Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What authority does Satan have as the accuser?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

ezrider

so he still travels back and forth and stands before God trying to accuse us of our sin,

So IF you were to say to an openly gay couple seeking to be married that they were living in sin and needed to repent to be saved; for whom would YOU be operating as an advocate for, Satan or Jesus?

Moderator notice: this topic has been separated from another thread by mutual agreement of both parties:

Last edited by a moderator:
So IF you were to say to an openly gay couple seeking to be married that they were living in sin and needed to repent to be saved; for whom would YOU be operating as an advocate for, Satan or Jesus?

For Jesus of course as I show them with scripture how it is an abomination to God and hope that they would see that and turn back to Him in obedience to His commands.

Reactions: JLB
For Jesus of course as I show them with scripture how it is an abomination to God

Sadly no, but rather you are acting the role of the accuser, accusing them of sin, telling them they must get right with God, and pointing to the law and the scripture to justify it. As the accuser, what do you think Satan claims as his authority?

Sadly no, but rather you are acting the role of the accuser, accusing them of sin, telling them they must get right with God, and pointing to the law and the scripture to justify it. As the accuser, what do you think Satan claims as his authority?
If you want to continue with this please start a new thread and tag me in for further discussion as this is off topic. Thank you.

for_his_glory, this has everything to do the the 3 world ages we have been discussing. The 3 world ages presupposes Satan rebellion. How did he rebel? If Satan caused a third of the angels to rebel with him as the three world ages teaching claims, then what authority do you think Satan claimed that would convince a third of God's children to rebel and then be cast down?

So before we can talk of rebellion and previous earth ages, we should at least agree on the nature of the rebellion that caused the earth to become void creating a gap between Gen 1:1 and Gen 1:2.

Since the scripture tells us that Satan is called the ACCUSER of Brethren, and so that we have a common understanding in the context of the other thread; I asked you simple question.

As the Accuser, what do you think Satan claims as his authority?

Moderator notice: this topic has been separated from another thread by mutual agreement of both parties:

There is an advocate for good who sits at the right hand of the Father who is Christ Jesus who makes intercession for us when the advocate who is evil called Satan stands before God accusing us of our sin as he only comes to kill, steal and destroy our faith. Rev 12:10, John 10:10.

I accuse no one of their sin, but only to show them with scripture that they are not walking in obedience to God's commands and what they do as being gay is an abomination to Him. I have no right to judge them as God is the judge over all, but I can point them to Christ.

Satan would never be an advocate regarding anyone trusting in Christ as their Savior.

Last edited:
for_his_glory, this has everything to do the the 3 world ages we have been discussing. The 3 world ages presupposes Satan rebellion. How did he rebel? If Satan caused a third of the angels to rebel with him as the three world ages teaching claims, then what authority do you think Satan claimed that would convince a third of God's children to rebel and then be cast down?

So before we can talk of rebellion and previous earth ages, we should at least agree on the nature of the rebellion that caused the earth to become void creating a gap between Gen 1:1 and Gen 1:2.

Since the scripture tells us that Satan is called the ACCUSER of Brethren, and so that we have a common understanding in the context of the other thread; I asked you simple question.

As the Accuser, what do you think Satan claims as his authority?
What Satan claims as his authority is his own rebelliousness against God wanting to be just like God. Ezekiel 28:11-19 is a dual reference comparing the King of Tyre with Satan.

What Satan claims as his authority is his own rebelliousness against God

What? Are you serious? That's like saying a cupcake tastes sweet because it is a cupcake! You think Satan Claims his own rebelliousness as an Authority that God would accept or recognize for an accusation of sin?

Satan is called the accuser of the brethren.

Jesus said you have one accuser, even Moses in whom you trust.

You would be advocating for the "couple".
Letting them know what the fruit of their "union" will accomplish is in their own best interests.

"There is only one lawgiver and judge—the One who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you who judges your neighbor?"
James 4:12 TLV

Since it is God who does the judging and it is He who does the saving or destroying, the only authority Satan could possibly have as the accuser, is the law by which God does the judging.

Also, because God is righteous, any accusations must be true if they are to condemn, therefore Satan has no authority as an accuser if we are innocent of the accusations. Sometimes it requires faith on our part to trust that, in order to have the peace of mind knowing that God is judging us innocent even if others don't.

What? Are you serious? That's like saying a cupcake tastes sweet because it is a cupcake! You think Satan Claims his own rebelliousness as an Authority that God would accept or recognize for an accusation of sin?
Of course God does not accept any rebellion against Him or anyone. Who was it that caused Satan to rebel against God wanting all that God had? It was the sin of pride that caused iniquity to be found in him as Satan rebelled against God as we read in Ezekiel 28:13-19.

for_his_glory, can you stick to the simplicity that is in the scripture? You are still not answering the very simple question I asked of you, which causes me to believe you just don't understand. So I'll ask you one more time.
If Satan accuses the brethren of SIN, then what gives Satan the authority to make such accusations?

for_his_glory, can you stick to the simplicity that is in the scripture? You are still not answering the very simple question I asked of you, which causes me to believe you just don't understand. So I'll ask you one more time.
If Satan accuses the brethren of SIN, then what gives Satan the authority to make such accusations?

Why this emphasis on 'authority' given to satan? satan acts on his will, not God's.

Just because God allows the spiritual war and salvation of man to play out instead of destroying satan and his angels, in no way means satan has 'authority' from God to accuse the brethren. satan does it because he hates the believers and he hates God and he has access to God.

And, might I say satan's accusations against the believer for sin are 'true'? Though he be a liar and murderer, he doesn't have to stretch the truth much in this.

Quantrill

He doesn’t have the authority to accuse God’s people who walk in righteousness of sin, because he is in disobedience and rebellion against God.

He is a liar and the father of lies.

JLB

As the accuser, what do you think Satan claims as his authority?

If he is accusing someone before God of being a homosexual, then he is using God’s law as a basis for his accusation, because he knows homosexuality is against God’s law.

My answer to Satan is this:

Satan’s rebellious nature of sin was introduced into the human race in the garden, so any accusation against any human being is an indictment against himself.

JLB

Since it is God who does the judging and it is He who does the saving or destroying, the only authority Satan could possibly have as the accuser, is the law by which God does the judging.

If he is accusing someone before God of being a homosexual, then he is using God’s law as a basis for his accusation, because he knows homosexuality is against God’s law.

for_his_glory, two other members here have rightly identified it is the LAW that Satan identifies as his authority. Do you not understand this? You identified rebelliousness in post #7, you added in pride in in post #12, but you could never seem to identify that by which the knowledge of pride and rebellion comes from. Why is that?

for_his_glory, two other members here have rightly identified it is the LAW that Satan identifies as his authority. Do you not understand this? You identified rebelliousness in post #7, you added in pride in in post #12, but you could never seem to identify that by which the knowledge of pride and rebellion comes from. Why is that?
It comes from not walking in obedience to God's commands. Satan is lover of self, rebellious against God and full of arrogant pride wanting all the is God's own including those who are of God's own.

John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Reactions: JLB
Back