Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Wazzup with FC BARCELONA?!! (News)

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Classik

BARCELONA struck with injuries!!! :angry2

Abidal and Afelley and Sanchez and Fabregas and Iniesta and me

Cesc Fabregas (hamstring)

Ibrahim Afellay (knee surgery)

Alexis Sanchez (thigh)

Eric Abidal (hamstring)

Me (depression :sad)
The good news is that Iniesta has been finally declared fit. The rest are getting better.
Iniesta had pulled a hamstring against AC Milan. That was on the 13 of september, when we played our first match (champions League)
-

Iniesta was given medical clearance after taking part in a training session involving mainly the B players. :thumbsup
Welcome back!

The rest are getting better.

Villa ignites better!!!

David Villa 7 (Striker) has scored 6 goals (so far) in 11 matches, this season. That is: 6/11 = 0.55 goal in each match.

He managed 23 goals last season, scoring just 4 goals in the first 11 matches. That is: 4/11 = 0.36 goal in a match.

++
++
He has gained [(6/11) - (4/11)] X 11 = 2goals
That is a Barcaful ignition power of 2, or a multiplying factor of approximately 0.18 squadustucal
+

He has a total of 29 goals ( 23 goals in 52 games last season 23/52 = 0.44 goal per match, and 6 goals in 11 matches this season = 0.46 goal)

Keita to be absent in January and February.
--
--
Information reaching fans has it that the Midfielder, Seydou Keita 15 will be absent from Barcelona in January and February.

Mali:biggrin played a 2-2 draw with Liberia:angry and this securing them a face in the
African Nations Cup.

##
The African will have to leave Barcelona in order to play for his country. He will be missing about 12 games for FCB. :sad

++
The tournament begins on January 21. And Keita must leave before his country's first game. His country determines when leaves.
--
--
Go in peace and come back in peace
Edgar F FCB :salute

70% of goals scored by home-grown players

FC Barcelona have scored 37 goals this season, and 26 of those have been scored by products of the club's own youth system. Eight were scored byimported players, and three were own goals. The season has just started, but it looks like locally groomed talent is going to play just as a big a role in this season as in previous ones. Of the 21 players in the first team, 11 came up through the youth system. Messi as ever Messi is once again leading the team's scoring, and is on course to be the league's top scorer, or even the top goalscorer in all of Europe. He already has an amazing 14 goals to his name.

++
++
Cesc surprising
BarÂca's new signing is enjoying his highest scoring start to a season as a professional. He found the net in the first four league fixtures and also scored the deciding goal in Monaco. He has five goals in all.
Pedro doing well The Canary Islander has scored three goals. He was on target at the always difficult Mestalla in the league and has also scored twice in Europe, against Milan and BATE.

Goalscoring midfielders Xavi, with two goals, and Thiago and Iniesta, with one each, are the other former youth team players that have scored this season. Being attacking midfielders, we can expect both Iniesta and Thiago to considerably improve on those tallies as the season draws on.
Edgar F FCB.cat

:biglol

Just kidding, my soccer-loving brother! I just saw this pic and had to use it on ya! :rolling

Latest on FCB... info sent to fans and members.

Keita, first international back in training.

The team trained today for the first time after a three-day break. Seydou Keita, whose Mali side qualified for the African Nations Cup on Saturday, exercised along with Pinto, Maxwell, Iniesta, Fontàs and ten players from Barça B.

The Barça squad returned to work on Tuesday morning at the Ciutat Esportiva after the few players that were not away on international duty had been given three days off. Josep Guardiola is still waiting for most of his players to return, but was at least able to welcome back Seydou Keita today. The midfielder has had a successful weekend, in which his national team, Mali , qualified for the final stages of the African Nations Cup.

Ten reinforcements from B team

The other first team players involved in the session were Pinto, Iniesta, Maxwell and Fontàs , while the coaching staff also called on ten reserve players, namely Masip, Kiko Femenía, Rodri, Muniesa, Rosell, Planas, Montoya, Riverola, Gustavo and Deulofeu .Wednesday evening session.

