Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Unconditional Election or did God foreknow something in us Conditioned Salvation upon?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Jesus said those who give a cup of cold water to little ones get a reward. He didn’t specify what.
Agreed.

I would say that the reward could just be that someone thirsty got water to drink.
Helping should be a reward in and of itself.
As Jesus said, as if we were doing so to Him.

Its unconditional as to what man needs to do. Predestination is totally conditioned on Gods prerogatives outside of the sinner. And 1 Pet 1:2 says nothing about Gods foreknowledge being a condition, thats something you said
When you change a person's name the forum doesn't notify.

I think my revised OP above in #152 will correct your misunderstanding of my position.

Revised OP:

Predestination unto Salvation: Was Divine Election Conditional, Unconditional or Both?

Scripture says divine election is conditioned “according to the foreknowledge of God” (1 Pt. 1:2):

Scripture also says divine election was not conditioned according to works either good or evil the Elect do:

Like the Blind Men and the Elephant, Calvin citing Paul declared Election was by Sovereign choice and not based upon foreknowledge at all, while Arminius quoted Peter and insisted it was based upon the works of “foreseen faith” or its arbitrary nature implies unrighteousness with God.

But if we deduce what it was God foreknew, the paradox vanishes. Before the foundation of the world it follows Omniscient God had two versions of Creation in view, the “Unfallen Version” which existed only in the Mind of God, and the “Fallen Version” that actually came into existence.

If God elects according to “a condition” foreknown in the “unfallen version” (which never comes into existence), Election would be according to God’s Sovereign “good purpose and will” and free of any hint of unfairness even though it is not based upon any works of good or evil the Elect actually do in this life.

Why complicate what is clear in scripture?
You're theory cannot be correct.

Here's why.

Someone in the saved state dies before they are born again.

What is this scenario, or is it possible in
Your theory.

Its unconditional as to what man needs to do. Predestination is totally conditioned on Gods prerogatives outside of the sinner. And 1 Pet 1:2 says nothing about Gods foreknowledge being a condition, thats something you said.
There is a condition to being saved.
Jesus said so.

John 3:5,7

Why complicate what is clear in scripture?
You're theory cannot be correct.

Here's why.

Someone in the saved state dies before they are born again.

What is this scenario, or is it possible in
Your theory.
Really good question. Brilliant! If they answer they go to heaven anyway because their theology says so, then being born again becomes superfluous. If they answer “no” then predestination falls apart. Makes them choose whether predestination is actually THE ONLY FACTOR or not! Brilliant l!!

Really good question. Brilliant! If they answer they go to heaven anyway because their theology says so, then being born again becomes superfluous. If they answer “no” then predestination falls apart. Makes them choose whether predestination is actually THE ONLY FACTOR or not! Brilliant l!!
I just think too much..

Lol

I just think too much..

Lol
Not at all. I encourage you to think. God wants us to love Him with our minds. There is no thinking too much. There is not thinking at all and thinking only what others tell you to think. There is also thinking down the wrong path. But too much? No. I like your thinking. Keep it up...

Back