Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

To err is human. To forgive divine.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

humble soul

On Sabbatical from Rome
Do you agree?
So the more forgiving we are, the more God is working in us?
Do you forgive easily?
Do you hold any grudges now?
When is the last time you truly forgave someone?

I struggle with forgiveness. Therefore I struggle with love. I don't like some people. And as I get older, get set in my ways, they stay truly unforgiven.
I pray for those people. The ones I haven't forgiven. I know God allows it to rain on everyone, so God will see them differently to me. But a stubborn streak remains. An arrogant streak I suspect. That those people are less. Part of me knows that is an illusion. But part of me stays blind.
Why do I do the thing i hate?
Maybe I still take delight in evil

If Dan doesn't mind me using him as an example. When we have been on the receiving of such trauma, forgiveness on our own seems nigh impossible. Only God in us can do it.
I've never suffered as much as Dan by the way. Nowhere near.

In the eighties, a young nurse in Sydney was kidnapped, raped and tortured and murdered by a gang.
Not immediately, but gradually the woman's father was able to forgive them.
He started a parents of victims support group. He was a Buddhist by the way. Seems God's forgiveness doesn't just work through Christians.

Last edited:
If Dan doesn't mind me using him as an example. When we have been on the receiving of such trauma, forgiveness on our own seems nigh impossible. Only God in us can do it.
I've never suffered as much as Dan by the way. Nowhere near.
Only God in us can do it.

It can be done...

Forgiveness is part of God's Amazing Grace. Sins wiped clean and gone. That is the hard bit for us because we Still renember. Yes it has to be God working through us when we forgive.
I like the fact that you pray for those people Humble.

Forgiveness is costly and is frequently used as a tool to abuse others.

Christians should be following the example of Jesus. He forgave us, on our repentance.
On the cross he did not forgive those who crucified him but asked his Father to forgive them.

Two simple points that is so hard for people to accept.

No one is forgiven untill they repent, yes Jesus' rightousness deals with every sin that ever was, has been, or will be done. Those who have not believed in him/repented etc will still end in hell.

We follow Jesus' example and forgive those who are sorry for offending us.
Those who won't or can't say sorry we hand them, the situation and our feelings over to God to deal with.
Then we pray for them.

I forgive others without question if they ask for it. I forgive myself. God will forgive me if i ask. God will forgive others if they ask.

If someone asks for forgiveness it means they have acknowledged the wrong they have done. Why hold a grudge.

Last edited:
Do you agree?
So the more forgiving we are, the more God is working in us?
Do you forgive easily?
Do you hold any grudges now?
When is the last time you truly forgave someone?
What a beautiful title of this thread . Very Godly. Very doctrinal. Very salvaging
...Ameen, Ameen, Ameeen ???✝️

Back