Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Using antihistamines to sleep

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

humble soul

On Sabbatical from Rome
I started waking up in the middle of the night. My brother advised me to use anti histamines.
So I take them almost nightly.
But they tend to make you feel drowsy the next day.
Do many of you use antihistamines to sleep?

I started waking up in the middle of the night. My brother advised me to use anti histamines.

What's wrong with waking up in the middle of the night?

Quantrill

I've been contemplating getting some high potency CBD (or hemp tincture - with a small trace of N8)
That's because my daughter, who lives outside Atlanta, about 400 miles from us, swears its good for sleep.

One drawback is that it is a little pricey. About $50 or so for a month's supply. But I've had sleep apnea for about 20 yr. now, and sleep is hard for me to get, and I wake up usually once or twice per night.

I went by a store today and asked the proprietor for a sample (I stood outside and called in, so I wouldn't have to go in), and sure enough, he gave me one, so I'll try it tonight.

By the way, my state of Virginia has made all forms of hemp legal.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/proprietor

gabapentin is neurontin. here, lyrica is a controlled substance, but gabapentin is cheap and generic and -not- a controlled substance, even though the two are very similar, chemically. for sleep, its OK. not the best for day time agitation.

Nothing. If you like being awake then. I prefer to be asleep at 2am. Apparently circadian rhythms suggest we should be asleep at that time, as well.

Personally, I would never take anything just to go to sleep. If I can't sleep, then I will read and study. If I wake up in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep, then it's time to get up.

Quantrill

My grandmother used to suffer like that. She used to have s drink if horlics before she went to bed. That used to work for her..

listen to Tessa ...

and with 'alternative' options, I've had good success with anxiety and sleep by reintroducing high dose B3 into my mix. 2-3 x per day, I take: 3 grams vitamin C, 1 b-100 tablet, and 2 grams niacinamide (B3, no flush). I also take a multi and natural form vitamin E.

and...yes, please. the results a couple weeks in are -good- . sometimes...too good. last night, I took my 2nd dose of the day, and drifted off into a -heavy- nap, awakened only by some kind of alarm on my phone (some kid went missing? sad...). I was literally so deeply asleep I'd been -drooling- . true story.

www.doctoryourself.com

CBD works great for sleep if you're able to use it. I advise against getting the mint chocolate flavors if you plan on sleeping, though. I don't know, but the peppermint just wakes me up all the way.

Melatonin supplement might help, too. It'd still be able to work and not as intense as taking anti-histamines to sleep - I don't think they're supposed to be used for sleep. They do make you sleepy, but they're for allergies and such.

I've "borrowed" a friend's Lorazepam a time or two. It helps me, as long as I don't take it frequently.
I am pretty sure that it's illegal to give a prescribed medication to someone else if their name isn't on the label.

Benzodiazepines can be dangerous, especially if they aren't prescribed to you. They are powerful, controlled substances.

One reason I can't sleep is blocked sinuses. Antihistamines seem to unblock.
Have you thought about the cause of the sinus infection? It might be inflammation-related, which would indicate that some sort of sinus infection is residing in the tissue. If it is mucus related then I think you should look into the environmental factors - for instance if there is mould or unclean bedding etc.

Back