Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The World is Ending...don't make plans for summer vacation!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Even though Camping is definitely wrong about making such predictions, for no man knows the day or hour of Christ return, however, God may have used this man to keep His elect informed to the approximate timing of His second coming. If camping is off one day, He is wrong and confirmed as false prophet, but Christ made His True People live in expectation of His coming..
This is his third attempt at "predicting" the end.

Any discerning Christian would have already deemed him heretical. :yes

I’ve read up on the May 21st theory and even though they have means for their math they stretch it way far and it is impossible to conclude their date. So I don’t buy their exact date but could the world be coming to an end? I think so. Just look at the messed up things that are happening in the world (it would take me forever to go down the list).
The world is ending may 21st? Yippee I am off that diet right now! where is the pizza, burgers and fries pass them here!:lol

How about we look at this from a historical aspect. First off, there is nothing new under the sun. That's Biblical. If it would take you forever to list what's going down today, how long would it take us to list all the horrific things that went down through the centuries?

Lets see, racial and cultural genocide is nothing new.

Sexual immorality sure isn't new either. Heck, we also scoff at the idea of our teans getting married too early when in fact, it was very common and practical in the days of old.

Killing for the sake of killing, nope, not new either.

Torture? Well, think of what the Brits did centuries ago for those who committed treason.

Crucifixion, which ran rampant through the Roman Empire, was pretty cruel also.

Wars and rumors of wars? that too has been going on for 1,000's of years.

Children disrespecting their elders? Not new either. Aristotle wrote a letter about disobedient children in his time.

Stalin... Hitler, Khan, Napoleon, Mussolini, most of the Roman Emperors, etc.

The various plagues before man learned to contain them through the God-given miracle of medicine.

It seems bad to us (and it is), but it's largely because we are living through it and we have this tendency to disconnect ourselves from events past.

I am 54 and sometimes I say things like, "well back in the day..." because even I feel things were a lot simpler then.

But then I think of my dad, who is a Depression baby... :shame

Well I completely agree with you that history has always been messed up. I am glad that you bring that up because I always tell people that history repeats itself.

But today is different. Back even 60 years ago during the rise of the Soviet Union of communist China, there was no internet, GPS, cell phones or other means of technologically organizing their tyranny. For that reason people were able to escape and liberate themselves much easier than if it happened today. Now if tyranny of that level occurs today on a global level, its endgame. Everything you say and do is being tracked. The next wave of tyranny will be the last wave because we will not be able to defeat it because it will be much different.

Wars of the past were fought with swords and bows or guns and tanks but today the entire world is ridged to blow itself up. We were able to calm down the cold war situation but something of that level is bound to happen again and that is new for humankind.

Also you have to consider environmental changes occurring today (not global warming, out of all the environmental problems, Carbon, a particle essential for all forms of life is the only thing that people are concerned about). Honey bees are dying at an extraordinary rate. The Fukushima just exploded into the Ocean (much different than the land bound Chernobyl), anyone who says that is not huge has no idea what they are talking about and is sedated by too much mainstream news.

Look at what we eat. When was the last time you ate real food? Just go through your fridge and count how many items have whole ingredients in them. And of the foods that do have whole ingredients, what percentage is grown from a GMO crops or a hormone induced animals? We don’t eat real food anymore as a society. And if you want to drink water, well Sodium Fluoride is added to it. Also if you child is feeling sad, instead of trying to make them feel better people put them on drugs that chemically alter the brain like Prozac, Zoloft, ect…

Look at the economy. We live in a global economy ran by the same bankers who can print cash or adjust interest rates and effect the entire world. The US is estimated to spend 3.4 trillion dollars in 2011 alone. That is six times Canada’s lifetime debt. As a nation the US also owes approximately 1.5 quadrillion dollars in derivatives. Never in the history of the world has economic conditions been anything even close to what we are living in.