The next meeting will be on Wednesday at 18.00 in the Ciutat Esportiva. Pep Guardiola should have most of his international players back by then, and will be able to finally start thinking properly about Saturday’s league fixture at home to Racing Santander , which kicks off at 20.00.

FCB,
Edgar Fornós / Anna Segura

Abidal and the Spanish Internationals are back

Abidal and the 8 Barca players on duty with the Spanish national side, returned to training this Wednesday afternoon. On Thursday, with the arrival of the Argentinian and Brazilian players, Guardiola will have the whole squad at his disposal.

Little by little the first team welcomed back the international players, who over the last few days have been concentrated with their national teams. This afternoon, Barca's Spanish internationals, Valdes, Puyol, Pique, Thiago, Xavi, Busquets, Pedro, and Villa, and Abidal, who was away with France, all joined in the training session led by Guardiola.

Recovery session

All the international players trained normally, alongside the five players, Keita, Iniesta, Maxwell, Fontas and Pinto, who weren’t on international duty. Also at the session were a fewyoung players from the reserves, Kiko Femenia, Muniesa, Gustavo, Deulofeu, and Masip. The players who played for their country on Tuesday evening did a light recovery session. Thursday, the South Americans are back The only players left to return to Barcelona are the Argentinians and Brazilians, who played this morning. Messi, Mascherano, Adriano, and Alves, are all expected to be involved in training on Thursday afternoon.

FCB,
Edgar Fornos / Anna Segura

Twelve Barça players at Euro 2012

Barça may be the team to supply the most players to the European Championship.
Between Spain, France and Holland, the club has twelve players due to take part in Ukraine and Poland next summer.

If all 12 of Barça’s European internationals are named in their national squads, then there would be even more than the ten players that went to Holland and Belgium in 2000: Abelardo, Sergi, Guardiola, Figo, Reiziger, Frank and Ronald de Boer, Kluivert, Zenden and Cocu.

10 for Spain

If Vicente del Bosque keeps to his usual plans, and there are no injury concerns, then Víctor Valdés, Xavi, Puyol, Piqué, Busquets, Pedro, Iniesta, Cesc, Pedro, Villa and Thiago will all be picked. Nine of those were in the South Africa World Cup squad, and the only new face is Thiago Alcantara.

Reserve player Martín Montoya also has a chance after being named by Del Bosque for a recent squad.

Abidal a regular choice for Blanc

Eric Abidal will almost surely be selected by France manager Laurent Blanc. As long as he isn’t injured, he should be one of the first choice full backs, with France eager to erase the bad memories of what happened at the World Cup last year.

Afellay on road to recovery

Although he is currently injured and has undergone surgery, Ibrahim Afellay is still being closely monitored by Holland manager Bert van Marwijk, who has said he still hopes to be able to take him to the finals. If his recovery goes to plan,then he should be fit in time to play for the ‘oranje’. Ibi didn’t start any of the games at the last World Cup, at which Holland were finalists, but did come on as sub in three matches and was a regular starter in the European qualifiers.

FCB,
Jesús Carrillo

Pedro feels side is in good shape and confident

The Barça striker says that despite the international break, the team “is relaxed, in good shape and confident†ahead of Saturday’s clash with Racing.

On Thursday the Brazilian and Argentinian players were back as Josep Guardiola starts recuperating members of his squad and preparing to get back to normal and start preparing for the league fixture on Saturday against Racing at the Camp Nou. Pedro says that the squad “is training well, is fully confident and in good shape†to deal with the forthcoming challenge.

Top form

He admitted that “it is always hard to get back into shape after an international breakâ€, but feels that the team is ready to play once they have got over the exertions of international football. Asked whether he feels these situations interrupt the team’s flow, Pedro said “we’ll see … we are training well, are fully confident, and in good shape. Racing have a great team and we expect agood game at the Camp Nou and to keep collecting points. Those who have been with our national teams are recovering strength, but I’m sure we’ll be ready in time for this game.â€

Pedro said that because of the “travel and the minutes played it is always hard to be at one’s best after playing internationals … but we are confident and will be at 100% against Racing.†Headded that “it is a privilege that so many players are picked for their national teamsâ€.

