Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What did Jesus do when He died on the cross?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Deidr

Did Jesus death on the cross free men from the penalty of sin?

If so provide scriptures on "how"

Did Jesus Death on the cross automatically forgive sin? Please explain

Was Jesus's death on the cross to show us He is the way to the Father?

Did Jesus death bring us a new way to have a relationship with God other then the law? If so how.

Please explain so a child of 5 could understand.

No.
We are still penalized if we sin.
The penalty is eternal separation from God.
The question is not so easy as it seems, but this is a start.

Roman's 6:12

No.
We must believe God exists and repent.
There has to be a sincere effort to obey God.
This becomes easier as the Holy Spirit works on transforming our heart.

Hebrews 11:6

He IS the way to the Farher, but the reason Jesus died was to be an atonement for our sin.

Romans 8:1...

Did Jesus death bring us a new way to have a relationship with God other then the law? If so how.

Yes and No.
Man was always saved by faith.
But in the OT the Holy Spirit did not Dwell in our spirit. We now have the capability to walk with God in a stronger, more dedicated way.

So, the big question is:
WHY did Jesus have to be sacrificed.
Maybe.

My understanding - correct me where I'm wrong in love. Tks in advance.

Jesus is the new and living way onto the Father for all people.

Jesus physical death payed the penalty of sin which is death (separation from God)

Therefore we are reconciled (brought back near)
to God.

Now We must be continually be delivered through His life giving Spirit.

So another words we as former Israel did, (but their's through the law)have a way to enter life with God.

Because Jesus kept the law by His obedience and love for the father.

How do we enter life with God?
The goal is to uphold Father God's commandments.

Therefore Jesus upheld God's commands
So that in Him where forgiveness is found we can also uphold the Father's commandments.

It seems to be a conscience issue on our part-
Having our conscience clear before God.
Because God is Spirit, We must come to Him in the right SPIRIT/HEART.

How is our conscience clear before God
When we do what we have heard. So when our actions align with what we say we believe.

So it seems salvation can take on different aspects.

In one way salvation(deliverence/deliverer etc) can mean bringing us into the light, another your conscience cleared by living in the light.

So all things that are Salvatory
are not expressed in one scripture.

Another words in Ephesians 2 we Know the salvation is deliverence from being dead in Sin.
Ok, so we see that: not of yourself it is a gift from God.

But in Christ (as he is the place and reference point of deliverence) there is initiate on our part
because we must obey what we say we believe for a clear conscience.

And this is the Baptism I myself see in 1 Peter 3:21.
How do you have a clear conscience before God through the resurrection of Jesus Christ?

Jesus lives forever to intercede on the behalf of those who come to Him. To live by His life/Spirit/word is death to yourself. I see when Satan tempted Jesus...Jesus said He lived off His father's word.

And I see it as life for life

So let me conclude and say His Death Reconciles His life rewards.

Jesus physical death payed the penalty of sin which is death (separation from God)

to God.

So another words we as former Israel did, (but their's through the law)have a way to enter life with God.

So that in Him where forgiveness is found we can also uphold the Father's commandments.

When we do what we have heard. So when our actions align with what we say we believe.

In one way salvation(deliverence/deliverer etc) can mean bringing us into the light, another your conscience cleared by living in the light.

Another words in Ephesians 2 we Know the salvation is deliverence from being dead in Sin.

But in Christ (as he is the place and reference point of deliverence) there is initiate on our part

How do you have a clear conscience before God through the resurrection of Jesus Christ?

Jesus lives forever to intercede on the behalf of those who come to Him. To live by His life/Spirit/word is death to yourself. I see when Satan tempted Jesus...Jesus said He lived off His father's word.

Hi Deidr
We, on this forum, are required to reply in love.
We strive to have a friendly atmosphere.

You asked for the reply to a 5 year old!
But your reply is very deep.
And correct.
I agree with all.

I'm not sure what you mean by this:

and I very much agree with your last sentence.

This is going to be a very good thread.

to God.

If we live by His word we are free
And how is this supposed to be taught..
Jesus said: As you go make disciples (learners apprentice) of all nations, teaching them to do
all that I commanded you.

Willard would say something like this:
Baptizing (emmersing )them in the presence of the Holy Trinity....

It make sense to me seeing that when you do the word you will come in contact with The presence of God.

So basically we [our actions] need to come into contact with the actions of God.

If we live by His word we are free
And how is this supposed to be taught..
Jesus said: As you go make disciples (learners apprentice) of all nations, teaching them to do
all that I commanded you.

Willard would say something like this:
Baptizing (emmersing )them in the presence of the Holy Trinity....

It make sense to me seeing that when you do the word you will come in contact with The presence of God.

So basically we [our actions] need to come into contact with the actions of God.
By doing the word, you mean following God's word...His commandments.

Are you aware that you must use the REPLY button at bottom right or the other member, in this case me, will never know you replied.

(I know because I'm not feeling well and have the phone in my hand)

Hi Deidr
We, on this forum, are required to reply in love.
We strive to have a friendly atmosphere.

You asked for the reply to a 5 year old!
But your reply is very deep.
And correct.
I agree with all.

I'm not sure what you mean by this:

and I very much agree with your last sentence.

