Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

" Thy Kingdom Come...In Earth As It Is In Heaven", How Do Non-Futurists Deal With This?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Mat 6:10
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

I fully expect to hear the Kingdom of heaven was already established here but God decided to pack up the tent and take it back to heaven.

Please say it ain't so ?

I fully expect to hear the Kingdom of heaven was already established here but God decided to pack up the tent and take it back to heaven.

Please say it ain't so ?
Good thiught

In heaven
Jesus sits on a throne
On earth
The hidden man of the hart is the natural pacemaker. (As a symbol/image)

With the hope the spiritual reality happens in our spiritual (born again) inner man.

eddif

Act 1:6
"When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?"

Even after the resurrection the disciples understood there would be a period of the Kingdom on earth and Jesus acknowledged this fact to them.

"When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?"

Even after the resurrection the disciples understood there would be a period of the Kingdom on earth and Jesus acknowledged this fact to them.

The disciples were told to preach that the Kingdom of God has (past for us) come. They weren’t told it WILL come in 2000 years.

And, interestingly enough, the disciples thought the Kingdom would be restored to Israel….until the day of the infilling of the Holy Spirit. After that they never again taught it or thought it. The kingdom of God was taken away from Israel and will never be given back to them. Not even futurists can get anything different from Revelation.

The disciples were told to preach that the Kingdom of God has (past for us) come. They weren’t told it WILL come in 2000 years.
That is not Jesus's reply to them.
He never denies this idea of Jesus's return to rule from Israel the disciples are so convinced will one day happen.
BTW, who do you think told this to the disciples in the first place?
Quite the contrary he informs them that it is not for them to know the time & that there is work to be done in the meantime.

When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
Unchecked Copy Box
Act 1:7
And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

Why do you think does he not correct them right then & there and tell them there is no coming Kingdom period on earth , but instead tell them it is not for them to know the time that it will happen?

Do you think Jesus was leading them on in falsehood ?
lying to them.
If what you contend is true how do you explain Jesus cruelly leading them on this way ?

He never denies this idea of Jesus's return to rule from Israel.
Quite the contrary he informs them that it is not foe them to know & that there is work to be done in the meantime.

When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
Unchecked Copy Box
And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
But they never ever mentioned it again. And Revelation does not even come close to mentioning Israel receiving the Kingdom. Israel is mentioned but it isn’t positive. Jerusalem isn’t the city Jesus rules from, it’s called Sodom, not a compliment.
Why do you think does he not correct them right then & there and tell them there is no coming Kingdom period on earth , but instead tell them it is not for them to know the time ?
Because He knows that when they received the Holy Spirit, They never again think they will be in positions of power with Him on earth. They understood that the Kingdom of God has come and will be spread through sharing as He taught them. They knew He was reigning from Heaven through them and wasn’t coming in a hostile violent takeover making Israel the ruling class. They knew eventually the days of the Mosaic covenant were drawing to an end.

The idea that Israel will rule the world was a teaching of the Pharisees, not scripture.
Do you think Jesus was leading them on in falsehood ?
lying to them.
If what you contend is true how do you explain Jesus cruelly leading them on this way ?
He wasn’t. I don’t see why you think He was. He once said he had a lot to teach them but when the HS comes, then they will learn more. He couldn’t teach them all things at once. Would be too much at that point.

Last edited:
He never denies this idea of Jesus's return to rule from Israel the disciples are so convinced will one day happen.
BTW, who do you think told this to the disciples in the first place?
Quite the contrary he informs them that it is not for them to know the time & that there is work to be done in the meantime.

Unchecked Copy Box

Why do you think does he not correct them right then & there and tell them there is no coming Kingdom period on earth , but instead tell them it is not for them to know the time that it will happen?
But they never ever mentioned it again.
Why would they need to mention it again.
This is Jesus risen from the dead telling them that it is not for them to know the time it will happen, and that the immediate priority for them now is the work to be done in the meantime.
Question answered, now get to work .

