Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Two things to do to limit heart disease

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Gazelle

I heard a cardiologist say that if he could get people to change two things, they would cut their chance of heart disease by 300%.

yeah, well, the 300% might have been a little lower :biggrin...

but what he said those two ways were is astounding...

take vitamin D3 and don't eat wheat.

I'm currently studying about organic foods and such... and had already been limiting my intake of wheat since I thought I was allergic to it. (Now I'm wondering if it's the synthetic wheat that is irksome and not necessarily an allergy.)

He said not to bother about being gluten free, but to remove wheat from your diet. Tough act. But he presented many recipes using other flours like coconut, almond, soy bases (some were good looking desserts too.)

He explained how the new wheat we are consuming was developed for areas in 3rd world countries and it was to prevent starvation... but it isn't healthy for us. (He went into the whys of all this, which I'm sure someone here knows all about...the process ...GMO genetically modified... and it all made sense to me.)

But I guess what really caught my attention (aside from it corresponding with what I was studying) is that here was a CARDIO guy... telling us how to put him out of business. :lol

That is interesting, Gazelle. I've noticed that for the past couple of years, I've been finding harder and harder to eat wheat, especially in the "whole grain" breads that everyone pushes as being "healthier". For me, it's very hard to swallow, and I grew up on homemade baked breads and whole grains and it's never bothered me before. I just thought it was something to do with my ever changing body...not that perhaps the wheat itself has been modified to something different.

Pardon the pun, it's good food for thought.

Do you have any links to share on the subject?

Smart cardiologist. It's refreshing to hear that from a doctor instead of the politicized and "establishment" medical and health advice these days.

Of course the best source of vitamin D3 is cholesterol and plenty of sunlight, the two things that they tell you to avoid at all costs as if to say that God placed a big cancer-causing orb in the sky. If that was the case, then their concept of God, or even just the universe (if they don't believe in God) is more corrupt, ridiculous, and evil than they accuse the hell-fire Christians' God of being. I get plenty of sunlight, but in these winter months when the sun is too low to manufacture D3 for me, I will take about 6500 units (give or take) daily mostly in oil tablet forms. But if I know I'll get sunlight during the day in the summer, I'll forego the vitamin pill for that day.

As for wheat, I eat little, but we've been eating the sprouted grain stuff without your "whole grain" breads in the store which they try to push as healthy but contain bad things such as corn syrup, canola oil or soy-based products. I don't think any of that stuff is bad in moderation, but our foods are loaded with them and the body can't deal with that much if eaten all the time. In short, back to nature is better.

Tim, I don't get what you have against healthcare professionals. It is recommended to take in some sunlight, but in moderation. They tell you to put on sunscreen and go in the shade because ultraviolet radiation is scattered, and even in the shade you still get ~50% of the UV rays. Excess and prolonged exposure can be very damaging because radiation damage effects are cumulative.

Tim, I don't get what you have against healthcare professionals. It is recommended to take in some sunlight, but in moderation. They tell you to put on sunscreen and go in the shade because ultraviolet radiation is scattered, and even in the shade you still get ~50% of the UV rays. Excess and prolonged exposure can be very damaging because radiation damage effects are cumulative.

Well, I'm not asking anyone to burn in the sun, but I can go a few hours in the summer sun, no sunscreen and as long as I don't burn, I don't care. I take offense at people that tell me otherwise, just because they want a Draculean philosophy about the sun.

Back