Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

They are trying to abduct my younger sister who is a child

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

HSong

https://jesus-saves-all.com/
2024 Supporter
Hello my friends. The date is May 11th 2023

My mother said “I am going to report that as abduction. I am going to call the police” as both of us were talking about this as I was typing this right now. In quotations marks is an exact quote from her, that’s the truth. This is a very severe situation.

There are random people which are trying to get my younger sister who is a minor, below the age of 18, to go into their car and go to another province here in Canada at night which is a drive that’s hours away! She is a child and they are literally trying to take her away from us. I just found out about this today because my sister was texting my mother on the phone. My mom told me this morning when I woke up and I am in shock.

The Lord commands us to protect all children my friends! We must not put them in danger, we must not harm them at all!

Psalm 127:3-5 Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.

And right now, there are enemies at the gate. I bless my mother for taking care of my sister and I. And I bless my sister so that she may be protected by the Lord.

Like I’ve mentioned in my past posts, my sister has had bad experiences with bad friends. My sister mentions how one of her friends only thing to look forward to in life is alcohol and she constantly drinks alcohol even though she’s only around 18 years old. Another one of my sister’s friends has talked about doing weed and cocaine. And another one has done evil things which I cannot say on here.

She herself has even said that she does not like her friends. Yet, I feel like it’s peer pressure that’s pushing her to go. I wish my sister can get support from friends that genuinely support her, rather than those that try to take advantage of her and manipulate her :sad

James 3:16 For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there will be disorder and every vile practice.

Talking to my mother right now she says “She can’t say no. Her friends say come on and she will listen to them.”. I agree with my mother, she’s too controlled. That’s why I have shown her articles about psychology to teach her to recognize abusive relationships because she was in a bad relationship with friends before already in the past.

Even if we assume that her friends are safe, driving that late at night with a bunch of people talking to each other is an easy way to get into a car crash, a motor vehicle accident. It’s a big distraction, especially for the driver. What if they hit an animal while on the road? That could lead to paralysis, medical surgery.

My theory is this. The furnace of affliction is what shapes our personality. Everyone will be corrected by the fire, as all people have sin and all sins have consequences, which is death. Eventually, like a blacksmith heating up iron ingots, though the heat is temporary, the shape the metal is molded into is permanent. So, all people will believe in Christ to be freed from temporary suffering and go into permanent life.

Isaiah 48:10 Behold, I have refined you, but not as silver; I have tried you in the furnace of affliction.

As we know, suffering produces character. The perseverance through pain is what shapes our personality.

Romans 5:3-5 Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

My mother and I have suffered a lot, our whole family in this house is in poverty. For my mother and I, life has been about survival. As the days pass by, on a daily basis, we think about how to survive. By struggling, we have created a good future for my younger sister, her daughter. So for us, we’re grateful for what we have, even if it’s not that much. We love our younger sister and don’t want her to suffer of course, but the only way for her to gain wisdom is to either listen to our experiences of suffering or to experience suffering for ourselves.

I feel personally conflicted and heartbroken. I have sacrificed many things to secure for my younger sister a good future, yet it seems like there’s always people that are trying to take advantage of her. I wish I could like physically transport my wisdom into her somehow, or the wisdom of my mother. We can’t be there to protect her all the time, so I hope she stays safe when we’re not around.

But she should realize by herself that this is a bad idea. She is in school, she has work to study for, she has to do her assignments. She can’t just leave the entire province! Recently, I was able to convert her to Christian Universalism. The truth that eventually all people will have faith alone in Christ and thus will gain permanent life. Thus, I pray that the Holy Spirit protects her, so she may live here on Earth with that happiness of knowing the truth. And I humbly ask for all of your prayers as well during these difficult times my friends. The Lord blesses you all with his protection

James 1:2-4 Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

Back