Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Trading Talents-Fellowship

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

LABrown

TRADING TALENTS SHARING

Trading talents is shareing what you have learned. Not dictating your belief to others. Or demanding replies to foolish questions.

Matt 25:14-30
14 "For the kingdom of heaven is like a man traveling to a far country, who called his own servants and delivered his goods to them.
15 "And to one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one, to each according to his own ability; and immediately he went on a journey.
16 "Then he who had received the five talents went and traded with them, and made another five talents.
17 "And likewise he who had received two gained two more also.
18 "But he who had received one went and dug in the ground, and hid his lord's money.
19 "After a long time the lord of those servants came and settled accounts with them.
20 "So he who had received five talents came and brought five other talents, saying, 'Lord, you delivered to me five talents; look, I have gained five more talents besides them.'
21 "His lord said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.'
22 "He also who had received two talents came and said, 'Lord, you delivered to me two talents; look, I have gained two more talents besides them.'
23 "His lord said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant; you have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.'
24 "Then he who had received the one talent came and said, 'Lord, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you have not sown, and gathering where you have not scattered seed.
25 'And I was afraid, and went and hid your talent in the ground. Look, there you have what is yours.'
26 "But his lord answered and said to him, 'You wicked and lazy servant, you knew that I reap where I have not sown, and gather where I have not scattered seed.
27 'So you ought to have deposited my money with the bankers, and at my coming I would have received back my own with interest.
28 'Therefore take the talent from him, and give it to him who has ten talents.
29 'For to everyone who has, more will be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away.
30 'And cast the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'
(NKJ)
Matt 8:33-9:1
33 Then those who kept them fled; and they went away into the city and told everything, including what had happened to the demon-possessed men.
34 And behold, the whole city came out to meet Jesus. And when they saw Him, they begged Him to depart from their region.
CHAPTER 9
1 So He got into a boat, crossed over, and came to His own city.
(NKJ)
Matt 10:5-6
5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: "Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans.
6 "But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Matt 10:23-24
23 "When they persecute you in this city, flee to another. For assuredly, I say to you, you will not have gone through the cities of Israel before the Son of Man comes.
24 "A disciple is not above his teacher, nor a servant above his master.
Luke 10:8-12
8 "Whatever city you enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you.
9 "And heal the sick there, and say to them, 'The kingdom of God has come near to you.'
10 "But whatever city you enter, and they do not receive you, go out into its streets and say,
11 'The very dust of your city which clings to us we wipe off against you. Nevertheless know this, that the kingdom of God has come near you.'
12 "But I say to you that it will be more tolerable in that Day for Sodom than for that city.
1 Pet 1:5-7
5 who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
6 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials,
7 that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ,
1 Pet 4:9-11
9 Be hospitable to one another without grumbling.
10 As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.
11 If anyone speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God. If anyone ministers, let him do it as with the ability which God supplies, that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belong the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.
(NKJ)

