Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

True Religion

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

destiny

People should be able to look at us and see something different; I don't mean our clothing, or hairstyle, or anything superficial. If the Holy Spirit resides in us then people should see Jesus in practical ways through our lives.

Micah said it something like this:
6:8
He has shown you, O man, what is good;
And what does the LORD require of you
But to do justly,
To love mercy,
And to walk humbly with your God?

How practical is that? There is nothing big, impractical, exclusive or mystical there or here..

James 1:27

Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.

So simplistic. The world should be attracted to the unity and love they see among believers, we are Jesus' hands, feet, and mouthpiece. We might be the only representation of Jesus that most people ever know.

Good thoughts Destiny :)
The Lord is in the process of teaching me what it means to follow him, and I think you have summed it up well. It isn't about how often or not I pray, or what I feel pressured to do by others because of their point of view, or whether I miss church tonight or not. All of that can come into play with my relationship with the Holy Spirit, and that is very important. But if I am going to be a true follower of Christ, then I am going to have a servant's heart. It's a term I've heard often before, but only recently have I really thought about what it means, and I think the verses you provided nailed it.

I think what I have learned through the years is that If I seek the Lord through relationship, all other things work themselves out as far as works. And.. humility is something that always touches the heart of God. Man can sure complicate the simplicity of our relationship with God at times, but His yoke is easy and His burden is light.
Leadership in God's economy is to serve, His pyramid is upside down from the worlds, where the greatest serves the least. Thanks, Caroline.

Back