If what you say is true , again I ask why is Jesus leading them on and telling them that the time it will happen is not for them to know , which if it was never to happen as you contend, would be a lie told by Jesus.

Unchecked Copy Box
And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons

Last edited:
Why would they need to mention it again.
Because it would be absolutely pivotal in prophesy. That the kingdom of God taken AWAY from Israel and never promised to be restored is pivotal. Jesus said the exact opposite and promised to destroy Jerusalem and Judea.
This is Jesus risen from the dead telling them that it is not for them to know the time it will happen, and that the immediate priority for them now is the work to be done in the meantime.
Question answered, now get to work .
No, that is NOT what he said. He didn’t say their theology will happen. He said it’s none of their business what God has planned.
If what you say is true , again I ask why is Jesus leading them on and telling them that the time it will happen is not for them to know , which if it was never to happen as you contend, would be a lie told by Jesus.
He does not say “it will happen.”
Unchecked Copy Box
And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons
Does not confirm their theology at all. God plans times and seasons and it isn’t for us to know what and when.

When Peter preached, he said what Joel prophesied was and would happen. Not a word about Israel ruling.

Hello Consecrated Life.
I believe our Lord is teaching us to pray that his will is done in us.

Please say it ain't so ?
I believe Gods' Kingdom has always been here. The problem is, people don't see it.

There are still kingdoms here on Earth- but not for long!

Dan 2:44-And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed, nor shall its sovereignty be left to another people. It shall break in pieces all these kingdoms and bring them to an end, and it shall stand for ever

No, that is NOT what he said. He didn’t say their theology will happen. He said it’s none of their business what God has planned
The word Jesus uses in the quote I supplied you is TIME , not "planned"
" planned" (Dorothy Mae) appears no where in this quote.
Please proof read your responses on these not so insignificant details before you start replying with substituted words that do not exist in the verse quoted to you.
Thank you.
Act 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons

Yes He is teaching us to pray for what is yet to come on earth , just as it exists in heaven above right ?
Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Or do you think what you see on earth today is the finished fulfilment of Jesus's Will as it is happening in heaven today ?

Please proof read your responses on these not so insignificant details before you start replying with substituted words that do not exist in the verse quoted to you.
Thank you.
Act 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons
Jesus did not confirm their assumptions which is a theology the Pharisees had. Once they were filled with the Holy Spirit they never hinted at this outcome. Paul even wrote of Jesus second coming explicitly and there was no hint of coming to Jerusalem to reign from there. Revelation has more than one sentence on the second coming and no hint of settling in Jerusalem and ruling the world from there.

Besides, Jesus destroyed that city to the ground. Even the Americans chose not to bomb Heidelberg during WW2 because they were going to have their headquarters there.

And why do you think TIMES means PLACE? Why do you think SEASONS means place? There’s no logical connection. Once filled with the Holy Spirit they dropped the Pharisees teaching of Messiah ruling the world from Jerusalem. They knew the Kingdom of God would never be given back to theJews once taken away and “given to a nation producing the fruits thereof.”

Thank you.
And why do you think TIMES means PLACE? Why do you think SEASONS means place?
For me Times means times, & seasons means seasons, both of which Jesus informs the disciples they are not to know as they pertain to the coming Kingdom.
Pretty basic english.

Please say it ain't so ?
It isn't so.
Jesus' prayers have been answered in the affirmative, by God.

I believe Gods' Kingdom has always been here. The problem is, people don't see it.
I think o will state my thoughts from scripture.

The disciples went to Jerusalem and waited for the day of Pentecost. They got the power. Later the gentiles got the power. To me we presently live in the Kingdom. The New Jerusalem has been coming for a long time.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Yes He is teaching us to pray for what is yet to come on earth , just as it exists in heaven above right ?
Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Or do you think what you see on earth today is the finished fulfilment of Jesus's Will as it is happening in heaven today ?
Not in the unconverted parts of the world.
Those in Christ, however, walk as Christ walked, today.

Back