I have a logical question here. And I might also add where I'm at in my walk. I went through the three years of the milk understanding (guessing at what the verses mean carnally). And I went through the 11 years of the meat (purging my mind of all carnality and reasoning). Then I started coming to these revelations in my mind (total verses one after another from all over the new testament). And I have been receiving these revelations for 25 years (on all subjects that pertain to the new testament). Now I went through this walk just between me and the Holy Spirit. I have received over 2500 of these revelations. Now by walking through it without a person guiding me, I just assumed that everyone else went through their walk in about the same way. I have led many to the Holy Spirit and they go through their walk in pretty much the same way I did. I can actually see where they are at in their walk, and witness accordingly.
But when I got on the net there is a whole new out look on the bible and its meanings. And the people that I meet on the net seem angry and confused at what I share with them. I share what I have received and how I received it and who I received it from. As far as I know this is tradeing talents. I am always ready for anyone who can show me what comes next. But what I seem to get out of people is criticizm. I myself dont have any emotions or feelings anymore about what anyone says, but I sure get criticized by others which are obviously emotional.and angry. Now when they get like this the Holy Spirit tells me they are envious or jealous. And when I ask, they deny it in a very unchristian way. Now as far as what I have learned or minister to others. I tell them remember this that deceived means that you believe something is right when it is actually wrong, or you believe that something is wrong when it is actually right. But know this that no one can know they are deceived, if you know you are deceived then you cant be deceived. So I am always ready to look at the evidence that they present. But if it doesnt pertain to the subject, or it isnt in a verse then I know they are just guessing carnally. But if it is a verse and it is used in a manner that glorifies Christ or the new testament then I turn to the Holy Spirit to bear witness to it. And if He bears witness to it then I accept the help as Spiritual. But if He bears witness to it that it is carnal or from the milk then I share what He has given me to those doing the criticizing. And we are back to tradeing talents. I never look at anything someone shares with me as bad for me. But alot of other people get emotional and rebel against me for sharing.
So my question is: Am I the only one on here that is here to trade talents? And is everyone on here only on here to teach? And is there any humility on the net? And if anyone else has went further down their walk than I have mine then please show me your revelations so I can compare them to mine?
I am humble enough to admit I cant walk on water yet. I did curse a tree and it wasnt plucked up, matter of fact it took one week for the tree to even turn brown. I see away to much self exalting pride on the net. And I dont see enough tradeing talents.

[1Co 3:5–9
[5] Who then is Paul, and who [is] Apollos, but ministers through whom you believed, as the Lord gave to each one?
[6] I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase.
[7] So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase.
[8] Now he who plants and he who waters are one, and each one will receive his own reward according to his own labor.
[9] For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, [you are] God's building.

[1Co 2:13-16
13 These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned.
15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is [rightly] judged by no one.
16 For "who has known the mind of the LORD that he may instruct Him?" But we have the mind of Christ.

See also edify

I am humble enough to admit I cant walk on water yet.

Do you think you will be able to walk on water?

I dont think I need to. None of the apostles did.
Have you forgotten the apostle Peter ?
Matt14:25-33
25 And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea.
26 And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear.
27 But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.
28 And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.
29 And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.
30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.
31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?
32 And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased.
33 Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.

So my question is: Am I the only one on here that is here to trade talents? And is everyone on here only on here to teach? And is there any humility on the net? And if anyone else has went further down their walk than I have mine then please show me your revelations so I can compare them to mine?
I will share this with you . We need to read the bible with understanding . If you can't grasp the meaning in the verse read the verse in another translation (version) of the bible and a commentary can be helpful also .

We need to read the Old Testament and the New Testament, one is not complete without the other, they are interlocking .

Spend as much time as you can in prayer .

25 And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea.
26 And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear.
27 But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.
28 And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.
29 And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.
30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.
31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?
33 Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.

I will share this with you . We need to read the bible with understanding . If you can't grasp the meaning in the verse read the verse in another translation (version) of the bible and a commentary can be helpful also .

We need to read the Old Testament and the New Testament, one is not complete without the other, they are interlocking .

Very good that is the way to trade talents. I hope everyone reads this.

Peter only walked on water by the Lords doing.

There are no Apostles and prophets today.

Please show proof if there are.

Don't you think there are two factors involved that allowed Peter to walk on water ?
Of course, but it was only by the Lords power that he was able to do so.

I am not certain where the OP is coming from with the phrase "trading talents"

I have never heard such a phrase before. Perhaps this is new amongst Pentecostals and charismatics?

I do not know.

Of course, but it was only by the Lords power that he was able to do so.
Yes, it was God's power that enabled Peter to walk on the water but that is not the most important thing we learn from this . The first step was all Peter's, he stepped out in faith . We need to understand it was Peter's faith that kept him on top of the water , if Peter would have stayed focused on Jesus and not been distracted by the wind and the waves he would have not sunk in the waters .
I am not certain where the OP is coming from with the phrase "trading talents"

I have never heard such a phrase before. Perhaps this is new amongst Pentecostals and charismatics?

