Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Tounges

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
It was many different languages as spoken differently from all the nations that were gathered there, but yet they heard others speak in their native tongue that never spoke their language before.

Act 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
Act 2:2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
Act 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
Act 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
Act 2:5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.
Act 2:6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.
Act 2:7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?
Act 2:8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?

It was many different languages as spoken differently from all the nations that were gathered there, but yet they heard others speak in their native tongue that never spoke their language before.

Act 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
Act 2:2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
Act 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
Act 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
Act 2:5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.
Act 2:6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.
Act 2:7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?

I will study more.

Last edited:
So the people ott side heard the peope inside speak different langauges they could understand, but most people spoke different langauges anyhow. Like Paul for example spoke hebrew and greek and more maybe?.

When I read those parts I highlighted my understanding is that every Jew from all the nations that were gathered there that each one heard the 120 in the upper room speaking in the different languages of every nation these Jews came from. Many of those who were in the upper room were from Galilee and would not know the various languages.

I do speak and pray in tongues, mostly when I'm praying, as the Holy Spirit gives me utterance, but yet I have no idea of what language it is other then it being a Spiritual language. I have also heard testimonies of others who God sent to other countries and they did not know the language, but the Holy Spirit spoke through them.

Four important reasons to pray in tongues - Kenneth E. Hagin

1. Devotional Use

1 Corinthians 14:2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

Paul is talking about the individual Spirit filled believer employing the use of tongues in his prayer life. Through speaking in tongues you can pray out the plan of God for your life by the power of the Holy Spirit.

2. Spiritual Edification

1 Corinthians 14:4 He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.
Tongues are also used as a means of Spiritual edification. The word edifieth means to build up. Speaking in tongues isn't mental edification, but Spiritual edification.

3. Worshiping God
Acts 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
Acts 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God.

For believers that are filled with the Holy Spirit, tongues are used in their worship and devotion to God.
This verse is concerning Cornelius and his household when they began to speak with tongues magnifying the Lord.
Speaking in tongues is a supernatural way to magnify God.

4. Doorway to the Supernatural
1 Corinthians 12:11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

Speaking with tongues is the doorway into all the other Spiritual gifts. Some people want to experience all the gifts of the Spirit at once, but you have to go through the door to get into the supernatural. Also, it is as the Spirit of God wills, not as we will. In other words, you can't force or put on a manifestation of the gifts of the Spirit.

The Bible teaches us to desire spiritual gifts, 1 Corinthians 14:1. The Bible also teaches us to earnestly covet the best gifts, 1 Corinthians 12:31. But remember that those words were written to people who already spoke in tongues. They weren't written to people who did not speak in tongues.

Luke 11:9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
Luke 11:10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Back