Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Truly, who are we, and why are we here?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
We may be the wisdom of God. In the very opening of B'raisheet we are informed the clay of existence, the substrate from which every aspect of the world emanates, is totally ethereal wisdom that finds its origins in the infinite wisdom of God ("God said..."). That something intangible, as ephemeral, as wisdom could metamorphose and become the energy and eventually the solidarity of the physical world is only slightly more incredible than the scientifically accepted opinion that the energy of the so called big bang creation ultimately became alive, sentient and filled with all emotions of, love, joy, excitement and of course sometimes boredom. Now this may go against the grain here but IMO we are the wisdom of our Creator, Gods word incarnate.

As to why? Well, Mark Twain was quote as saying: "The two most important days in a persons life is the day he was born and the day he finds why. :)

Last edited:
Hiedelberg Catechism (1563): Question #1

Q. What is your only comfort in life and in death?

A. That I am not my own,1
but belong— body and soul, in life and in death—2
to my faithful Savior, Jesus Christ.3
He has fully paid for all my sins with his precious blood,4
and has set me free from the tyranny of the devil.5
He also watches over me in such a way6
that not a hair can fall from my head without the will of my Father in heaven;7
in fact, all things must work together for my salvation.8
Because I belong to him, Christ, by his Holy Spirit, assures me of eternal life9
and makes me wholeheartedly willing and ready from now on to live for him.10

1 1 Cor. 6:19-20
2 Rom. 14:7-9
3 1 Cor. 3:23; Titus 2:14
4 1 Pet. 1:18-19; 1 John 1:7-9; 2:2
5 John 8:34-36; Heb. 2:14-15; 1 John 3:1-11
6 John 6:39-40; 10:27-30; 2 Thess. 3:3; 1 Pet. 1:5
7 Matt. 10:29-31; Luke 21:16-18
8 Rom. 8:28
9 Rom. 8:15-16; 2 Cor. 1:21-22; 5:5; Eph. 1:13-14
10 Rom. 8:1-17

I think the book of Ecclesiastes answers this question fairly completely.

Solomon posed the same question and surrounding questions. And answered it.

Eph 3:10~~New American Standard Bible
so that the manifold wisdom of God might now be made known through the church to the rulers and the authorities in the heavenly places.

We were created to witness the righteousness and Justice(mercy and Grace/Glorify) of God to satan and the fallen angels. Every time a man/women BELIEVES on Christ.......we put another nail in satans coffin. And when we follow Gods plan after salvation we show the multifaceted wisdom of God to satan and the fallen angels.

Last edited:
Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power: for thou has created all things, and for thy pleasure, they are and were created. Revelations 4:11. Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments: For this is the whole duty of man. Ecclesiastes 12:13."

Romans 8:11-17
11. And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.
12. Therefore, brothers and sisters, we have an obligation--but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it.
13. For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.
14. For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.
15. The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father."
16.The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.
17. Now if we are children, then we are heirs--heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

Genesis 1:
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. 30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

to know God, to love God, to cherish God, to obey God, now and for eternity.

I think something like that is in a version of the Westminster Catechism.

Back