Nearly 50 goals

If he gets two goals on Saturday, Pedro will have made it to 50 in official matches. “It will be difficult. It always is to get such figures, but I’m relaxed, it’s not something that I’m obsessed with. I have been lucky enough to enjoy some great finals with this team. I remember Abu Dhabi, the European Supercup, the games against Madrid... They are all fond memories, I hope to continue working to contribute things.â€

On Xavi’s form, after the player asked to be substituted while playing for Spain and also Abidal, Pedro said “they are both fine and keen to work, but that’s the boss’ decision. I hope they can hlp the team because they always have something to offer.â€

FCB,
Vanessa Forns

Barça to play L’Hospitalet in the cup

FC Barcelona will open their Copa del Rey challenge with a local derby against L’Hospitalet. The first leg will be on November 9 and the return at the Camp Nou on December 21. It will be a historic first meeting between the two sides.

FC Barcelona was the fourth name to come out of the hat, and fate has dealt them a local derby against l’Hospitalet, who are managed by a former Barça man in Jordi Vinyals. The first leg will be on November 9 at Feixa Llarga and the return at the Camp Nou on December 21.

First meeting

This is the first time these sides have ever met in an official fixture, although they did meet on a semi-official basis in last season’s Copa Catalunya, when Barça beat the Division 2B club 2-0 with goals from Dos Santos and Soriano in what was a largely meaningless game, as Espanyol had already secured the trophy.

The full draw

Cadiz-Valencia
Ponferradina-Madrid
Mirandes-Vila-real
Lepe-Sevilla
Albacete-Atlético Madrid
Oviedo-Athletic Bilbao
Almeria-Osasuna
Alcorcón-Zaragoza
Celta-Espanyol
Cordoba-Betis
Racing-Rayo Vallecano
Deportivo-Levante
Mallorca-Sporting
Getafe-Malaga
Real Sociedad-Granada

www.fcbarcelona.cat
Thanks to FCB 4 updates :clap

Classik, I don't mean to steal your mojo. Feel free to continue your account of this tournament, but I want to explore something with you if you can fit it in between posts.

Do you ever find your version of football a bit tedious when the play stays in the middle of the field? That's one thing that prevents me (and most Americans) from being a fan. I don't mind low scoring games, but there has to at least be a threat of scoring - some shots on goal. If neither team is making your heart skip a beat with close calls for long stretches of time, how is that exciting?

In hockey, you can have a thrilling 1-0 game, because there are ~40 shots on goal for either team. In your version of football, they are often very infrequent. What makes it exciting when the play stays in mid-field? :confused

(No offense. I just don't get it. :shrug )

Classik, I don't mean to steal your mojo. Feel free to continue your account of this tournament, but I want to explore something with you if you can fit it in between posts.
Maybe I am not thinking well to respond well now - I have an Important game with Racing. We play 'Home'. We need to win this match to remain on top.

See table below in the link:

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/engl...2/arxiu_partits/lliga/classificacioLliga.html

Do you ever find your version of football a bit tedious when the play stays in the middle of the field? That's one thing that prevents me (and most Americans) from being a fan.
They say one 'man's food man's ...'
What makes you think Americans don't follow Spainish style of soccer/football?

Tedious? Not really! Spain decorates soccer/football, beautifies it, adds glory to it...

President Obama is in love with Barca:
http://www.fcbarcelona.cat/web/english/noticies/club/temporada11-12/10/04/n111004119577.html

He thinks Barca, dreams Barca, talks Barca, plays Barca, acts Barca AND feel so Barcaful. Do you even wonder why he is called Barack Obama? There are two Bs in his name, each signifies 'Barca'. He loves our version.
Messi wears Jersey NO 10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ5cEkBLOZ8

And here:
http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/noticies/futbol/temporada10-11/06/29/n110629118198.html

If President Obama loves Barca, then Americans do:lol

See how Barca has destroyed England and Manu!!! Hehe! Twice beaten...