I do not know.
:shrug

Yes, it was God's power that enabled Peter to walk on the water but that is not the most important thing we learn from this . The first step was all Peter's, he stepped out in faith . We need to understand it was Peter's faith that kept him on top of the water , if Peter would have stayed focused on Jesus and not been distracted by the wind and the waves he would have not sunk in the waters .

:shrug
Where did Peter's faith come from?

Where did Peter's faith come from?
This verse tells of everyone having the measure of faith.
Romans 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

All the apostles on the ship had a measure of faith but Peter was the only one who exercised his faith .
For us to grow as Christians we must exercise our faith :) .

A parable .

Using your gifts given only on to you to bring God glory.as we do God not us multiplies it .yet so often it involves self sacrifice,toil and suffering and even death .

It's that simple

A parable .

Using your gifts given only on to you to bring God glory.as we do God not us multiplies it .yet so often it involves self sacrifice,toil and suffering and even death .

It's that simple
Gifts Will Cease

[1Co 13:8–10
[8] Love never fails. But whether [there are] prophecies, they will fail; whether [there are] tongues, they will cease; whether [there is] knowledge, it will vanish away.
[9] For we know in part and we prophesy in part.
[10] But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.

[1Co 12:8-11
[8] for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit,
[9] to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit,
[10] to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another [different] kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues.
[11] But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.

prophecies, they will fail;
miracles
prophecy

whether [there are] tongues, they will cease
tongues
interpretation

whether [there is] knowledge, it will vanish away.
wisdom
knowledge
discerning of spirits

xxx The only two that you will keep These two will carry on into the meat. All nine gifts are in each one of the revelations of Jesus Christ.
faith
healing

xxx And fasting will cease.

Mk 2-18
The disciples of John and of the Pharisees were fasting. Then they came and said to Him, "Why do the disciples of John and of the Pharisees fast, but Your disciples do not fast?"

LABrown going to move this to Biblical Growth and Study for a better fit as new member forum is for just welcoming new members. In the future select the right forum for your threads.

God bless

LABrown you will find we are a diverse group of people who hold our own understandings of the word of God and do not always agree with each other, but to discuss the differences respecting one another and their understandings. Some are on milk while others are on meat. Some only learn what comes from the pulpit and others are Spiritual diggers in the word of God. As long as we remember that then can we walk in unity of love for our brother and sisters. Never tell others they are wrong and you are right as this is prideful and only causes division and usually brings on heavy ugly debates.

If you have a problem with a member then take it to Talk With the Staff include the forum, title of the thread and the postings that are in question so the staff can go read what has been reported and we can reconcile the issue.

Everyone believes they are right, but if we are Spiritually open for correction that only comes from the Holy Spirit using another that has more Spiritual knowledge then another this will lead to healthy mature discussions. It's always better to walk away from an argument instead of fueling the fire. Looking forward with sharing with each other and you have a blessed day.

Gifts Will Cease

[1Co 13:8–10
[8] Love never fails. But whether [there are] prophecies, they will fail; whether [there are] tongues, they will cease; whether [there is] knowledge, it will vanish away.
[9] For we know in part and we prophesy in part.
[10] But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.

[1Co 12:8-11
[8] for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit,
[9] to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit,
[10] to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another [different] kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues.
[11] But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.

prophecies, they will fail;
miracles
prophecy

whether [there are] tongues, they will cease
tongues
interpretation

whether [there is] knowledge, it will vanish away.
wisdom
knowledge
discerning of spirits

xxx The only two that you will keep These two will carry on into the meat. All nine gifts are in each one of the revelations of Jesus Christ.
faith
healing

xxx And fasting will cease.

Mk 2-18
The disciples of John and of the Pharisees were fasting. Then they came and said to Him, "Why do the disciples of John and of the Pharisees fast, but Your disciples do not fast?"
Most modern churches teach fasting is still revalant.

Talents are not what we have in that context .I gave a gift ,use it multiply it.

It can be this,I choose to use my abilities to fix cars for only my benefit and not the gospel .God may judge me for that .

It's not your idea of trading tit for tat at church.
Otherwise wile not a sin ,why even have outreach to help the lost ?

They can just go to their friends .

Back