Now is it a proven fact that the world is coming to an end? Nope. But to make the case that the world has always been this way and we’ve made it through before is downright disingenuous. If you add everything up (and I can name a lot more), you can understand why people are speculating end times and how these times are way different then the times of the past.

as a pre-tribber i hate this. it make those that do believe in this type of rapture. i preach, be ready he is coming soon, its the last days. repent!i dont date, just be ready. i'm no longer dogmatic on end times

i preach, be ready he is coming soon

And thats the problem, by telling people this you are setting them up, the first pesron that comes with supernatural powers claiming to be Jesus will have the whole world following him..

Perhaps we should tell people what the bible tells us in full

1Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;(satan) 4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

And thats the problem, by telling people this you are setting them up, the first pesron that comes with supernatural powers claiming to be Jesus will have the whole world following him..

Perhaps we should tell people what the bible tells us in full

1Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;(satan) 4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Im just curious, why did you put (satan) at the end of that?
It isnt satan, it's the one he uses (who satan gives power,a throne and great authority) who matches concording scripture of the beast and the little horn. Here is the direct scripture of that man of sin, the man of lawlessness who exalts himself above God, sitting in the temple showing himself he is God.

This is the full verse speaking about the man of lawlessness which is found in 2nd Thessalonians verse 2, compare to the little horn described throughout Daniels vision and the beast of the sea in revelation.

"Now brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, not to soon be shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. Let no one decieve you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshipped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan. with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not recieve the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness"

Compare all three mentioned to the scriptures above, you will see it isnt Satan himself, it is the one he uses and gives all power, throne and great authority, he is the one who exalts himself above God showing himself that he is God, and the world (those not written in the Book of Life of the Lamb) will worship him as God, he will also have a personal prophet who also has the power he was given when he is in his presence causing deciet and making the people on earth to worship the beast, take his mark (name,number or mark) and worship his image.

Grace to you, peace from God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

5 days and counting! :lol

I had actually forgot about that whole thing, it makes me very sad, i hope the Lord fills thier hearts after that day when they dont know what to do, i hpe thier hearts shatter into His light.

Grace to you, peace from God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

After reading up on this camping guy....I dont even know where to start. So I saw a picture of his van and it says something like world ending in may 2011, the bible gurantees it. Well one thing about this harold camping is that he doesnt believe that people will go to hell, but rather simply cease to exist. Well Mr. Camping......doesnt the bible gurantee that? Wrong again.

Can't wait for Mr. Camping's reputation to cease to exist in 5 more days!!!:biggrin

Although we know that this type of thing will occur especially near the end, and will be one of the reasons many scoffers will be prevalent around this time, it is still sad to see especially when the bible is used as an absolute confirmation of such dates.:sad

2 days and counting!

Even though I think Camping is in error for trying to pick the exact day and hour of Christ's return (it is supposed to be after 6pm) he is doing a lot more damage than making himself look foolish. I think Camping is giving creditibility to those who say we will have no idea when Christ will return. But imho that is an error because scriptures state we should know the season and definitely Christ stated in Matt 24 that we we saw certain events we would know the GT was upon us. Just knowing you are in the GT will certainly mean that the season for Christ is return is at the door. Of course we will not know the exact day or hour but if we are aware that the GT is taking place (i say aware because the deception of the AC will be upon many, not looking for Christ's return) then we would be expecting his return to be immenient at that time.

It's a shame...I wish Camping took more time to look at the signs that point to the season and to look for the events that scriptures clearly tell us that we will see right before Christ comes for His elect.

But there is one thing Camping was right about. There will be an earthquake. Earthquakes happen every day all over the world and with all of the whoppers that have been happeing lately I'm sure one will be reported somewhere.

Dee

Harold has said people might well be able to watch as all this unfolds, by television, from New Zealand , Oz India etc.

Yeah so when people are getting up for work on the 21st, the first earthquakes should be all over the news (New Zealand is 14 hours ahead).

After 6 Pm where Dee?

According to Camping its supposed to be 6pm wherever you live at haha. So we should see other countries get raptured and then it move to us in the united states starting with the eastcoast then moving over to the westcoast.....hahaha.

Back