God's testimony to His pursuit of Man.
I read the bible to get to know more about Christ, who He is, why he had to do what He did. There's purpose of God telling prophets or the Apostles to write something down or reason for the Jewish laws to be put into a scroll, a book. The Pentateuch, the first 5 books of the bible were read constantly in the early synagogues to teach the people, in them was the laws they were to follow, and in them was the hope of Christ's birth, the Messiah.

From the first verse in Genesis to Revelation Christ is there.

I love Jesus, I want to get to know more of Him. If one loves somebody there's a desire, a hunger to get to know them more. Scripture fulfills that need. This desire is also the biggest reason to attend church, to hear His Word, to get to know Him, to form a more perfect relationship with the Saviour Jesus Christ. In like manner those of ancient Jewish history did the same in the synagogues to hear the reading of the Pentateuch.
The bible is God's Word, it's His testimony to His people, to His children, to the believer. And the Word became flesh and lived among us. This was Christ, this was the Lamb of God.
God's Word can not be separated from God. Therefore His Word exists. To ask what if it didn't exist is a question to no end since indeed the bible does exist. When I read the bible I read of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost.

Adams son said:
destiny said:

So your Bible is Jesus?

Scripture is the breath of God, it refreshens me when God brings it to life and it jumps off of the pages and is quickened in my soul. You should feel it! :biggrin

PotLuck said:
From the beginning to the end the bible is all about Christ. The OT looks forward to Him in faith, the NT looks back to Him in faith. The bible is God's testimony to His pursuit of Man.
I read the bible to get to know more about Christ, who He is, why he had to do what He did. There's purpose of God telling prophets or the Apostles to write something down or reason for the Jewish laws to be put into a scroll, a book. The Pentateuch, the first 5 books of the bible were read constantly in the early synagogues to teach the people, in them was the laws they were to follow, and in them was the hope of Christ's birth, the Messiah.

From the first verse in Genesis to Revelation Christ is there.

I love Jesus, I want to get to know more of Him. If one loves somebody there's a desire, a hunger to get to know them more. Scripture fulfills that need. This desire is also the biggest reason to attend church, to hear His Word, to get to know Him, to form a more perfect relationship with the Saviour Jesus Christ. In like manner those of ancient Jewish history did the same in the synagogues to hear the reading of the Pentateuch.
The bible is God's Word, it's His testimony to His people, to His children, to the believer. And the Word became flesh and lived among us. This was Christ, this was the Lamb of God.
God's Word can not be separated from God. Therefore His Word exists. To ask what if it didn't exist is a question to no end since indeed the bible does exist. When I read the bible I read of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost.
Amen.

destiny said:
Adams son said:
destiny said:

So your Bible is Jesus?

Scripture is the breath of God, it refreshens me when God brings it to life and it jumps off of the pages and is quickened in my soul. You should feel it! :biggrin

Think about what you are saying.

Scripture is not the breath of God. The Spirit is the breath of God.

Scripture was written by those who had the Spirit of God and that is why it is "God breathed". It doesn't mean the squiggles on your paper page are the "breath of God."

Back