Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

we said we all gonna be children of God !!!!!!!!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
We are only children of God by faith in Christ Jesus in whom is our free gift of God's grace.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

No, it is not our decission but Gods see John 1:12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

No, it is not our decission but Gods see John 1:12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.
Is it not our choice to believe or not to believe?

John 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
John 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

It's the same in John 3 that we have to believe, but not everyone will make that decision

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
John 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
John 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
John 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Ultimately no, we are responcible for our actions, which includes whether we accept Jesus or not, yet at the same time God chose us before creation.
God did choose us before the foundation of the world, but to be holy and blameless before Him. We can clearly see that none of us have been holy and blameless before Him as all have fallen short of His glory. But, now we have been predestinated only unto the adoption of children through Christ Jesus by God's free gift of grace to all by faith who will believe in Him.

Spiritual Blessings in Christ
Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
Eph 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Eph 1:6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
Eph 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
Eph 1:8 Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;
Eph 1:9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
Eph 1:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:
Eph 1:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
Eph 1:12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

I don't think you two are on the same page, I agree with both of you, lol. I think this is a semantics problem.

I think that children of God is a broad term loosely referring to the many Christians who are saved and going to Heaven but that they may not necessarily be a sons of God. John 1:12

As I understand relationship with our Lord, there are four levels of relationship, and even if we do receive his gift by our choice to receive and to trust Him, let's face it, it is still up to Him alone. As well as if one advances in relationship with Him, it is by His choice to promote you.

Scripture defines four types of relationship.
Servant.
Friend
Sonship
Bride.

Everyone is 'born again' into being a servant of the Kingdom of Heaven. And even if you het promoted, you're still a servant also.
Abraham was called the friend of God. (James 2:23)
To all who believe on His name He gave the power to become the Sons of God. (John 1:12)
And we're all familiar with the Bride of Christ!

When we first get saved, we're not Sons of God, or the Bride of Christ. We're rock bottom in the Kingdom of God, a buck private! So build up your treasures in Heaven like it says, friends. Do that by, spreading the Gospel message, reading His Word, Praying to Him, Listening to Him, Obeying Him, Trusting Him, Loving Him, Loving your neighbors like you would yourself, Being diligent in seeking Him, studying the scriptures daily to show one's approved, and on and on. We know the drill. Love God, Love others and seek Him with all of your heart.

I hope that makes sense to you.

Does a slave to sin/devil have any say in this?
Everyone has a say into where they want to remain as being a slave to sin, or surrendering themselves to the righteousness of God. As Joshua said, choose you this day in whom you shall serve.

Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
Rom 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
Rom 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
Rom 6:19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.
Rom 6:20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.
Rom 6:21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.
Rom 6:22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

I don't think you two are on the same page, I agree with both of you, lol. I think this is a semantics problem.

I think that children of God is a broad term loosely referring to the many Christians who are saved and going to Heaven but that they may not necessarily be a sons of God. John 1:12

As I understand relationship with our Lord, there are four levels of relationship, and even if we do receive his gift by our choice to receive and to trust Him, let's face it, it is still up to Him alone. As well as if one advances in relationship with Him, it is by His choice to promote you.

Scripture defines four types of relationship.
Servant.
Friend
Sonship
Bride.

Everyone is 'born again' into being a servant of the Kingdom of Heaven. And even if you het promoted, you're still a servant also.
Abraham was called the friend of God. (James 2:23)
To all who believe on His name He gave the power to become the Sons of God. (John 1:12)
And we're all familiar with the Bride of Christ!

When we first get saved, we're not Sons of God, or the Bride of Christ. We're rock bottom in the Kingdom of God, a buck private! So build up your treasures in Heaven like it says, friends. Do that by, spreading the Gospel message, reading His Word, Praying to Him, Listening to Him, Obeying Him, Trusting Him, Loving Him, Loving your neighbors like you would yourself, Being diligent in seeking Him, studying the scriptures daily to show one's approved, and on and on. We know the drill. Love God, Love others and seek Him with all of your heart.

I hope that makes sense to you.
A servant of God is part of God’s household and he works to serve his master. The nation of Israel were considered servants of God. Hebrews 3:5, “Moses was faithful as a servant in all God’s household.”

God gave the Law to Israel to teach them their need for a savior. Galatians 3:24 (NIV), “So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith.” Those Jews who received the Law’s instruction and developed tender, reverent hearts were prepared to recognize Jesus as their savior.

During His first advent, Jesus explained to His disciples that they were living in a transition period. Faithful servants in the Law were invited to a closer relationship with God as friends of God. John 15:15 (NIV), “I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.”

After Jesus completed His sacrifice as our ransom, the invitation to sonship was opened. We are adopted as sons through “a new and living way which He inaugurated for us through the veil, that is, His flesh,” Hebrews 10:20 (NASB). “For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus,” Galatians 3:26-28.

If we are faithful sons of God, then we become heirs with Christ. "And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ, if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together." Romans 8:17. In the resurrection, we will receive our blessed inheritance. “Beloved, now we are children of God…when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is.” 1 John 3:2. “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him,” 1 Corinthians 2:9.

However, all sons of God also serve God. True Christians are both sons and servants of God. Jesus, Himself, came to serve. Mark 10:44-45 (NASV), “And whoever of you desires to be first shall be slave of all. For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve.” Therefore, let us remember “by love (to) serve one another,” Galatians 5:13.

The wholeoint of aslave is that they are not free, not free to choose who to serve or who not to serve.
They are bound by chains, u fortunately most prefer the hair s of sin to the hains of righteousness.
Doulos is a Greek word in the Bible that has only one true historical option for accurate translation into English, which is slave. It literally means to be owned by someone for a lifetime as people are either slaves to sin, resulting in death, or slaves to God, resulting in eternal life.

Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
Rom 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
Rom 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
Rom 6:19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.
Rom 6:20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.
Rom 6:21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.
Rom 6:22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

t literally means to be owned by someone for a lifetime as people are either slaves to sin, resulting in death, or slaves to God, resulting in eternal life.
Which is what I was writing, if somewhat miss spelt.

How does a slave to sin become a slave to rightousness?
It only happens if a more powerful being ( Jesus ) breaks those chains and gives that slave the offer of salvation.

The slave does not free themself.

Which is what I was writing, if somewhat miss spelt.

How does a slave to sin become a slave to rightousness?
It only happens if a more powerful being ( Jesus ) breaks those chains and gives that slave the offer of salvation.

The slave does not free themself.
When someone makes you an offer it's still up to you to accept the offer or reject the offer. I agree that only Jesus can break the chains of sin in us as we are only made righteous by His righteousness as there is nothing we can do of ourself to become righteous on our own , but yet it is up to us to first believe in Him by faith. Many, even after hearing the word preached to them, still turn away as they remain lovers of themselves and enjoy their evil deeds.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
John 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
John 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
John 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Back