See how Barca messed up Van der Saal
Messi did a shot during champions League knockout stage with Arsenal and their goalie lost a finger and ended keeping for some time.
Did you notice Ferguson's hand tremble at wembley?
http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/0...summer-move-for-16m-paul-scholes-replacement/

I don't mind low scoring games, but there has to at least be a threat of scoring - some shots on goal. If neither team is making your heart skip a beat with close calls for long stretches of time, how is that exciting?
Barca owns the midfield and holds a higher POSITION 75:25. No other club in the universe does this.

I get your point, Mic...sorry Mike. It is different when we play Real Madrid, Valencia, Villarreal, Chelsea and some others
In hockey, you can have a thrilling 1-0 game, because there are ~40 shots on goal for either team. In your version of football, they are often very infrequent. What makes it exciting when the play stays in mid-field? :confused

(No offense. I just don't get it. :shrug )
Hockey and soccer/football are not the same. Soccer/football is detailed, it is not envious, it is not malicious, it is not pompous - it is advanced Calculus!!!
Wise people follow Spain...but wiser people follow Barca.

Thanks, Mike. Feel Barcaful

Last edited by a moderator:
Three more for the leader (3-0)

Two goals from Messi and another from Xavi gave FC Barcelona a win over Racing Santander at the Camp Nou. With Iniesta back in the team, Barça stay top of the league table for another week.

This time the international break had no effect on FC Barcelona as they cruised to a 3-0 win over Racing Santander to hold onto top spot in the Ligatable. They did so by staying faithful to their usual system, despite nine of the starting eleven having played international fixtures this week. Leo Messi was the star once again, scoring the first and third goals of the game, with Xavi adding another in between as the his side dominated the Cantabrians from start to finish. The performance was an ideal confidence booster ahead of two more important games at the Camp Nou against Viktoria Plzeň and Sevilla .

Messi marvel

For the first time this season, Guardiola started a match without either Busquets or Mascherano . Puyol and Piqué started in the centre of defence, although the latter withdrew injured shortly afterkickoff, while Thiago acted as the linkman between defence and midfield. The football flowed as brilliantly as ever, with absolutely no sign of tiredness among the many internationals. The first goal came after a delightful combinationplay involving Iniesta and Messi. The Argentinian,with just four touches of the ball, left Bernardo and Toño standing before scoring an absolute peach of a goal. It also meant he has now beaten Kubala’s record.

Xavi gets second

The first half was a constant onslaught on the Racing goal. It was only a matter of time before FCB scored again, and that happened on the half hour, when Xavi nodded home a Pedro cross from the left. Puyol and Villa , twice, also had chances to extend the lead against a Racing side that had certainly come to play football, but Hector Cuper’srapid-paced style only played right into the handsof the home side.

More from Messi

Nothing changed after the break. Barça continuedto dominate possession and generate chance after chance. The pace may have eased off slightly, but it was still ideal for Catalans, who appreciated the drop in intensity due to possible fatigue in the wake of so much travelling over the last week. But there was still another goal to come, and that started with Andrés Iniesta going on a terrific run and then striking the ball onto the post, where Messi was ready to cannon the rebound into the net.

Rest for Iniesta and Pedro
The 3-0 scoreline satisfied Guardiola that the team had done its job, and Iniesta, who was playing his first game since getting injured against AC Milan and Pedro , who played for Spainon Tuesday against Scotland, were both brought off early. Keita and Adriano took their place in a game that almost ended with an amazing overhead goal from Abidal . You just never know what to expect from Barça, but it’s almost always amazing! The magic continues…

The goals
1-0, Messi (min 11)
2-0, Xavi (min 27)
3-0, Messi (min 68)

FCB
Roger Bogunyà

Valdés unbeaten in 427 minutes

From the 23rd minute against Valencia, when Pablo scored, Barça have not conceded a single goal, which all goes to show how defensively solid the side is.

It is almost a month since the FC Barcelona first team last let in a goal. On September 21, Barça drew 2-2 at Mestalla and Víctor Valdés has not picked a single ball out of the net since. Bilbao, Bate, Sporting and Racing

Barça have kept four consecutive clean sheets in Europe and Spain, which is the ideal reflection of the way that it is not just stunning attacking football, but also tight defending that have made the team so effective under Pep Guardiola.