This is going to be a very good thread.
Lol tks wondering...I guess I meant a high IQ 5 year old...😃

In regards to your question..
In my view- I don't think it's about God's conscience because we are in Christ, and Christ paid the penalty for sin. But it's about our 😔 guilt.
Our guilt puts us in a place to where we don't know if God hears us or not when we pray.

Think for a moment about Adam after He ate from the 🌳 of knowledge of good and evil. What did He do and why did He do it?

God seemed to cover them with clothing so He could deal with them(doesnt that sound familiar), but How do we relate to God.
Well what did He tell Cain when his continence had fallen? If you just do right YOU WOULD BE ACCEPTED-don't quote me

Therefore if Jesus is righteous and we are in Him, He is like our clothing to God. But still that leaves the question of our own Guilt 😔.

What type of relationship could you have with someone if you have a guilty conscience before them?
Therefore the scripture: if you are in the light you should also walk in the light.
And what is said to happen when we walk in the light? The blood of Jesus cleanses us from all unrighteousness.

So the baptism that saves us now is not a removal of dirt off the skin, it's being emmersed in the presence of God. God gives you a clear conscience before God.
Being caught up in His actions.

That's my thought on it wondering

What is faith really? But our actions in what we say we believe.

It seems when we act in what we say we believe then we know.

And what does "know" have to do with anything?
Well the definition of eternal life. That they may know you the only true God and Jesus Christ that He has sent.

"Know" as some will say is an intimate relationship as Adam knew Eve.

Being caught up in what one is doing is definitely a way to have a relationship for sure.

 ​

1 Peter kjv 3

3 Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;
2 While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.
3 Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;
4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
5 For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands:
6 Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.
7 Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.
8 Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous:
9 Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.

10 For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:
11 Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it.
12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.
13 And who is he that will harm you, if ye be followers of that which is good?
14 But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;
15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
16 Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.
17 For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.
18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
22 Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

Yes, Jesus death on the cross was the penalty God demanded for the forgiveness/remission of all sin. His death freed everyone who accepts Him as their Savior and s/he receives eternal life.

“For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life." John 3:16 It doesn't get any clearer than that!

Oh, I like this instruction

Some men.

God's mercy and grace. Mercy being the overlooking of sin and grace being the reward given to those who did not earn it. Eph. 2:8-9

No. Jesus death conquered death, satisfied God need for justice and made those God chose to be right with God by the application of faith by the Spirit.

Yes. Jesus did the work and the Spirit applies the work to certain men.

No, the way to God has always been by faith.

Oh, I like this instruction

Some men.

God's mercy and grace. Mercy being the overlooking of sin and grace being the reward given to those who did not earn it. Eph. 2:8-9

Hi, I didn't mean for you to give your definition of mercy and grace.But I do thank you for your comments

Now if the Penalty of sin is death, separation from God who is Life.
And we do know that God can turn His back on sin, then how are you saved when the essence of salvation is deliverence.

You gave Ephesians 2

Are
"it usually denotes that the action is something that the subject is in the habit of doing [we walk, I work]. although occasionally it can be used to describe a more immediate action "

This is how you are saved [kept, aliving] through the faith or faithfulness of Christ. That faithfulness is not of ourselves. Its a gift.

So how is one [are saved] through His faithfulness or Jesus's faith in God?

ANSWER MUST BE AROUND - QUICKENED
NOW IF "ARE" IS THE PRESENT TENSE.....WHAT'S NEXT?

Try this on : by grace you are quickened through Jesus Spirit that remains, Because He lives forever. And His forever abiding is not because you did something but a gift.

Now if you are Quickened Fastfredy0 , How do you remain alive(quickened)?

We were brought into the light or into the kingdom of His dear son, now what?

Maybe because if we sin we can asked for forgiveness and get back up walking in the light.

We are delivered through Christ's faithfulness ✅
As Noah being delivered through the Ark's faithfulness, it's ability to hold up under extreme measures.
So yes they had to be in the ark, which would mean we have to remain in Christ.

So what does that mean to remain in Christ- ? Basically to live like He lived.

So my understanding:
God gave us the Spirit of Christ to walk in.
Remaining in Him then is to walk in His love, His teachings.

Which boils down to we are continually saved(have life) when we live out the life of Christ.
Therefore a life for a life
IF WE WANT LIFE WE MUST LAY OURS DOWN.

No. Jesus death conquered death,
Jesus Conquered death. HIS DEATH, HE IS THE FIRST FRUITS THE QUESTION IS HIW DO WR CONQUET DEATH?
satisfied God need for justice and made those God chose to be right with God by the application of

faith by the Spirit.
EXPLAIN
Yes. Jesus did the work and the Spirit applies the work to certain men.
HOW
No, the way to God has always been by faith.
WHAT IS FAITH. WHOSE FAITH, GIVE SCRIPTURE REFERENCE

Yes, Jesus death on the cross was the penalty God demanded for the forgiveness/remission of all sin.
scripture tks
His death freed everyone who accepts Him as their Savior and s/he receives eternal life.
Without condition, because Jesus said He always did what was pleasing to His father and His father never left Him alone.
“For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish
Perish- meaning?
believes is in the present so one must keep on believing, right.
so what does that look like in your life?
but may have eternal life."
What is eternal life?
And when ca mn you get it?

John 3:16 It doesn't get any clearer than that!
Idk I guess Im 🤷 🐌 slow

Back