Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Thomas Ice - Preterism and Zechariah 12-14

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
If you don't believe in God how did YOU find this Professors "opinion" helpful in regard to prophecy?
I'm sorry, does the veracity and helpfulness of an argument now depend on the religious affiliations of those who happen to endorse it?

I'm sorry, does the veracity and helpfulness of an argument now depend on the religious affiliations of those who happen to endorse it?
To some extent I think it does as you don't believe in God let alone Jesus. Your motive then is promote argument in which you don't believe in any outcome? You have no religious affiliation as your a self proclaimed atheist.

To some extent I think it does as you don't believe in God let alone Jesus. Your motive then is promote argument in which you don't believe in any outcome? You have no religious affiliation as your a self proclaimed atheist.
I do not believe Zechariah references A.D. 70. Neither does Professor Ice, and he makes a good case. That is all. My atheism has nothing to do with it.

I do not believe Zechariah references A.D. 70. Neither does Professor Ice, and he makes a good case. That is all. My atheism has nothing to do with it.
I don't think the mount of olives was split in two in AD70. Nor the armies of the nations attacking Jerusalem destroyed by a coming of the Lord. So in regard to Zech 14 prophecies I agree with you not AD70 but I do see Jesus as the coming of the Lord and leading the armies of heaven. I also think the violent earthquake as noted in Rev 11 (same city and same time of the end) as what causes the Mount of Olives to split in two.

I don't think the mount of olives was split in two in AD70. Nor the armies of the nations attacking Jerusalem destroyed by a coming of the Lord. So in regard to Zech 14 prophecies I agree with you not AD70 but I do see Jesus as the coming of the Lord and leading the armies of heaven. I also think the violent earthquake as noted in Rev 11 (same city and same time of the end) as what causes the Mount of Olives to split in two.
Many Preterists (about which this section of the forum is) see Zechariah as a direct prophecy of A.D. 70.

I agree .
You ability to "teach" us about the Bible is very limited and why is that ?
1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

By the power of the Holy Spirit .

You ability to "teach" us about the Bible is very limited and why is that ?
1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

By the power of the Holy Spirit .
There is a reason why I posted a paper written by a Christian...

"What is truth?" (John 18:38)
YES ! Pilot had been speaking to The Truth in person .

The truth you deny as a atheist is that the God that I know , The I AM , is real .

From the very moment I became a Christian I had no doubt of who God was .

T. E. Smith , how was it when you became a Christian ?

YES ! Pilot had been speaking to The Truth in person .

The truth you deny as a atheist is that the God that I know , The I AM , is real .

From the very moment I became a Christian I had no doubt of who God was .

T. E. Smith , how was it when you became a Christian ?
Didn't you already read my testimony?

Wanted to share the opinion of Christian professor Thomas Ice on preterism as it specifically relates to Zechariah 12-14. Very helpful essay that takes down the unbiblical view that Zechariah 12-14 refers to Jesus.
One of our Lord Jesus' names is Israel (Hos.11:1, Mt.2:15). Israel means Prince who prevails with God (Gen.32:28), which is what our Savior has done. Israel also refers to the faithful in Christ (Rom.9:8).
It's important to understand how God delivers his people and what he delivers them from.

One very important aspect is to read OT prophecies as if you were one of the people to whom it was written.

Example, what did Oliver symbolize or remind the people of Israel about..?

Did Oliver have other names? Why?

What occurred 1000 yrs prior to 70 AD?

Points #2 and #9 address some the topics of Zech 14.

That which the law spoke, it spoke to those under the law, so also that to which the prophets prophecied, it prophecied to those under the law and also some prophecies to the people of the everlasting nation birthed out of the nation of law.

Back