Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] "trouble maker" troubles, lol

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
ugh. I tangled with the shrinks -before- I got truly, genuinely saved...

and lived to tell the tale. with a misdemeanor, lol. God is Good! and...merciful, obviously.

the aggressive bullying waxes and wanes. labels, nonsense. what's the point of mental health, inc. , anyway? I have been picked on at the clinic, even. and...it gets bad, counselors I don't know and I think may work at places in the area (but not at the clinic, itself) taking the time to taunt me, sometimes with graphic sexual stuff, and...

yeah, not a fan. nothing I can do about it, though. My own, actual counselor is...a godsend, really. He puts my mind at ease about stuff, helps me sort of...how do I put this?...take a step back and not over-analyze some of the stuff I hear sometimes, but at least understand it not as a "symptom" or freak out about junk happening, but just...

take a step back. what is this about, really? He's born again, too, which...honestly, now that I've been truly in Christ for 9 years, I see the massive difference that makes, even when the stuff the world sees (titles, degrees, years experience, all that) might not be any different. OK, so...

mind games seem to be a part of "treatment," and they're making me crazy, lol. I'm regarded as a trouble maker because I pursued some legal action against a former shrink, which is apparently never OK, ever...especially in my case. truth? in the mental health world, its -always- the patient's fault, whenever anything goes wrong. always. psychiatrists, in particular, are horrible about labeling and stigmatizing non-compliant and/or angry former patients. and...

on and on it goes...in Christ, I see that's part of "how the world works," and I'm increasingly thankful that He has seen fit to make me (and other believers, obviously) "...in the world, -but not of it- ...," so even if I have to contend with mental health, inc...

in Christ, and thanks to His work in my life, its fairly easy breezy. no hospitalization in nearly 15 years, now. never been committed and never been in a state facility, so that has meant a lot more freedom for me. I go in for med checks and occasional counseling, that's the extent of it. I was trying to volunteer thru a job placement program at the clinic, but...the person in charge of that was kind of game playing, too, and....ugh. done. done.

rambling...with all my labels and such, its really...not just about the former shrinks and counselors and all that stuff, is it? that was just...the form the usual suspects (sin, satan, self, and the world) took in my previous life, before Jesus saved (is saving, will save...) me and it the form of the existence of the old man that rears up, the echoes of all that junk, and....

blah blah blah. A former counselor seems to have been reprimanded. The nature of the reprimand is not public, but his license was not continuous. His license has now expired, which I think means...that's it, basically. A number of former counselors' licenses seem to have lapsed, never to be renewed, along with a nurse or two, as well. maybe that litigation had way, way more of an impact than I thought? -shrug- can't change the mental health industry, though. its...the nature of the system. Jesus saves. counselors...at best...seem to be able to maybe help put things like voices, recurring thoughts, etc. into proper perspective. that's a blessing.

what I don't get is...if I was a brain damaged example of what drugs, psychiatry, psychology, the gay community, and generally..."the real world" and/or "not knowing his place in society" do to a person...

what does it mean, now that I'm physically healthy, labeled with some sort of "severe mental illness" (for real this time, I guess?), and apparently have a "high IQ (estimate)" and all that? -shrug-

trouble maker. ugh. I just wanted....out. it wasn't until Jesus intervened that I realized I needed -Jesus- first and foremost, and a good part of The good news is...

to set the captives free, make the blind to see....

yeah. yeah. part prayer request, part just...I dunno...I was getting gas the other day, and some dude was literally -yelling- from the other side of the station about some junk, people have -yelled- about the litigation, and...

I don't get it. Creeped out, I guess. Off probation 5 years now, actually. No arrests in 9 years, now. why...is this an issue for these random bullies -now- ? don't get it, obviously. hence the prayer request. :)

Back