7 straight clean sheets at Camp Nou

The first team has yet to concede a goal at home in the league this season. Added to the last three games of the previous season at home to Deportivo, Espanyol and Osasuna, that makes for an impressive run of seven league matches in which Barcelonan have not leaked a single goal.

More defence and more attack

Great defensive teams are usually less adept when it comes to scoring goals, but that is far from the case where Guardiola and Barcelona areconcerned. In league games at the Camp Nou this season, Barça have scored an amazing 21 goals, an average of 5.25 a game, statistical evidence that the team is working to perfection in every department.

FCB,
Marc Guillén

Leaders equals best ever start

Barça have not lost for 12 games, which equals their record in the 2009/10 season. The run started with the Supercup games against Madrid.

Milan win

One of Barcelona’s Champions League rival, AC Milan, also won their league fixture yesterday. Maximiliano Allegri’s side beat Palermo (3-0) with goals from Nocerino, Robinho and Cassano.

► Barça have equalled the record they set in 2009/10 for after beating Racing Santander they have now gone 12 games unbeaten, including the three Supercup matches, seven Liga games and a couple of Champions League fixtures.

►Éric Abidal won the most balls in last night’s game, a total of 18.

► In league games at the Camp Nou, Barça have scored 21 goals, an average of 5.25 a match.

► Barça top the league with 17 points, and are still the highest scoring team with 26.

► Having scored twice against Racing, Messi has now scored 196 goals in official appearances for Barça, which means he overtakes Kubala. The Argentinian is now the second highest goalscorer in club history, only bettered by César, who got 235.

► Between this season and the end of the last, Barça have gone 7 games without conceding a league goal.

► Barça only made 5 fouls against Racing, while the visitors committed 17.

► Barça made a total of 907 good passes, and Racing just 129.

► Xavi has scored in three consecutive league games. He scored against Real Sociedad, Osasuna and then Racing. The header against the Cantabrians marks his best ever start to a season in terms of goals scored.

FCB,
www.fcbarcelona.cat

Fontàs to stay until 2015: “This gives me strengthâ€

FC Barcelona has announced that Andreu Fontàs has signed a new contract on Monday that binds him to the club until the 2014-2015 season. The buy-out clause has been set at 70 million euros.

Centre back Andreu Fontàs, who already had a contract until 2012, has extended it today in the club offices to four seasons through to 2014/15 as a first team member, while the buy-out clause has been increased from 30 to 70 million euros. “Iam very, very happy†he told Barça TV and fcbarcelona.cat. “And rightly so after renewing for the Barça first team .â€

Showing his worth

The player believes that this extension shows that the club trusts in him and now “more than ever I have to show what I am worth. It gives me additional strength to work as hard as I can everyday and show what I’m worthâ€.

Easy about role

Fontàs has only played in one game, the 2-2 drawat Anoeta, this season, but is not too worried. “I’m easy. I went through similar situations with BarçaB and I know it’s very difficult. I’m at the best team in the world and playing with the best players in the world and I’m working hard. Little by little, the chances will come. I am living a dream that I hope never endsâ€.

FCB,
www.fcbarcelona.cat

Inauguration of the new Masia, live on the FC Barcelona YouTube channel

www.fcbarcelona.cat

Next Thursday 20 October from 19.30, the opening of the new Masia Oriol Tort will be seen around the world thanks to the live broadcast FC Barcelona will be offering on its YouTube channel and on its website at www.fcbarcelona.cat

The inauguration coincides with the 32nd anniversary of the Masia de Can Planes as a residence for young sportspeople, and will be shown in three languages, Catalan, Spanish and English, around the world via the club’s social networks in what shall be a pioneering event in Spain. FC Barcelona is the first club in Spain to broadcast a live event on YouTube.

On Twitter and Facebook, Barça has more than 25million fans (@fcbarcelona_cat, @fcbarcelona, @fcbarcelona_es and http://www.facebook.com/fcbarcelona ), and the FC Barcelona YouTube channel ( http://www.youtube.com/fcbarcelona ) has also been consolidated in first place, with 110,083 subscribers .

Back